United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2020, 10:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Would they make any dough out of such a channel?
they could if their content is good and daily. I doubt it though looking at that promo.

Goldbridge before the league stopped was making easily 200k a year with donations and ad views but he uploads 2 videos a day and steams every united game ( just him watching it with 1000's of people watching him watch the game... )

Unread 07-06-2020, 09:14 PM
Seamus

Fair play to goldbridge he has turned it into a living. I doubt O’Neill will have the patience for it to last 6 months.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:04 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:19 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
it's a no from me

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:20 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
it's a no from me
Each to their own right. Let's not slag it off right. Let's discuss it right.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:23 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Each to their own right. Let's not slag it off right. Let's discuss it right.

without sounding like a snob, they're just not eloquent or intelligent enough for this type of thing.

i'd love to hear their stories on supporting united over the years, but this sort of stuff is beyond them.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:31 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

without sounding like a snob, they're just not eloquent or intelligent enough for this type of thing.

i'd love to hear their stories on supporting united over the years, but this sort of stuff is beyond them.
I enjoyed it to be fair. Despite what Ears says they're both good lads who you see all over the country and are always very approachable. They've both been there, seen it and bought the tshirt. Would rather listen to that over any of the other fan channels, although that's not the highest of compliments granted.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:32 PM
ScarFace

Whatever happened to the fat lad who sings from RI ? I would have thought he'd be all over these kinda channels.

Is he dead?

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:35 PM
suedeshoes

"Football's getting nearer".
"It is, it's getting nearer".
"Football's getting near".
"It's getting nearer".
"Everything's changed".
"Everything's changed".
"It's all changing".
"It's changed".
"I've changed".
"You've changed".
"It's all changed".

Turned off.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:35 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Whatever happened to the fat lad who sings from RI ? I would have thought he'd be all over these kinda channels.

Is he dead?
Boylie? Not so fat anymore tbh. Sits in the family stand with his kids nowadays. Embarrased himself a bit with the J Stand debacle but still see him at most aways.

Unread 08-06-2020, 04:36 PM
no fun

I prefer to listen to scientists talking about covid 19, and bucket head about running the ICF down the Mile End rd

Unread 08-06-2020, 05:02 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I prefer to listen to scientists talking about covid 19, and bucket head about running the ICF down the Mile End rd
football changed years ago for me.

i remember from being 11-21ish, football being more gritty and real (and i am youngster compared to a lot on here...)

it was lads (and a few wimmin), different characters going around the country supporting united and it being a proper real, visceral experience. i remember my first games - surrounded by some proper characters, double demin'd up and looking like slade rejects... it was bonkers and an electic mix of people from different backgrounds... lads from swinton, moston, eccles, miles platting... all decent and die hard.

when i still went, towards the tail end it was your £#%&!ing nerd types like goldbridge - all the charm and charisma of a £#%&!ing insurance office temp.... where i used to regularly sit it became less and less of the old guard, and more people who looked like there were off down deansgate locks off the game... the final straw for me was some bloke and his missus coming in to the ground just after kick off with £#%&!ing shopping bags and leaving before the end because she was bored (didn't blame her on that one...)

my point is, i'd like to here more of the old stuff about united, from lads like O'Neil and even Boyle, but they're getting swamped by gimps (the latter group in my point) with money and the knack of knowing how to appeal to the social media generation. they're identikit - i couldn't tell them apart and it's paint by numbers, just add water content for the insta generation.

each to their, but i think these two would do better to cater to the people who miss the old days and not the brap-brap ADHD generation.

IMO.

That post shouldn't have taken that long to type and articulate, to be fair...

Unread 08-06-2020, 05:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
"Football's getting nearer".
"It is, it's getting nearer".
"Football's getting near".
"It's getting nearer".
"Everything's changed".
"Everything's changed".
"It's all changing".
"It's changed".
"I've changed".
"You've changed".
"It's all changed".

