United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:22 AM
Mr_Ed

Football Up there - North of the wall

Slippy G appears to be doing good things with Rangers... 16 points clear with 3 games in hand. They meet this weekend (I think).

Now.. for the forum this may present some questions... be it sectarianism, scouseism or scottism. This thread attempts to reach outside of that and ask... after 9 titles on the bounce, will Celtic's reign come to an end this season? Neil Lennon does appear to be a bit shite and be suffering from lack of investment in a team that has won 9 on the bounce - every empire crumbles.

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:24 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Slippy G appears to be doing good things with Rangers... 16 points clear with 3 games in hand. They meet this weekend (I think).

Now.. for the forum this may present some questions... be it sectarianism, scouseism or scottism. This thread attempts to reach outside of that and ask... after 9 titles on the bounce, will Celtic's reign come to an end this season? Neil Lennon does appear to be a bit shite and be suffering from lack of investment in a team that has won 9 on the bounce - every empire crumbles.
Who cares?

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:28 AM
est.1878

Hate the misplaced extensive coverage of Scottish football more than the same thing for women's football

Awful clubs in an awful league. Bin :ears:

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:31 AM
red in cumbria

Looks like nine in a row if the best anybody can do.

Yeah, just nine in a row. On three occasions now

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:36 AM
Arnold Muhren

I’m half Scottish on my old mans side and the way they bang on about the SPL in the family whatsapp sports group is ridiculous, “ooh, who do you fancy in the Ross County v Kilmarnock game this weekend?” like it’s actually worth a £#%&!. It’s worse that one of them played up front for Gretna when they were half decent years ago, never shuts up about it. Pub team football outside the top 5 or 6 sides and that’s being generous.

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:45 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Who cares?
Yeah sorry.. maybe if I’d posted it in graph form you miserable #@&%!.

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:48 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Yeah sorry.. maybe if I’d posted it in graph form you miserable #@&%!.
No need to do that. Just explain why anyone could give a £#%&! about a shite League with a @#%&! of a manager who everyone hates, because he's a @#%&!.

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:53 AM
armchair

Quote:
No need to do that. Just explain why anyone could give a £#%&! about a shite League with a @#%&! of a manager who everyone hates, because he's a @#%&!.
Nice one. Saying '@#%&!' twice makes you seem anti-establishment when that is the exactly what you are.

Unread 31-12-2020, 12:59 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Nice one. Saying '@#%&!' twice makes you seem anti-establishment when that is the exactly what you are.
Do you disagree with my profane statements?

Just to clarify, I'm anti establishment?

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:01 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Well... erm... Umm... a football forum.
A forum where we talk about football.
Within the sphere of football a team who have won 9 leagues in the row may not win the league again.
Within that same sphere a player who we hated has a chance of winning the league compared with other players similar (Lampard) who maybe won't win the league.

Yes, nothing to talk about here.

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:03 AM
measlyshark

Quote:
Well... erm... Umm... a football forum.
A forum where we talk about football.
Within the sphere of football a team who have won 9 leagues in the row may not win the league again.
Within that same sphere a player who we hated has a chance of winning the league compared with other players similar (Lampard) who maybe won't win the league.

Yes, nothing to talk about here.
Don't give him the time or thought. Not worth it

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:03 AM
Drexl

I must admit, my heart melted towards the slope headed slippy footed phil colins loving #@&%! when I saw how kindly he treated a disabled child of my mrs's friend

he did himself proud

EDIT and made the lad's life

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:20 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Quote:
Do you disagree with my profane statements?

Just to clarify, I'm anti establishment?
I should've said:

Quote:
Nice one. Saying '@#%&!' twice makes you seem anti-establishment when the establishment is exactly who you are.
Thanks for allowing me clear that up.

btw, the little gains you are making in your life now won't even last 5 years, You will be in a camp before me. It's always the way.

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:26 AM
Switching Off

Hope he wins the league. Klopp will leave soon enough and getting him in would be ideal.

Unread 31-12-2020, 01:31 AM
Mr_Ed

If he did, and it's a big if. Would he have more kudos than Ole winning the Norwegian title?

Unread 31-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Celtic have 3 games in hand.

If Gerrard stops 10 in a row, which looked like an absolute tap in for Celtic given how they coasted the last few, he’s going to be a club legend there odd to think.

Unread 31-12-2020, 03:29 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Celtic have 3 games in hand.

If Gerrard stops 10 in a row, which looked like an absolute tap in for Celtic given how they coasted the last few, he’s going to be a club legend there odd to think.
It'll probably be enough to get him a decent mid-table job in the premiership.

And if he makes a decent fist of that then he'll have the pick of clubs - lets hope he isn't too dogmatic about his future employers.

Unread 31-12-2020, 08:24 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Hate the misplaced extensive coverage of Scottish football more than the same thing for women's football:
Steady on. At least I don’t click baited into thinking there was a big game and finding out it was a bloody wimmins “match”. Guardian are always at it

Unread 31-12-2020, 09:16 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
I’m half Scottish on my old mans side and the way they bang on about the SPL in the family whatsapp sports group is ridiculous, “ooh, who do you fancy in the Ross County v Kilmarnock game this weekend?” like it’s actually worth a ****. It’s worse that one of them played up front for Gretna when they were half decent years ago, never shuts up about it. Pub team football outside the top 5 or 6 sides and that’s being generous.
Wasn't Kenny Deuchar was it?

Unread 31-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Arnold Muhren

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Wasn't Kenny Deuchar was it?
That’s him, married to my cousin.
Closed Thread