United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-04-2011, 07:52 PM
borsuk

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Disagree completely. Didn't look like scoring until we went with 2 up front. To suggest otherwise is just silly.
we had some very good chances in the first half even if we clearly lacked a proper finisher until pea came on. pea made a big difference, of course he did, as did berbatov, but i don't think it was a poor team selection that put us in the position we were in. i think that's just hindsight talking.

toni back and playing like that, rooney hitting form, nani rested, pea just getting better and better, park, anderson and rio back... looking

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Neo

Thumbs up Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Great news that Rio is back in training. At last.

I'm still shocked that Vidic managed to complete the full 90 today. I though he was nailed on for a red after he picked up that booking in the first half. It will be such a boost to have the Rio/Vidic partnership back for the run-in.

Smalling has been brilliant, and I love watching his Franz Smallingbauer bursts forward from the back, but Rio's experience will be a huge plus for these big games coming up.

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
although presumably this opinion is also open to some revision
Well, by you, yes, but 95% of United fans I speak to say our midfield isn't too good atm.

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM
wee man

Thumbs up Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Great news that Rio is back in training. At last.

I'm still shocked that Vidic managed to complete the full 90 today. I though he was nailed on for a red after he picked up that booking in the first half. It will be such a boost to have the Rio/Vidic partnership back for the run-in.

Smalling has been brilliant, and I love watching his Franz Smallingbauer bursts forward from the back, but Rio's experience will be a huge plus for these big games coming up.

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
:shakehead: FFS
What?

He clearly has been, to say otherwise is utter delusion.

It's interesting that Fergie has said we are after 2-3 new players and they will be 'fulfilled', something he has hasn't said in recent years, despite your denials. He has usually been saying "We may add a player if they become available but I'm happy with the squad as it is".

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Is exactly what I was going to say.

£#%&!s sake MUFFERS get a grip man.
Yeah mate, Park is well shit isn't he and you're better than him, despite being brilliant today and proving we've missed him.

Get a grip.

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah mate, Park is well shit isn't he and you're better than him, despite being brilliant today and proving we've missed him.

Get a grip.
What on earth are you wobbling on about?

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
What?

He clearly has been, to say otherwise is utter delusion.

It's interesting that Fergie has said we are after 2-3 new players and they will be 'fulfilled', something he has hasn't said in recent years, despite your denials. He has usually been saying "We may add a player if they become available but I'm happy with the squad as it is".
Comical £#%&!ing ali at it again :ffs:

Because what YOU want to happen hasn't happened recently it is all because Fergie's hands are tied, and now there is a chance that what YOU want to happen might occur it is because he is off his leash. And all of this is part of Fergie covering up for the Glazer's.

£#%&!ing hell, leave it alone. There are countless £#%&!ing good reasons why we haven't gone to town buying players quite aside from the money situation, footballing reasons, the fact you refuse to acknowledge or accept these reasons because you WANT to blame the lack of money for the non-fulfilling of your transfer desires is what is truly delusional.

I imagine you watch the games with a homemade tinfoil hat on incase the Glazers are stealing and selling your brain waves or some shit.

Unread 02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
wiganste

Even at 2-0 down, I was quite pleased at how we played. And the comeback was pure Manchester United. I'm not quite sure we could have played any better with a load of expensive world stars in our team today.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. We're going to win the league with an 'average' midfield. We'll be frightening when we strengthen (or give youth a chance - but we don't ever do that )

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
this is £#%&!ing frigthenening. carry on like this over the next 2 weeks and we'll end this season with £#%&! all.
And we could all have blamed your new avatar, had the score stayed the same as when you wrote that

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Hopskipjump

that luiz has been shite....game raising @#%&!.....grrrrrrrrrrrr

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Rooney should be subbed at half time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Rooney looks so uninterested.. Should have been taken off at half time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
£#%&! off rooney
What? What? £#%&!ing what?

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Rhodzy

He was pretty hopeless before that free kick tbh.

Unread 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM
dunk

WAAAZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Quote:

True.

