United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Gruber

Default Re: how was gibbles when he came on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Was a greedy bastard and should of played macheda in.
Played a good ball to the wing.
Was a greedy bastard again trying a volley from a wierd angle, but luckily fell to berbatov.

'Bout it really
his attempted defensive clearance was laughable

Unread 27-12-2010, 07:40 AM
borsuk

he played quite well against a sunderland side who'd long since given up trying

Unread 27-12-2010, 08:14 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he played quite well against a sunderland side who'd long since given up trying
Round about 1974.....

Unread 27-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Manchester

He's shit and didn't deserve to be given a chance yesterday.

We all know that he isn't mobile, that he won't chase the ball down, nor make tackles. When presented with a shooting opportunity, he takes it rather than passing, even when someone else is in a better position.

Sooner we get rid, the better.

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:12 AM
waynes ear's

i hope he £#%&!s off soon. shit @#%&!

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester

We all know that he isn't mobile, that he won't chase the ball down, nor make tackles. When presented with a shooting opportunity, he takes it rather than passing, even when someone else is in a better position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
I agree with the two gentlemen above, he's no better than say Lord Snooty and we got rid of him.

Gibson could be PL standard, but he's not top 4 standard

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Was a greedy bastard and should of played macheda in.
Played a good ball to the wing.
Was a greedy bastard again trying a volley from a wierd angle, but luckily fell to berbatov.

'Bout it really
Not being funny, but he asked what he did in the game, not what match of the day showed.

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Not that there's any point in saying it, but Fletcher, Anderson, Nani. 3 players off the top off of my head who Fergie continued with whilst everyone here insisted were shit and not good enough, and eventually came good.

I reckon since hes back in the squad, since Fergie doesn't want to get rid of him, Fergie sees a player In him, so I'll stick with his judgement.

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:50 AM
red in cumbria

Sorry Maggers, but just can't see it in this case

Yesterday was about the shop window, methinks

Unread 27-12-2010, 11:57 AM
borsuk

i think gibson's been given time to kick on but hasn't really done so. fletcher (great in the reserves), anderson and nani had all showed a lot more than gibson and earned their places, despite taking a while to reach their full potential so the comparisons don't really work imo.

better comparisons would be richardson, campbell etc - players who showed enough to be given time to see if they could step up, but who failed to do so and were moved on.

Unread 27-12-2010, 02:54 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Has he been injured or something? Haven't seen him in ages.

Wouldn't mind seeing him go out on loan to another Premiership cub in January so he can get regular games.

Can only see him being a bit-part player this season with Carrick and Anderson getting back to form.
back in the side just in time for a january defenestration hopefully

Unread 27-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester

This.

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:15 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Not being funny, but he asked what he did in the game, not what match of the day showed.
Pretty much all he did. I remember him sprinting quite well.

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:26 PM
wonky no

Default Re: the official darron gibson and other things positive thread

i don't really see how gibson has failed in anything. he's had some very , very good games. yes he likes to shoot rather than pass to the flanks but in all honesty its refreshing to see from our midfield.

shooting from distance through the centre backs is a great way to get goals. scholes was/is possibly the only other midfielder who can do this. a shoot on sight policy isn't exclusively reserved for the last 10 mins when a goal behind.

he can tackle, not sure why he's been labelled as a non tackler.
he looks awkward on the ball sometimes but thats most likely to do ewith his size. he has good feet in possession.

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i don't really see how gibson has failed in anything. he's had some very , very good games. yes he likes to shoot rather than pass to the flanks but in all honesty its refreshing to see from our midfield.

shooting from distance through the centre backs is a great way to get goals. scholes was/is possibly the only other midfielder who can do this. a shoot on sight policy isn't exclusively reserved for the last 10 mins when a goal behind.

he can tackle, not sure why he's been labelled as a non tackler.
he looks awkward on the ball sometimes but thats most likely to do ewith his size. he has good feet in possession.

You need to stop this wum now mate seriously.

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
dunk

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/m...s-term-1379691

Quote:
Man Utd midfielder Gibson delighted with personal progress this term

Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson is delighted with the action he's seen this season.

Despite the likes of Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, Anderson and Darren Fletcher all ahead of him in the midfield pecking order, Gibson, who has featured in four of United's last five games, says he has been pleased with his contributions to the cause so far this season.

"When you are a younger player you have to wait for your chance and when it comes along you have to take it," the midfielder told manutd.com.

"Luckily for me when I came back from injury earlier in the season, there were a few others out for a while and I got my chance.

"There is a little extra pressure because you always have to prove you can do as well, if not better, than the players who are in every week.

"I feel I have kicked on from there and have played a few games since."

First comment...

Quote:
Anonymous Wed, 01/12/2011 - 08:53.

How can Fletcher and Carrick be ahead of Gibson he is a much better player then these two. I am also happy with his performances his passing has got much better, can't say the same for Fletcher who keeps giving the ball away. Sooner or later Gibson will replace the terrible Fletcher.
Wonks?

Unread 15-01-2011, 06:35 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
this person speaks the truth, however i love mcgenius too.

Unread 26-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Sloppy

Never ever start a game again you useless fat #@&%!.
Closed Thread