Turned off.
Thought this was a parody, preferred it that way.

Unread 08-06-2020, 05:14 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

Agree with this apart from not giving a £#%&! about their stories.

Their audience will be the lads that go a few games a season that want to differentiate themselves from the Goldbridge crowd. #Properreds

Unread 08-06-2020, 07:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
football changed years ago for me.

i remember from being 11-21ish, football being more gritty and real (and i am youngster compared to a lot on here...)

it was lads (and a few wimmin), different characters going around the country supporting united and it being a proper real, visceral experience. i remember my first games - surrounded by some proper characters, double demin'd up and looking like slade rejects... it was bonkers and an electic mix of people from different backgrounds... lads from swinton, moston, eccles, miles platting... all decent and die hard.

when i still went, towards the tail end it was your £#%&!ing nerd types like goldbridge - all the charm and charisma of a £#%&!ing insurance office temp.... where i used to regularly sit it became less and less of the old guard, and more people who looked like there were off down deansgate locks off the game... the final straw for me was some bloke and his missus coming in to the ground just after kick off with £#%&!ing shopping bags and leaving before the end because she was bored (didn't blame her on that one...)

my point is, i'd like to here more of the old stuff about united, from lads like O'Neil and even Boyle, but they're getting swamped by gimps (the latter group in my point) with money and the knack of knowing how to appeal to the social media generation. they're identikit - i couldn't tell them apart and it's paint by numbers, just add water content for the insta generation.

each to their, but i think these two would do better to cater to the people who miss the old days and not the brap-brap ADHD generation.

IMO.

That post shouldn't have taken that long to type and articulate, to be fair...
Lad

Don’t know this webby lad, but know O’N on nodding terms from the garden city, and I think he has the nous to know that nobody is really that interested in what he has to say about Utd plc or even his view on team performance, but there would be an audience for tales of kicking £#%&! out of stoke in town

....but I don’t think he can revisit those days due to the role he now has a Hotel Football

Unread 08-06-2020, 08:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Boylie? Not so fat anymore tbh. Sits in the family stand with his kids nowadays. Embarrased himself a bit with the J Stand debacle but still see him at most aways.
Has he stopped doing music/videos etc?
What did he do to embarras himself?

Yes i remember he lost weight before this place started.

Unread 08-06-2020, 08:32 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Lad

Don’t know this webby lad, but know O’N on nodding terms from the garden city, and I think he has the nous to know that nobody is really that interested in what he has to say about Utd plc or even his view on team performance, but there would be an audience for tales of kicking £#%&! out of stoke in town

....but I don’t think he can revisit those days due to the role he now has a Hotel Football
Yep, will be that unfortunately- these are all gonna be pretty PC aren’t they.

Speaking of tales of kicking £#%&! out of people- this arrived today:

Wonder if Sparky gets a mention?

Unread 08-06-2020, 09:04 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Lad

Don’t know either but I remember seeing webby all over the shop in the 80’s and 90’s. Defo in the naughty corner but not front line like TON. I can remember seeing him in a club blazer and saying ‘wtaf?’ to him - turned out he worked in security with Ned for a bit and that got him access to players and trip abroad etc.

Proper lives and breathes united and has always come across really well to me.

Unread 09-06-2020, 06:05 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I enjoyed it to be fair. Despite what Ears says they're both good lads who you see all over the country and are always very approachable. They've both been there, seen it and bought the tshirt. Would rather listen to that over any of the other fan channels, although that's not the highest of compliments granted.
Ones a grass, the other is a talking potato.

Unread 09-06-2020, 08:43 AM
MUFC One Love

I don't bother with any United related internet fan content other than I sometimes listen to the United We Stand podcast which is just sound lads talking like most sound reds do, if they have a different opinion they actually back it up.

I still get the fanzine too, I miss Red Issue and their take on the club but I find UWS gets the line right between being critical and being positive about the club.
Closed Thread