Unread 02-04-2011, 10:45 PM
red in cumbria

Went out about 1230 - wasn't exactly optimistic about the team SAF put out, as my post early in this thread indicates

This thread was an entertaining read when I got back

Today really does have the feel of Everton away in 2006/07 or Spurs at home in 2008/09 - a true "No Pasaran!" moment

Berbs

(yes Daniel Taylor, he is finished at United, you stupid @#%&! )

Unread 02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Disagree completely. Didn't look like scoring until we went with 2 up front. To suggest otherwise is just silly.
Totally agree.

Before anyone gets giddy, I'm not talking about Borsers here - I find it hilarious that there's certain people on here that are giving it "We weren't that bad before we scored.I dont know why there was so many moaning" in the usual top-Red revised way. It was shambolic before the changes were made - end of story.Yes, we had a bit of the ball in some good positions but the whole sum of that added up to one shot (and 1 header) on target ffs.You'd think we'd struck posts and bars and had shots belted off the line in the first half the way some are carrying on. From what I saw, in my opinion, we had a team that was shapeless, a striker that was isolated and not getting a sniff, players not being able to hold on to or control a ball and certain players looking like there wasn't much to be to rushed by.The game was going past Giblet and Carrick. Then we made the correct changes (i.e bringing another forward or two on) and the rest was sublime.

And our defending was bizarre during that period too.A shambles.

I bet 99% of United fans were totally seeing their arses at 2-0.And rightly so.West Ham ffs.

Quote:
Well, by you, yes, but 95% of United fans I speak to say our midfield isn't too good atm.
It's clearly under-par.

Unread 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
dunk

%@#$&!s magic.

Westam got an early goal which enabled them to post 9-10 men behind the ball. United worked them all over the pitch from the off, they kept their shape well, ran their %@#$&!s off and put their bodies on the line, and had to, just to stay at 2-0.

The proof is that they were all absolutely £#%&!ed after half time and it was only a matter of time because they couldn't keep up the work they had had to put in to keep us at bay in the 1st half. The changes we made helped us exploit the tiredness.

2 or 3 huge dropped %@#$&!s aside, it was £#%&!ing absurd that we were 2-0 down, United were good and without those errors probably would've run out comfortable winners far earlier.

Shithouse display showing a lack of experience and composure from you tbh.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Baron

I'm £#%&!ing hammered, what a day!!!!

Get the £#%&!ing £#%&! in! Winning THAT, a nonsense, Gibbo was a passenger but how good was Carrick 2nd half, Giggsy you are a bigger nonsense! Taking on then whole left side on your tod at 37, £#%&!off!!!

19!!!!!

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
That simply isn't true.

He was (as he always is) involved in all our best attacking moments before his first goal.
His importance to the side (even when not at his best) is often overlooked post-'Transfer Saga'
He's the first name on the teamsheet for so many reasons.
..His penalty was outstanding. Cantona'esque in it's coolness & confidence.

His performances since the turn of the year have been generally excellent - big game player, with goals against City, Chelsea & Arsenal.
Hat-trick today in a crucial away fixture.

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
magic_cantona

Talking Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
%@#$&!s magic.

Westam got an early goal which enabled them to post 9-10 men behind the ball. United worked them all over the pitch from the off, they kept their shape well, ran their %@#$&!s off and put their bodies on the line, and had to, just to stay at 2-0.

The proof is that they were all absolutely £#%&!ed after half time and it was only a matter of time because they couldn't keep up the work they had had to put in to keep us at bay in the 1st half. The changes we made helped us exploit the tiredness.

2 or 3 huge dropped %@#$&!s aside, it was £#%&!ing absurd that we were 2-0 down, United were good and without those errors probably would've run out comfortable winners far earlier.

Shithouse display showing a lack of experience and composure from you tbh.
Dunk, do you work in PR?

I've not spoken to one person that hasn't had it down totally different to you, love.But there you go, it's all opinions.And you're obviously pissed.Still