United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2009, 08:37 PM
TravellingRed

Positive thread? How about the fact it wasn't our first team by a long shot and we still only lost to a good side on pens? As for the doom merchants, get a £#%&!ing grip for christ's sake.

Unread 19-04-2009, 09:11 PM
wonky no

can you imagine what message that game has sent out across europe? madrid and barcelona are no-where near us in terms or depth and quality. it puts benitez firmly on his arse after spurting about how much we spend too.

Unread 19-04-2009, 09:12 PM
silv

I thought they did us all proud today and you could field that team with evans and another in there and itd be a top half finish in the league.

Unread 19-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Pig
I thought the team that was out there were magnificent.

Just back from the match and seen that @#%&!ing commentators comments about how it's a penalty but not a blatent penalty

Welbeck had a cracking game as did Machida, the futures bright
Raging, can you get your Bill to do a spot of posting on here?

Cheers.

Unread 19-04-2009, 11:05 PM
fix up look SHARPE

so gibson. do we reckon he'll make it at united.

i think he's a decent player who had a good game today and hasn't really played badly in any of his appearances this season. but as ether pointed out it's kinda hard to tell what his key strengths/attributes are. he just seems to be missing something, there isn't an outstanding quality to his game. his shooting is decent so maybe he's going to have to work on getting forward more and start adding more goals to his game.

i can't really see him making it, but then i couldn't see fletcher doing so. i get the impression maybe fergie has been using him this season to put him on the radar and help ensure he forges out a good career in the premiership for himself. united always strike me as genuinely wanting to help the academy products who don't make the grade at united (or in football at all even)

Unread 19-04-2009, 11:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
so gibson. do we reckon he'll make it at united.

i think he's a decent player who had a good game today and hasn't really played badly in any of his appearances this season. but as ether pointed out it's kinda hard to tell what his key strengths/attributes are. he just seems to be missing something, there isn't an outstanding quality to his game. his shooting is decent so maybe he's going to have to work on getting forward more and start adding more goals to his game.

i can't really see him making it, but then i couldn't see fletcher doing so. i get the impression maybe fergie has been using him this season to put him on the radar and help ensure he forges out a good career in the premiership for himself. united always strike me as genuinely wanting to help the academy products who don't make the grade at united (or in football at all even)
Maybe, but it will take him a few years to mature, he'll be 25 before he starts to excel, kind of like Carrick. Wasn't worth a £3m punt at 22-23, spent £18m on him at 25-26.

Unread 19-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Boney87

As has been said got a shot on him and seems to be ok at everything but not particuarly special at anything. Reminds me abit of Lampard at that sort of age, if he could add the goals to his game he'd be a real asset.

Unread 20-04-2009, 12:53 AM
class of 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there was very little negative today.

clearly the team selection showed a total disrespect for the opposition and the competition, which we could easily have saved for shite like portsmouth.

but that youth team with a couple of centre backs still totally outplayed everton.

the only real negatives were mike @#%&! riley getting the only big decision (and most of the little ones) wrong - not to mention handing out yellow cards to our lads for nothing and not sending fellaini off.

and berbatov not actually being as good as he is cool when it comes to penalties. howard would have had to have been trying to let him score for that to have gone in.

it seems you don't need luck to win a quintuple, you just need to take every £#%&!ing game seriously.

I don't think we should bother entering the f.a. cup next year, given what has been done to us in the last two years.
It looked like he was already lying on the floor before ''the cool one''took it.......it's not the price tag, if he cost 30 bob I'd still be wanting to hit the @#%&!, that was a shit penalty

but on a positive note, I won't have to fork out for another over priced trip to wembley

Unread 20-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Macca1990

I dunno if its just me but I thought Wellbeck was shocking, did a lot of runnin which came to nothing, didnt hit the target with numerous attempts, could have used the ball in the final 3rd alot better aswell, though Macheda and Wellbeck possible sufferd with one of the having to head out to the right whilst the other was upfront.

I thought Foster was really reassuring, was really commanding on alot of the crosses and corners.

Vidic was outstanding Rio and Nemnja the best Centre back pairing in the world since Maldini & Nesta in recent times.

Machedas link up play and willingness for the ball was quality, seems to have a decent turn of pace aswell.

Unread 20-04-2009, 08:17 AM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I dunno if its just me but I thought Wellbeck was shocking, .
It's you.

I thought he played well.

When I saw the teamsheet I had doubts but on the hole I thought we played ok, just lacked a goal threat, Vidic was outstanding again.

Unread 20-04-2009, 08:35 AM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
I dunno if its just me but I thought Wellbeck was shocking.
i agree, i thought he was poor, can't remember one decent cross he put in, every time he got the ball he had to cut inside onto his right foot.

can't understand why nani didn't play on the left

Unread 20-04-2009, 08:45 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
i agree, i thought he was poor, can't remember one decent cross he put in, every time he got the ball he had to cut inside onto his right foot.

can't understand why nani didn't play on the left
I think he will play Nani on weds, was probably saving him

Unread 20-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Time For Heroes

Thought Anderson played really well, much better than sideways or backwards Gibson, I thought I was watching Butch all over again. That was the reason we eventually started hitting it long as each time the defence played it in to Gibbo he played it straight back to them and Foster then just gave it the big hoof. i think he could be a decent player but nothing special I'm afraid.

I'm just thinking how good Rooney and Macheda could be up top. The kid looks like he's an intelligent player and a real trier so him and Roonster could be dynamite.

Unread 20-04-2009, 10:22 AM
BarryX

Fabio 18
Rafael 18

Gibson 21
Anderson 21 (just last week)

Macheda 17
Wellbeck 18

All of them stepped up to the occasion yesterday. It may have been a crap game, but none of them let themselves down. In front of 88,000 fans. Against a team for who the game meant everything for. And we didn't loose after 120 mins. And we would have won a replay

Thats positive.

Unread 27-12-2010, 02:51 AM
wonky no

Default how was gibbles when he came on?

only saw th'ighlights

Unread 27-12-2010, 02:55 AM
ReligiousRed

Default Re: how was gibbles when he came on?

Hardly touched the ball from what i remember tbh, nothing wrong or right done.

Unread 27-12-2010, 02:58 AM
wonky no

fair enough.

ta

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Menace

Has he been injured or something? Haven't seen him in ages.

Wouldn't mind seeing him go out on loan to another Premiership cub in January so he can get regular games.

Can only see him being a bit-part player this season with Carrick and Anderson getting back to form.

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:42 AM
History

Was a greedy bastard and should of played macheda in.
Played a good ball to the wing.
Was a greedy bastard again trying a volley from a wierd angle, but luckily fell to berbatov.

'Bout it really

Unread 27-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Menace

"Shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot".

Closed Thread