United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2020, 01:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Got a lot more out of them ? As a reminder, as I think we may have entered a parallel universe.

Falcao
Blind
Rojo
Di Maria
Herrera
Shaw
Valdes
Schweinsteiger
Romero
Depay
Schneiderlin
Darmian
Martial

Not that Mourinho was much better. But i'm not sure why Mourinho is being used in defence of LVG's tenure anyway. They were both shocking.
Blind and Martial

Unread 17-05-2020, 01:21 PM
utd99

Quote:
Falcao
Blind
Rojo
Di Maria
Herrera
Shaw
Valdes
Schweinsteiger
Romero
Depay
Schneiderlin
Darmian
Martial
#Foundationreds

Unread 17-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Got a lot more out of them ? As a reminder, as I think we may have entered a parallel universe.

Falcao
Blind
Rojo
Di Maria
Herrera
Shaw
Valdes
Schweinsteiger
Romero
Depay
Schneiderlin
Darmian
Martial

Not that Mourinho was much better. But i'm not sure why Mourinho is being used in defence of LVG's tenure anyway. They were both shocking.
Only 4 bad signings there imo.

Unread 17-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Whatevs.

Unread 17-05-2020, 01:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Just contrary bantz from the usual suspects. He was out of date and out of time. The football was terrible and his act was stale.
All correct. Seemed a top bloke, just a shame about the rest.

Unread 17-05-2020, 02:48 PM
est.1878

Think we need some sort of balls out the bath definitive poll on this. Unsure of the options though.
Something like -

*right to sack, right to replace with mou
*right to sack, wrong to replace with mou
*should have had another year
*the greatest, should still be here now
*should have been DOF'd
*red wine

Unread 17-05-2020, 06:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
woodward's treatment of lvg was a disgrace.
Yeah, but that's just of a piece with his treatment of everything else. He's a snake and we all know it.

Unread 17-05-2020, 09:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Just contrary bantz from the usual suspects. He was out of date and out of time. The football was terrible and his act was stale.
Yep. His signings or perhaps more accurately, the signings that occurred during his time at united were garbage.

Unread 17-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Pancho77

All I can say is that the style of football was £#%&!ing utter boring negative turgid dogshit and that in itself is enough

Unread 17-05-2020, 09:48 PM
JamesPolk

Our managers post Fergie and Pre-Ole have been in somewhat reverse order

What United did:
1. Moyes - Out his depth shouldn´t have happened at all, they might as well have given the job to Sam Allardice and that would be similar disaster to moyes
2. Van Gaal - Even if he was past his peak he usued to be good manager for top clubs that needs to hit the reset button and go youth.
3. Mourinho - Best manager if you want get something out on pre-existing title winning/challanging squad. Getting him in after Van Gaal was mistake.

What United should have done:
1. Not hire David Moyes.
2. Hire Mourinho in summer 2013
3. Sack Mourinho in summer 2016
3. Hire Van Gaal in that summer 2016
4. Sack Van Gaal in Summer 2018
5. hire Ole in summer 2018.

Unread 17-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Indeed, and another half dozen £#%&!ing woeful ones

Unread 17-05-2020, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Norwich at home under LvG was as bad as anything we have seen under Gollum or Mou Mou or Ole.

That and other almost as horrific showings have been totally airbrushed out of history by his groupies.

Unread 18-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Pancho77

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Norwich at home under LvG was as bad as anything we have seen under Gollum or Mou Mou or Ole.

That and other almost as horrific showings have been totally airbrushed out of history by his groupies.
I think probably the worse for me was Villa at home we won 1 nil but it was absolute utter dogshit I think villa were bottom of the league and everyone was @#%&!ting them every week I think they went down that year driving home with my mate we should have been celebrating a win but we were pissed off

Unread 18-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Indeed, and another half dozen £#%&!ing woeful ones
Absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-05-2020, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho77
I think probably the worse for me was Villa at home we won 1 nil but it was absolute utter dogshit I think villa were bottom of the league and everyone was @#%&!ting them every week I think they went down that year driving home with my mate we should have been celebrating a win but we were pissed off
Tbf we were IIRC killing them for a lot of the match but missed chance after chance after chance, and towards the end we completely shit ourselves when it was still only 1-0

Unread 19-05-2020, 10:24 AM
MUFC One Love

The football under Van Gaal was the worst I have seen. Even shit teams must have loved coming to O.T.

Unread 19-05-2020, 10:36 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Absolute %@#$&!s.
There isn't a single signing on that list that made United better. Blind and Herrera did OK. Martial continues to do OK. The rest. Absolute nothingness.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:13 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
There isn't a single signing on that list that made United better. Blind and Herrera did OK. Martial continues to do OK. The rest. Absolute nothingness.
that's what happens when you sack a manager part way through a rebuild. it's a process.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:20 AM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The football under Van Gaal was the worst I have seen. Even shit teams must have loved coming to O.T.
Shows your lack of knowledge for the game. The forum Mike Bassett, have you heard of anything other than the 4-4-2 formation?

A lot of people watch football, unfortunately not a lot of people understand football.

Unread 19-05-2020, 11:35 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that's what happens when you sack a manager part way through a rebuild. it's a process.
A good builder would have bought better materials.
Closed Thread