United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agreed.

In refference to SKY/media attention, yes of course the FA/disciplinary panels etc.. only act if Andy Gray & co. are up in arms about it. That's the reason we get £#%&! all off refs.
Fact.

It was a bad decision yesterday, although it was very very funny.

Coming at it from another angle, can we take a moment to imagine the state of Talkshite/SSNews/tabloid backpages today had Ronaldo done what Mallouda did yesterday??
If Ronnie had thrown himself into the back of a defender to in identical fashion??

I think we all know the answer

That's what I mean. Any little dodgy decision we get, especially if it involves Ronaldo, is completely over-analysed and blown out of all proportion by the xenophobic, jingoistic tossbags that are our media. Therefore, it would seem to me that these refs go out of their way to prove to everyone, "see look at me, I won't stand for Keane's/Beckham's/Cantona's/Ronaldo's antics. I'm a proper ref, me."

Contrast that then, if you will, with the almost diplomatic immunity of people like Gerrard and Terry. Gerrard, as we all know is a serial diver and general shithouse and the only reason he isn't villified like our Ronaldo is that A) He's English and B) He plays for the media darlings, Liverpool FC. John Terry now has the England captain's armband, and as we know from watching Mr A Shearer , that gives you licence to pretty much do whatever the £#%&! you like with zero repercussions.

Unread 20-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Kent Brockman

It was a news item on the BBC lunchtime news today, about Liverpool getting a dodgy penalty awarded against them.

FOR £#%&!S SAKE IT WAS ACTUALLY A MAIN NEWS ITEM!!!!

Why does the whole nation feel that they must join in with this shit over how those shower of bastards are being hard done by? My stomach was actually turning as I watched this sanctimonious playing the victim crap. The BBC really are obsessed with them, aren't they?

Unread 20-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Coming at it from another angle, can we take a moment to imagine the state of Talkshite/SSNews/tabloid backpages today had Ronaldo done what Mallouda did yesterday??

Spot on.

Why is Malouda not being questioned / castigated for his clear simulation?

Answers on a postcard to Roman Abramovich, c/o Skysports.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Spot on.

Why is Malouda not being questioned / castigated for his clear simulation?

Answers on a postcard to Roman Abramovich, c/o Skysports.
Because Malouda wasn't diving for a penalty. He didn't appeal for one, nor did Drogba. In fact no chelsea player appealed. IMHO Malouda was jumping over the ball to let it run to Drogba - which in fact did happen before the whistle went.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:22 PM
MUFC One Love

Things are different with us because we are Manchester United, the biggest club in the land and one of the biggest in Europe, we are headline news.

FACT.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Things are different with us because we are Manchester United, the biggest club in the land and one of the biggest in Europe, we are headline news.

FACT.
We're talking about the scousers making headlines. Keep up.

Unread 20-08-2007, 06:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever
We're talking about the scousers making headlines. Keep up.
I have kept up, people are going on about how it would have been different if it was, like different views and different highlighting of aspects of incidents with United. We're treated differently.
Closed Thread