United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2023, 08:44 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Do you honestly believe Southampton are in cahoots with Man City?
Southampton whose Director of Football is ex-City #@&%! Jason Wilcox?

I don’t rule anything out where City are concerned tbh. You’d be crazy if you did, given their track record.

Unread 07-07-2023, 08:49 AM
pedr0

Jason Wilcox is ex-City academy and now Southampton director of football. Kompany is obviously Burnley manager

since last summer, Burnley and Southampton have between them bought 4 man city academy goalkeepers for about £40m total.

if the Charles deal goes through, Southampton will have bought in total 6 city players in 12 months. Burnley, 3 plus another on loan.

it is a bit odd

Unread 07-07-2023, 09:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Nobody is saying the entire world is complicit in making city better.
You sure

Unread 07-07-2023, 09:33 AM
magic_cantona

Charlie McNeil scored 600 (was it?) goals for Citys youth - we signed him for 750k in 2020.

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
Jason Wilcox is ex-City academy and now Southampton director of football. Kompany is obviously Burnley manager

since last summer, Burnley and Southampton have between them bought 4 man city academy goalkeepers for about £40m total.

if the Charles deal goes through, Southampton will have bought in total 6 city players in 12 months. Burnley, 3 plus another on loan.

it is a bit odd
all a coincidence mate obvs

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Southampton whose Director of Football is ex-City #@&%! Jason Wilcox?

I don’t rule anything out where City are concerned tbh. You’d be crazy if you did, given their track record.
Quote:

it is a bit odd
I’m not one for conspiracy’s but yeah I agree with all this

Definitely something not quite right with it all…

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Stickman

Had no idea Jason Wilcox worked for City.

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:44 AM
marlo

Quote:

it is a bit odd
so if our ex academy director joins another club and tries to buy some of the players he knows well it can’t be anything another that collusion.

There’s no alternative that is blindly obvious.

Actually you lot win I’m wrong.
I also think ETH is up to something. Since he joined United we bought two Ajax players for nearly 150m. Dodgy.com

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so if our ex academy director joins another club and tries to buy some of the players he knows well it can’t be anything another that collusion.

I also think ETH is up to something. Since he joined United we bought two Ajax players for nearly 150m. Dodgy.com
Could argue that ETH is in collusion with Ajax and the Dutch league with all of the players he signing from them/there...

Unread 07-07-2023, 11:56 AM
pedr0

Quote:

I didn't say it was collusion.

but city generally seem to be negotiating sell-on/buy-back clauses into all these deals.

they already have an army of young players out on loan, loads more that they move around between their affiliated clubs, and, to me it seems, a growing tranche of players at non-affiliated but "friendly" clubs who they retain some kind of economic interest in.

this is all great news for Manchester city, not so great for football as a whole.

instead of clubs like Burnley and Southampton developing young players and selling them onto the big clubs for £10-£20m, it increasingly seems to be working the other way round.

Unread 07-07-2023, 01:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
I didn't say it was collusion.

but city generally seem to be negotiating sell-on/buy-back clauses into all these deals.

they already have an army of young players out on loan, loads more that they move around between their affiliated clubs, and, to me it seems, a growing tranche of players at non-affiliated but "friendly" clubs who they retain some kind of economic interest in.

this is all great news for Manchester city, not so great for football as a whole.

instead of clubs like Burnley and Southampton developing young players and selling them onto the big clubs for £10-£20m, it increasingly seems to be working the other way round.
Because like it or not city are run well.

Yes they cheated their way but they also run the club well as opposed to the amateurish way to manage to do everything.

For example city know how to move on players.
We on the other hand do everything wrong when it comes to getting rid of players. Everything.
A player has to want to leave the club before we get rid of them, most clubs flush out their flops after a couple season. We hold onto them until it’s too late to get rid or get rid of them on literally nothing
Bailly, telles , VDB will be around until they either force a move or let go for peanutS.
No one is at the club to actually be abit ruthless and shop around our flops and get them on their way.

the one manager who wanted to get rid of lots of players who were working out was sacked.
Mourinho was close to getting rid of pogba and martial. We will lose martial for nothing like we did pogba.

Quote:
Because like it or not city are run well.

Yes they cheated their way but they also run the club well as opposed to the amateurish way to manage to do everything.

For example city know how to move on players.
We on the other hand do everything wrong when it comes to getting rid of players. Everything.
A player has to want to leave the club before we get rid of them, most clubs flush out their flops after a couple season. We hold onto them until it’s too late to get rid or get rid of them on literally nothing
Lukaku and di Maria wanted out otherwise we have get renewing contracts and have them hanging around forever.
Bailly, telles , VDB will be around until they either force a move or let go for peanutS.
No one is at the club to actually be abit ruthless and shop around our flops and get them on their way.

the one manager who wanted to get rid of lots of players who were working out was sacked.
Mourinho was close to getting rid of pogba and martial. We will lose martial for nothing like we did pogba.

Unread 07-07-2023, 03:41 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:

it is a bit odd
It's more than odd it is dam-right fishy!

Unread 08-07-2023, 07:12 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Just saved an injtury time penalty to win the euro u21s , not conceded a goal in the tournament.

Unread 08-07-2023, 07:43 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
Just saved an injtury time penalty to win the euro u21s , not conceded a goal in the tournament.
Must be worth £50m now then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Must be worth £50m now then...
Cheeky bid...?

Unread 08-07-2023, 08:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
young highly rated goalkeeper who will be around the senior England set up in a few years.

Signed to the team that have won 4 of the last 5 league titles and who can afford to keep him on their books.

Anything above 5m for him in a big conspiracy apparantly. So fishy

Unread 08-07-2023, 08:31 PM
BigJim

Quote:
young highly rated goalkeeper who will be around the senior England set up in a few years.

Signed to the team that have won 4 of the last 5 league titles and who can afford to keep him on their books.

Anything above 5m for him in a big conspiracy apparantly. So fishy
Why don't you just make a single blanket post that you hate us, love everyone else, then you can have the rest of the week off.

Unread 08-07-2023, 08:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
Why don't you just make a single blanket post that you hate us, love everyone else, then you can have the rest of the week off.

Unread 08-07-2023, 09:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim
But then you would have nothing to do on here ….

Unread 13-07-2023, 03:50 AM
Chris Quayd

£30m on the back of 18 minutes of Premier League football, has to be close to a record for essentially a Championship player.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23037...league-mcatee/

Unread 25-07-2023, 04:09 PM
Baron

Cost them £10m last summer, selling for potentially £50m - 20% sell on clause for City so Soton will potentially make ~£30m.

Makes a lot more sense to do that in one season than to recruit a load of kids, have almost none of them make it & sell at the earliest chance that another club spots them for £10m-15m.

Like it or not, the game is evolving due to the sums involved.

Brentford did similar, they don't have a youth team or even reserves - just a "b" team or similar & a series of loans. It works for them, I couldn't give a £#%&! personally.

I want United to have a youth system, bring our players through & be ingrained with the United way - only the last player to really do that was Greenwood ffs.

Lots of worrying what other clubs are doing on here, we just need to get our own house in order. The club has been a mess for a decade, it's not a shock to discover things are very different to how we expect them to be if we're left so far behind off the pitch such as the loan / youth set-ups.
Closed Thread