United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2019, 06:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Exactly. I'm less concerned with the finishing of chances, more with the creation of them - if Pogba doesn't stick around we have £#%&! all creativity.
If we don't create loads of chances, putting away a decent proportion of those we do becomes more important.

Unread 05-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I would say having a regular goalscorer is a bit of an issue if you want to actually compete to win things. And the forwards are part of the 'creativity' problem.
This. I don't have any faith in the forward line we have. A consistent / prolific striker needs to be on the payroll. Rashford shows no signs of banging in 25+ a seasom and don't get me started on the rest of them.

Yes, you build from the back but goals win games not defences. Look at the CL the last four seasons.

A creative midfielder and striker would get us back in the CL.

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Talk this still has legs...

Unread 05-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Frugality?! We just paid a record fee for a megacephalic grunt whose price quadrupled in fourteen months.

It's a heady cocktail of incompetence, incompetence and more incompetence that's steering the good ship United onto the rocks.
At no time since the World Cup has he been available for under 75m.

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Oh shut up.

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
At no time since the World Cup has he been available for under 75m.
The world cup started under fourteen months ago.

Unread 05-08-2019, 09:29 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Was hoping that united’s statement was a clever negotiating tactic that would see Juve capitulate before they see some actual footage of Lukaku and come to their senses. But then I remembered that this is a coveted player at a top club and not a tyre supplier or noodle brand.

I put our chances somewhere between hysterical condescending laughter and behave yourselves .

Unread 05-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The world cup started under fourteen months ago.
So he was available for 20m last May?

Personally, couldn’t care less what he cost. I care that he turns out to be a good signing that addresses a number of our issues, because the previous 600m prior to this summer didn’t address one.

Unread 05-08-2019, 10:24 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Someone to sit deeper and dictate the play would be a much better signing over an attacking midfielder imo.

Would allow Pogba to play further up the pitch and stop the need for him dropping deeper the longer games go on when we can’t create £#%&! all.

No clue who that player is though, but you’d hope a club the size of United would have people running things that do know who that player is...

Would honestly much prefer Longstaff.
Savic ......

Unread 05-08-2019, 10:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oohahhpaulmcgrath
Savic ......
Isn’t he a more attacking midfielder?

We should have been all over Fabinho.

Unread 05-08-2019, 11:02 PM
History

Quote:

https://twitter.com/_gifn/status/115...855085569?s=21

Well this has just opened the door for Di Maria to make his long awaited return.

Unread 05-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Cream

Quote:

https://twitter.com/_gifn/status/115...855085569?s=21

He'll be all over that like me on chips.

Get paid loads too. No brainer.

Unread 06-08-2019, 12:16 AM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:

Unread 06-08-2019, 03:00 AM
utd99

I can’t imagine how Lukaku and Dybala can still be at Utd and Juventus come the start of the season after everything that’s happened. Something’s going to give. Hopefully we get Eriksen and Inter step up to 70m; alternately Juve stump up the 15m to cover image rights.

He’s wearing a small childs Anderlecht kit ffs.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:17 AM
windy waffles

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Patty_b

For a player who didn't want to move, makes sense that we walked away. Shame.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:43 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He’s like a tradesman who doesn’t want to take a job so quotes 4 times his usual rate in the hope that the client says no. If they still want him he has a shitty job that he doesn’t want to do but he’s quids in.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:56 AM
TheFatGoth

Hearing it's back on...

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:57 AM
Clownbones

As frustrating as this is, we've done the right thing.

Paying anything they ask for to players that dont want to be here has killed us the last few years.

A big feature of Ole's recruitment has been getting players that want to be here. Watching the reaction of James, AWB and Dr Slab has been great to see - they're hungry and want to be here.

We cant just abandon that.

If he needed a little convincing, then fine, but we shouldn't beg and just pay whatever.

Unread 06-08-2019, 08:58 AM
AK14

Italian press still saying we’re in talks and that he’s agreed the wages but agent fees are the sticking point. Wonder if Juve pay them to get the deal done?
Closed Thread