United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-01-2024, 01:58 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Literally couldn't even do the one thing he was brought on to do.
Absolute shite. Needs binning off in the summer if we want to progress. Should have brought Casemiro on for that last half hour instead.

Unread 15-01-2024, 02:19 PM
goldfinger II

It was such a poor effort. A fart in the general direction of goal. He knows as that ball comes in that he now has a free header to win the game, and that's what he did with it. Shit.

Unread 15-01-2024, 03:36 PM
Parlabane

This is the issue of keeping players in the squad because they are "good guys" / academy players - there should only be one criteria for whether players are retained on any basis and that is - are they good enough ?

The Scottish Player just isn't good enough if we have aspirations to challenge again, this should be made plain to him whilst helping him to find another club.

He has had plenty of time to prove himself and so far his only discernible quality seems to be sometimes he has a potshot that comes off, he adds absolutely nothing else to the team

Unread 15-01-2024, 03:38 PM
NedKelly

The Scottish Player

Test post

Edit - armchair was hoping this would make a comeback

Unread 15-01-2024, 04:41 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
This is the issue of keeping players in the squad because they are "good guys" / academy players - there should only be one criteria for whether players are retained on any basis and that is - are they good enough ?

The Scottish Player just isn't good enough if we have aspirations to challenge again, this should be made plain to him whilst helping him to find another club.

He has had plenty of time to prove himself and so far his only discernible quality seems to be sometimes he has a potshot that comes off, he adds absolutely nothing else to the team
The crux of the issue. Far far too many of this level at the club, which whenever we have inevitable injuries leads to them filling out the first team. They're physically and tactically incapable of executing the game plan we want to.

Unread 15-01-2024, 10:24 PM
Dacter

An infection

Unread 17-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Ethers

It’s what we’ve all been waiting for. Out today. Scott The Scottish Player is the latest guest on the High Performance podcast.

£#%&! me.

Unread 17-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Whip Hubley

Can only presume there was no availability on the average performance podcast as it was booked up with the rest of the squad.

Unread 17-01-2024, 11:28 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Can only presume there was no availability on the average performance podcast as it was booked up with the rest of the squad.
Or a one-off 'Performing while high' special.

Unread 17-01-2024, 01:26 PM
Stickman

Top scorer in the league.

Unread 17-01-2024, 01:51 PM
Finport Red

How off one’s head does a person need to be to want to watch this?

Unread 13-02-2024, 06:00 AM
westcoastvan

Good to see Ten Hag get the best out of The Scottish Player.

I thought for sure that would be great for getting The Scottish Player in the shop window.

Didn't realize The Scottish Player's contract essentially expired this summer though.

I am very much looking forward to Ratcliffe taking over football operations.

Unread 13-02-2024, 11:08 AM
Jack Duckworth

My Guy is a perfect squad player for us. Hope we give him a new contract.

Unread 13-02-2024, 11:13 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
My Guy is a perfect squad player for us. Hope we give him a new contract.
He deserves one more than most at our club tbf. Gets way too much shite from the usual suspects on here. Defo squad rather than 1st teamer imv but has proved too often to be a great impact sub.

We’d be in a right sorry mess without his goals this season.

Unread 13-02-2024, 01:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He deserves one more than most at our club tbf. Gets way too much shite from the usual suspects on here. Defo squad rather than 1st teamer imv but has proved too often to be a great impact sub.

We’d be in a right sorry mess without his goals this season.
He’s useful as a last throw of the dice. He isn’t great at CM but can be useful in that false 9 position as a tall threat.

I’ve wanted him gone, don’t think he is good enough but if he has a reasonable contract and we use him almost as a 3rd/Hail Mary striker then it’s worth keeping him.

Problem with United is we would give him a contract and 4 games into the new season he is playing CM hiding from the ball and playing it safe each time.

Unread 19-03-2024, 08:48 AM
magic_cantona

This guy deserves more respect imo. At least some sentimental affection. The lad has been a part of some incredible moments at United and gives everything. I don't even want him sold seeing how he can actually win games for us or at least contribute. You can ram your "The Scottish Player" bullshit. Good squad player, great attitude. Show some love ffs.

(I've definitely wanted him sold and have slagged him off. All in the past that.)

Unread 19-03-2024, 09:37 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
This guy deserves more respect imo. At least some sentimental affection. The lad has been a part of some incredible moments at United and gives everything. I don't even want him sold seeing how he can actually win games for us or at least contribute. You can ram your "The Scottish Player" bullshit. Good squad player, great attitude. Show some love ffs.

(I've definitely wanted him sold and have slagged him off. All in the past that.)
I'm the same have wanted rid for ages but he ran himself ragged on Sunday, his legs gave way just as he made that pass for Rashfords goal then that charge he made to get on the end of Rashfords pass late on too.

Maguire & Antony stepped up in extra time too, £#%&! it they all did .....giddiness levels havent dropped yet I may call them all @#%&!s v Brentford

Unread 19-03-2024, 09:39 AM
Medlock

Has value. Good running with ball, setting up counters, set piecees, and has an eye for goal. Generally thrives when it's a 'blood and thunder' football like Sunday. Tends to struggle in slow tactical games or when opponents sit deep. Like the lad.

Unread 19-03-2024, 01:35 PM
shenwen

Sunday was typical of his season. generally shit, jogging around and barely putting in a tackle, but then he pops up and gets a goal.

File with Antony - nice guy, loves playing here, keep for the bench.

Unread 19-03-2024, 01:41 PM
atticusgrinch

He's £#%&!ing rubbish let's be honest, but he puts a shift in when he's not hiding from the ball.

Sell him if a good offer comes in. If not he's alright to sling on at the end of games.