United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-09-2023, 08:02 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
it's a touch bizarre that someone who has been first choice for us for a decade can't find gainful employment
its only bizarre if you've never seen him play

Unread 11-09-2023, 08:26 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Was the highest paid keeper in the world and he can't find a club.......typical United

Unread 11-09-2023, 09:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Either he signs for a Turkish club this week or he's unable to play until January, it's a touch bizarre that someone who has been first choice for us for a decade can't find gainful employment
It's strange but not really a surprise when you factor in that he was on 300k a week and dropped several high profile clangers last season. Our players stock has fallen so dramatically in the last few years and they're so often panned in the media, there's a perception that everyone in the squad is shit, despite us getting to two cup finals and finishing 3rd last season.

Case in point being Harry Maguire. Van Dijk has had an absolute shocker for holland and Liverpool this season but he'll escape with not a fraction of the absolute panning maguire will get for doing pretty much nothing wrong.

Unread 11-09-2023, 09:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
It's strange but not really a surprise when you factor in that he was on 300k a week and dropped several high profile clangers last season. Our players stock has fallen so dramatically in the last few years and they're so often panned in the media, there's a perception that everyone in the squad is shit, despite us getting to two cup finals and finishing 3rd last season.

Case in point being Harry Maguire. Van Dijk has had an absolute shocker for holland and Liverpool this season but he'll escape with not a fraction of the absolute panning maguire will get for doing pretty much nothing wrong.
Harry Maguire was marking England’s other CB for Ukraine’s goal. He is a disaster. He was also a little bitch about potentially leaving us in the summer.

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Harry Maguire was marking England’s other CB for Ukraine’s goal. He is a disaster. He was also a little bitch about potentially leaving us in the summer.
no, you see this is the type of shit i'm talking about he wasn't 'marking the other centre back' he was tracking the run of the striker who is behind his defensive partner who is ball watching....

The striker then missed the cut back allowing the guy who run from deep to score who has run past both "Hendo" and 100 million quid Declan Rice

I'm no fan of the £#%&!ing big lummocks but it's this kind of twisted narrative that has resulted in him becoming a £#%&!ing internet punchbag and us not being able to shift him.

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
no, you see this is the type of shit i'm talking about he wasn't 'marking the other centre back' he was tracking the run of the striker who is behind his defensive partner who is ball watching....

The striker then missed the cut back allowing the guy who run from deep to score who has run past both "Hendo" and 100 million quid Declan Rice

I'm no fan of the £#%&!ing big lummocks but it's this kind of twisted narrative that has resulted in him becoming a £#%&!ing internet punchbag and us not being able to shift him.
You've never kicked a ball in your life have you son ?

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:16 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Tbf there’s countless examples of him #@&%!ing up passing, challenging for the ball leaving space in behind, taking the ball and losing it, dallying on the ball and putting other players under pressure.

I dislike van dijk, but he was a key player when they won the champions league, premier league and fa cup. Maguire has been shite since joining and hasn’t sustain a single period of 5-10 games where you think he is and should be one half of our first team CBs.

Maguire has no defence for being here. Want to stop being an internet meme? Well he should stop doing stupid things then

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
You've never kicked a ball in your life have you son ?
Oh hold up everyone Rinus michels has logged on

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:23 PM
AK14

Quote:

Have to agree with Sparky on this one and think Capt Mags deserves a 2nd chance.

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:25 PM
silv

£#%&!ing hell sparky sticking up for other blokes with disastrous bonces shock horror

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
£#%&!ing hell sparky sticking up for other blokes with disastrous bonces shock horror

JESUS

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
jesus hell fire lad, where's this come from?

very very sad to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
Tbf there’s countless examples of him #@&%!ing up passing, challenging for the ball leaving space in behind, taking the ball and losing it, dallying on the ball and putting other players under pressure.

I dislike van dijk, but he was a key player when they won the champions league, premier league and fa cup. Maguire has been shite since joining and hasn’t sustain a single period of 5-10 games where you think he is and should be one half of our first team CBs.

Maguire has no defence for being here. Want to stop being an internet meme? Well he should stop doing stupid things then
At no point am i disputing that the man is a clumsy oaf.

BUT, we've hardly looked like a £#%&!ing solid unit even without him playing have we this season? So far trendy fan favourites mr glass varane and 'el butcher' haven't exactly covered themselves in glory. one injured as usual and the other crying off with a sore foot whilst we had to rely on johnny evans. Conceding goals all over the £#%&!ing shop.

I'm not a fan of maguire but I'll be £#%&!ed if i'll let any United player get unduly £#%&!ing slated whilst wearing a £#%&!ing england shirt such is our history in that department. Not while there's three 100 million quid players all going hiding on the pitch that day.

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:34 PM
silv

Quote:
jesus hell fire lad, where's this come from?

very very sad to see

At no point am i disputing that the man is a clumsy oaf.

BUT, we've hardly looked like a £#%&!ing solid unit even without him playing have we this season? So far trendy fan favourites mr glass varane and 'el butcher' haven't exactly covered themselves in glory. one injured as usual and the other crying off with a sore foot whilst we had to rely on johnny evans. Conceding goals all over the £#%&!ing shop.

I'm not a fan of maguire but I'll be £#%&!ed if i'll let any United player get unduly £#%&!ing slated whilst wearing a £#%&!ing england shirt such is our history in that department. Not while there's three 100 million quid players all going hiding on the pitch that day.
sorry pal, this defence of Maguire just got me riled

he’s not a united player and never has been imo

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
sorry pal, this defence of Maguire just got me riled

he’s not a united player and never has been imo
he is a united player and unless some of the £#%&!ing brittle fairies we've got for centre backs man up then we'll be seeing more of him this season.

Unread 11-09-2023, 10:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

I have a lot of time for you sparky, if ever I find myself in a black cab I always ask the driver if they post on a Manchester United football forum, and I respect your opinion on Call of Duty, cyclists in London and the ULEZ charges. But, on this one, you are wrong. Harry Maguire is a fat headed waste of space - a man who encourages players around him to be shit, a footballer so devoid of ability that it’s actually sometimes hypnotic to watch him and his clumsy attempts at playing modern ball. He is a centreback suited to teams that want to sit back for 90 minutes - the lynchpin of a team set on playing anti-football. He’d thrive at Burnley.

I watched him collide with his own partner in defence and no amount of technical analysis will change what I saw. He is a buffoon. A real Scope @#%&!.

Also, we were able to shift him, he just didn’t want to go without his big payday. That’s on us for offering him such a stupid contract in the first place.

Unread 11-09-2023, 11:45 PM
92ToBury

Difference between slab and Van Dijk is that the latter was widely regarded as best centre back in Europe one season and will get slack cut. Settee head probably still struggling with being regarded as the best centre back in his own family.

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:15 AM
Seamus

Sparky has made some good points here. As a former centre half and especially in my autumn years as a player I relied heavily on positional play and organising those around me. Rice should have been picking up the runner, its the basics of the game, he switched off and let him in, that's unforgiveable in my eyes. . The threat from Konoplya should have been closed down before he got the chance to assist Zinchenko

Unread 12-09-2023, 09:49 AM
ZiggyStardust

Poor Dave
Can't find a club to take him on and even his thread on here has gotten hijacked by Harry Maguire

Unread 12-09-2023, 10:06 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Correct. But there is a narrative to trot out, regardless of what actually happens in the game