United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:29 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
Perspective

We were 2 CMs short at the start of the season prior to injuries to Sicknote and Braveheart.

Todays team started with a cobble of crap for a midfield. Gary Neville blasting the front 3? What runs were to be made when Pereira was rolling it to their mids in his own half countless times. Fred the same.

Defensively P.Jones was a massive error. But then Axel,Rojo,Bailley all ahead of him in the queue. A 5th choice CB experiment that backfired. He had the balls to change it up.

Yes its only Sheffield United- but its a team that had bigger scalps than us this season and were supposed to be defensively sound. They shipped 3 in 7 mins. Psychologically getting anything from the way the game played out is a plus.

7 points off 4th (yes that is our short term aim) with a team of kids +injuries.

It could be better but it could be a hell of alot worse. If we stay within that 7-9pt range till Jan we have a good chance of making top 4.
I'm sure the bedwetters will be along any minute to accuse you of top redness or some such nonsense soon enough

yhgr

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You know the drill when players are taking their time to leave the pitch to run down the clock. Clap the fans. High fives all over the shop. He looked a bit perturbed. I reckon didn’t like the nature of the sub. Rashy comments would seem to concur.

Have been very open minded about Ole. Today a big step back.
Will need to see these Rashford comments. You've referred to them twice.

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Me too.

Not for me to say but others on here have been concerned previously that siders sometimes draws fairly dynamic conclusions from mere snippets. Often unrelated snippets too.

What did rashers say?

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Me too.

Not for me to say but others on here have been concerned previously that siders sometimes draws fairly dynamic conclusions from mere snippets. Often unrelated snippets too.

What did rashers say?
‘Tactics were shit pal ..’

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:41 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‘Tactics were shit pal ..’
They were tbf.

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
They were tbf.
Fact.

People forget that Ole is still learning, as most managers are. mistakes are to be expected and he hasn’t got the players to pull him out of the shit every time.

If he’s making the same mistakes with better players in the future, then we need to get shut.

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:51 PM
redredemption77

Quote:
Fact.

People forget that Ole is still learning, as most managers are. mistakes are to be expected and he hasn’t got the players to pull him out of the shit every time.

If he’s making the same mistakes with better players in the future, then we need to get shut.
This.

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Fact.

With all due respect we’re one of the biggest clubs in the world, we shouldn’t have a manager who’s learning on the job ffs

Could really help himself if he looked outside his Utd circle and brought in a top coach as this coaching setup clearly couldn’t coached themselves out of a paper bag

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:52 PM
barca99

Quote:
Fact.

So united is now a club where young managers learn the ropes?

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Quote:
Me too.

What did rashers say?
Look them up then

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:54 PM
dunk

Literally every manager is learning

About their players, about the opposition/league.

Or do no other managers make mistakes or ever lose or draw a game?

Mourinho knows it all apparently, one of the few, look how he did.

Unread 24-11-2019, 10:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Fact.

He’s been a manager for quite a while now. I’m not sure such worrying management is so easily dismissed.

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
He’s been a manager for quite a while now. I’m not sure such worrying management is so easily dismissed.
Even Fergie £#%&!ed up with formations and line ups from time to time.

If he keeps doing it, then we have a problem.

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:16 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

The goldfish on here prefer not to remember his constant tinkering where he quite often £#%&!ed up

One of my peeves of the time was his resting of players that he would end up playing anyway in order to chase a game

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
The goldfish on here prefer not to remember his constant tinkering where he quite often £#%&!ed up

One of my peeves of the time was his resting of players that he would end up playing anyway in order to chase a game
He would’ve chucked Jonah in CM today nqat.

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:35 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
He would’ve chucked Jonah in CM today nqat.
Shut up you boring c***

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
Shut up you boring c***
Who is this #@&%!?

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:44 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We’d be top 4 now if the club signed two midfielders in the summer.

We’re not that far away. Ole deserves 3 or 4 more signings before the final judgement is passed.
Nearly every club in the league can say that about being 5-10 places higher.

Unread 24-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Cream

Quote:
Me too.

What did rashers say?
Quote:
Look them up then
Confirmed.

Quote:
Who is this #@&%!?
Jonah.

Unread 25-11-2019, 12:02 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Well United performing like a disorganised mess is an ongoing issue.

It’s also just a mentality issue. Now way Fergie is making that sub against Sheffield United.