United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:01 AM
saffers

Default FC Barcelona - more than a club? - Caught in ref paying scandal

There was a story a few weeks back about Barca paying the VP of the refs association 2m between 2016 and 2018.

Now? 7m to a single referee over 20 years. Jose Maria Negreira.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...yments-scandal

What else could come out? I told you guys some years ago that there is something very dodgy about this club. That was more in reference to certain doctors, blood spinning etc.

We mustn't also forget their "luck" in 2009, the most corrupt CL semi final performance from a referee ever. My fellow countryman....

I think this is just the start....

Unread 21-02-2023, 10:30 AM
Finport Red

Bunch of crooks. And I think one of their own took the same standards with him to other clubs too.

Welcome back btw

Unread 21-02-2023, 03:51 PM
GBMUFC2020

I`ve just watched the whole of their Cadiz game at the weekend. Cadiz were denied a perfectly good goal and a nailed on penalty.

Must still be going on then!

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:30 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
I`ve just watched the whole of their Cadiz game at the weekend. Cadiz were denied a perfectly good goal and a nailed on penalty.

Must still be going on then!
Dedicated research there pal

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:37 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Dedicated research there pal
Right at it, sat on my arse making tea for builders Watching Real Madrid now

Christensen looked rather good at centre back and I think he may replace Alonso on his performance. Balde and Fati looked very dangerous on the left but in the last 20 minutes Cadiz could have scored 3 or 4 as Barca semed to tire.

Benners News at 4 Stockport

Unread 21-02-2023, 04:39 PM
Harris

It's a disgrace!

Unread 21-02-2023, 05:13 PM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
There was a story a few weeks back about Barca paying the VP of the refs association 2m between 2016 and 2018.

What else could come out? I told you guys some years ago that there is something very dodgy about this club. That was more in reference to certain doctors, blood spinning etc.

We mustn't also forget their "luck" in 2009, the most corrupt CL semi final performance from a referee ever. My fellow countryman....

Although it was amusing at the time, that was probably the only game I've ever watched that I was 100% certain the ref was on the take. Couldn't have been more blatant.

Unread 23-02-2023, 08:53 PM
AK14

Bump.

Unread 23-02-2023, 10:06 PM
red in cumbria

Bye then

Unread 02-03-2023, 08:41 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:

Madrid fans protesting ahead of tonight`s match with Barcelona.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/angr...1ea7ee25d874e1

Unread 02-03-2023, 08:45 PM
avocado

Quote:

Pots and kettles …..

Unread 02-03-2023, 08:53 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Pots and kettles …..
Pots and kettles maybe but it still highlights the fact that Barcelona paid the company owned by the vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees for 3 years. Keep bringing it into the spotlight and eventually someone might do something.

Bent as £#%&! just like City....alledegedly of course

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Finport Red

Tell me more about the pots and the kettles.

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Danoli

Quote:

If only the fans of Premier League clubs were as outraged at (alleged ) cheating as these lads.

I’m sure Txiki and the lads were totally unaware of all this….Pep too

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
If only the fans of Premier League clubs were as outraged at (alleged ) cheating as these lads.

I’m on this bus. Can’t get over everyone being so supine. Fans, the media, other clubs. Seemingly everyone just accepting that cheating is acceptable because pep’s an impressive coach and de bruyne’s amazing at ball.

It’s cheating on an industrial scale. People might not agree with the rules but they are the rules.

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:38 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I’m on this bus. Can’t get over everyone being so supine. Fans, the media, other clubs. Seemingly everyone just accepting that cheating is acceptable because pep’s an impressive coach and de bruyne’s amazing at ball.

It’s cheating on an industrial scale. People might not agree with the rules but they are the rules.
The vast majority of people don’t understand what’s been going on, and nobody’s telling them. Probably because it’ll ruin the premier league ‘brand’.

Unread 02-03-2023, 09:40 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

I was thinking the same thing

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:15 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Tell me more about the pots and the kettles.
I wasn’t suggesting that the sins of the corrupt pots and the sins of the corrupt kettles should not be punished by the head of the household.

Quote:
Pots and kettles maybe but it still highlights the fact that Barcelona paid the company owned by the vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees for 3 years. Keep bringing it into the spotlight and eventually someone might do something.

Bent as £#%&! just like City....alledegedly of course
The initially disclosed 3 years from 2016-2018 were the thin end of the wedge. It appears they had been paying them since at least as far back as 2001. So as well as getting an additional few Premiership titles when the City case is done, we should also be getting another 2 Champions Leagues ….

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:23 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I wasn’t suggesting that the sins of the corrupt pots and the sins of the corrupt kettles should not be punished by the head of the household.

The initially disclosed 3 years from 2016-2018 were the thin end of the wedge. It appears they had been paying them since at least as far back as 2001. So as well as getting an additional few Premiership titles when the City case is done, we should also be getting another 2 Champions Leagues ….
You just didn`t want to get involved. Am I right

Unread 02-03-2023, 10:30 PM
avocado

Quote:
You just didn`t want to get involved. Am I right
Just found it ironic. A bit like I would if City moaned that Newcastle had too much money. Madrid has always enjoyed the patronage of the Spanish state, not to mention the coffers of the local authority. White is the last colour they should play in.
Closed Thread