United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Sparky***

Default Ref Rob Styles has been banned, that's what you get for daring to make a bad call at Anfield..

.. What's the difference between that yesterday and the hundreds of other completely inept decisions that happen on the weekend?

FFS.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:01 PM
red red robbo

Link?

Quotes?

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Link?

Quotes?
SSN now. him and that lino from fulham have been dropped.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:03 PM
red red robbo

Graham Poll was on R5 this morning and said he would probably take a week off but unlikely to actually be dropped.

chorleyred

good, there's been far too many bad calls already this season

Whalefish

Good, they £#%&!ed up. A shambles.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:08 PM
King Schlong

The @#%&! deserves £#%&!ing off.

It is by far the worst penalty decision i've seen in £#%&!ing years, and if it had happened to us we'd be spitting £#%&!ing feathers, and calling for him and all his family to be run over by a bus.

Rightly so too.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:10 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
The @#%&! deserves £#%&!ing off.

It is by far the worst penalty decision i've seen in £#%&!ing years, and if it had happened to us we'd be spitting £#%&!ing feathers, and calling for him and all his family to be run over by a bus.

Rightly so too.
Yeah, but it happened against the dippers, so really it is funny as £#%&!

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Good, they £#%&!ed up. A shambles.
true

Quote:
truer

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:14 PM
King Schlong

Thumbs up

Quote:
It was £#%&!ing funny. I've got to agree with that.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:18 PM
The Return of JC

The worst part is he declined an interview with Sky.

So, not only does he see a penalty that no other person saw, lies about only booking Terry but he doesn't even have the guts to come out and explain his actions in a 90 second interview.

#@&%!.

I'm glad he's been punished. Refs need to be more accountable for their decisions. It's bad enough that we can't even criticise them.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
The worst part is he declined an interview with Sky.

So, not only does he see a penalty that no other person saw, lies about only booking Terry but he doesn't even have the guts to come out and explain his actions in a 90 second interview.

#@&%!.

I'm glad he's been punished. Refs need to be more accountable for their decisions. It's bad enough that we can't even criticise them.
Are they allowed to explain? i thought there was a rule.
Anyway he was a £#%&!ing shambles and is obviously not up to it. Can anyone imagine something like this happening 20 years ago? I mean, some refs were @#%&!s then but at least they seemed like they had things under control.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:27 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Are they allowed to explain? i thought there was a rule.
Anyway he was a £#%&!ing shambles and is obviously not up to it. Can anyone imagine something like this happening 20 years ago? I mean, some refs were @#%&!s then but at least they seemed like they had things under control.
Quite a lot of them come out to explain their decisions. IN fact, he's done it before.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Sparky***

I'm not denying he £#%&!ed up, but what sets this abysmal decision apart from that of the dozens and dozens of other complete balls-ups by refs every week?

What, does it have to be on Sky and denounced by messrs Gray and Redknapp to be given the proper attention? Or was it simply that it was against the media darlings?

I mean, if we banned every ref who made shit decisions against us then David Elleray's performance at Anfield 1999 would have seen him never ref a game again.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:31 PM
violater

did he give essien two yellow cards yesterday?

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:34 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
did he give essien two yellow cards yesterday?
He booked Terry in front of Terry's face and then as Essien complained he handed the ball to Torres and flashed his card (that was still in his hand from the Terry booking) at the already cautioned Essien.

Essien's hands went to his head as if he thought he'd been sent off but no red card was shown so he shadily walked away.

Style apparently told the fourth official that he had only booked Terry, but why did he show the card twice. I think he made a mistake and didn't realise he'd booked Essien and then tried to get out of it.

Weasel.

Unread 20-08-2007, 12:49 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
. I think he made a mistake and didn't realise he'd booked Essien and then tried to get out of it.

Weasel.
No doubt. Also, why wasn't Terry sent off for doing exactly the same as Ronaldo on Weds?

Unread 20-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He was just dropped for a week don't think he's been banned.

Unread 20-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Smeggs

justice done for the murdering @#%&!s.

styles gave the pen for gerrards dive v sheff utd on the 1st day of last season. it all evens itself out......

as for benetiz moaning on, like his side have never got a lucky decision in thier favour.

Unread 20-08-2007, 01:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
I'm not denying he £#%&!ed up, but what sets this abysmal decision apart from that of the dozens and dozens of other complete balls-ups by refs every week?

What, does it have to be on Sky and denounced by messrs Gray and Redknapp to be given the proper attention? Or was it simply that it was against the media darlings?

I mean, if we banned every ref who made shit decisions against us then David Elleray's performance at Anfield 1999 would have seen him never ref a game again.

Agreed.

In refference to SKY/media attention, yes of course the FA/disciplinary panels etc.. only act if Andy Gray & co. are up in arms about it. That's the reason we get £#%&! all off refs.
Fact.

It was a bad decision yesterday, although it was very very funny.

Coming at it from another angle, can we take a moment to imagine the state of Talkshite/SSNews/tabloid backpages today had Ronaldo done what Mallouda did yesterday??
If Ronnie had thrown himself into the back of a defender to in identical fashion??

I think we all know the answer
Closed Thread