United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Sloppy

Default Tevez ponders retirement

BUENOS AIRES - Disappointment at losing his first choice place for Argentina and exhaustion have led Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez - formely of West Ham and Manchester United - to consider retirement after the World Cup, despite being only 25, usually a peak age in a footballer's career.

"My chance passed. I had my possibility and I couldn't take advantage of it. When the team needed goals I couldn't provide them," Tevez said.
"So it's logical that other lads should be in front of me," he added of players like Gonzalo Higuain, now coach Diego Maradona's first choice as central striker.

Tevez, speaking to Argentine reporters in Madrid where Maradona's team face Spain in a friendly on Saturday, said retirement had crossed his mind.
"It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with Manchester City) until 2014," he said.
"I'm a bit tired of so much football, so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."

Tevez has been very successful already, being voted South American footballer of the year three times in a row, winning the Libertadores Cup and the world club title with Boca in 2003, the Brazilian league title with Corinthians in 2005 and an Olympic gold medal with Argentina in 2004.
In England, he helped West Ham avoid relegation in 2007 and Manchester United lift two Premier League titles and be crowned European and world club champions last year.

Tevez, who last month said he sometimes wanted to quit the national team, added that he got fed up with criticism of Maradona's side as they struggled in the World Cup qualifiers.
"We were criticised a lot, sometimes rightly so, but to have people say we didn't play well because of the money or we don't love the (Argentina) shirt, don't sing the national anthem, there's a lot of ill will," Tevez said.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/southame...0/default.aspx

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:17 PM
toseeunited

Default Re: Tevez ponders retirement

knew it wouldn't take long for that "this is how it feels to be city" feeling to sink in

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Spiffy

Didn't he say something similar when he joined us? I'm sure he planned to finish at 28 or something. I'd laugh my %@#$&!s off if he retires after the World Cup after City paid £650 billion for him.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Coracao

What an absolute mard arsed @#%&! he is.

Loses his place, so starts crying to the press. Where have we seen that before?

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
BUENOS AIRES - Disappointment at losing his first choice place for Argentina and exhaustion have led Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez - formely of West Ham and Manchester United - to consider retirement after the World Cup, despite being only 25, usually a peak age in a footballer's career.

"My chance passed. I had my possibility and I couldn't take advantage of it. When the team needed goals I couldn't provide them," Tevez said.
"So it's logical that other lads should be in front of me," he added of players like Gonzalo Higuain, now coach Diego Maradona's first choice as central striker.

Tevez, speaking to Argentine reporters in Madrid where Maradona's team face Spain in a friendly on Saturday, said retirement had crossed his mind.
"It's complicated, there's my family, the desire to return to Boca Juniors, but I think about it. It crosses my mind to hang up my boots if we win the World Cup, although I have a contract (with Manchester City) until 2014," he said.
"I'm a bit tired of so much football, so much football. I want to enjoy my family a bit. I'm very keen to stop and get a bit of calm. I've already won a lot. Living for football has saturated me."

Tevez has been very successful already, being voted South American footballer of the year three times in a row, winning the Libertadores Cup and the world club title with Boca in 2003, the Brazilian league title with Corinthians in 2005 and an Olympic gold medal with Argentina in 2004.
In England, he helped West Ham avoid relegation in 2007 and Manchester United lift two Premier League titles and be crowned European and world club champions last year.

Tevez, who last month said he sometimes wanted to quit the national team, added that he got fed up with criticism of Maradona's side as they struggled in the World Cup qualifiers.
"We were criticised a lot, sometimes rightly so, but to have people say we didn't play well because of the money or we don't love the (Argentina) shirt, don't sing the national anthem, there's a lot of ill will," Tevez said.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/southame...0/default.aspx
i thought the @#%&! was moaning all summer he wasn't getting enough games?

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i thought the @#%&! was moaning all summer he wasn't getting enough games?
City's European campaign is obviously taking it out of him.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:24 PM
sudored

Judas @#%&! I hope his £#%&!ing head falls off.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:24 PM
BarryX

mercenary @#%&! hahaha. £#%&! him.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Grimson

As a River fan, I used to dread him going back to Boca. Now I can't wait. He'll start moaning once he's back there, too.

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
:-(

only city
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum...147828&start=0

Unread 13-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Sloane

if you care for your family that much you dont do the things he does

Unread 13-11-2009, 08:42 PM
plopborsky

Regardless of whether this article is true or not he is probably my most hated City player ever(and I don't hate many btw).He only came to City as a last resort because nobody else was willing to pay the stupid money we have ended up paying for him.He was desperate to sign for the rags ahead of us and anyone who denies that is only kidding themselves.How did he ever get hmself into the whole Kia situation and end up at West ham in the first palce?At a guess I would say because he was happy to just chase the money.All that %@#$&!s of saying sorry to West Ham fans when he scored against them was pass the sick bucket stuff.I'm not saying he has to celebrate or rub their noses in it but the way he carried on you would think he was Bobby Moore not someone who'd been on loan a few months.The love in he had with the utd fans as he tried to get his move to utd was also cringeworthy.Then after finally signing for us he was still saying he had this bond with rag fans that could never be broken.Er get a grip you thick @#%&! you've just signed for City,you've just broke it.

If I actually rated him as a player being the fickle football fan that most of us are,although some more than others,I could probably forgive most of the above.The fact I think he is very average and he seemingly has a devine right to start currently to the detriment of the team makes him even more annoying.If we wree shit like we used to be and didn't have topclass players either playing out of position or sat on the bench to accommodate Dickov the 2nd I wouldn't wish a bad injury on him either.

£#%&! me a city fan talking sense

Unread 13-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Pop

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Zorg

Welcome to Tevez indeed. What a £#%&!ing £#%&!er.

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:09 PM
dunk

Hope he does an Adriano

I wonder if he would be behaving like this if Kia had never got involved with him.

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:11 PM
borsuk

i blame fergie

Unread 13-11-2009, 09:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i blame fergie
Well if you don't, marlo and jem will

Unread 13-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
haha

Unread 13-11-2009, 10:07 PM
wiganste

It would have been a better thread if it said "Tevez ponders suicide"

Unread 13-11-2009, 10:21 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It would have been a better thread if it said "Tevez ponders suicide"
Yeah that and "Thatcher really is dead" and I could of broke out the cigars I've been saving for xmas.
Closed Thread