United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-02-2023, 06:45 AM
Batey

It does not sit right with these people looking to come in. But on the plus side £#%&!ing leeches out! Whoever comes in I hope that they are there not to solely make money. More like a very expensive hobby. The city backers have shown their arrogance to the rules by sticking two fingers up to world football. Hope that the new owners take note.

Just putting it out there, Knighton! Knighton! Where are you??????

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:00 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batey
It does not sit right with these people looking to come in. But on the plus side £#%&!ing leeches out! Whoever comes in I hope that they are there not to solely make money. More like a very expensive hobby. The city backers have shown their arrogance to the rules by sticking two fingers up to world football. Hope that the new owners take note.

Just putting it out there, Knighton! Knighton! Where are you??????
Political influence and maneuvering. Possibly worse than being a bloodsucking leech. We'd a vessel for them to whitewash and promote their bullshit.

I won't ever stop loving the club, but I think I'd be pretty much done with top flight football if it happens. It's already hard to stay that emotionally invested with how stupid it's all got over the past 10-15 years.

At the very least with the Glazers it always felt as though we were being held hostage, and that the heart of the club was still there despite our @#%&! owners The support has always been overwhelmingly united in their hatred against them, and that any success under them was entirely in spite of their ownership. Tthe worst that was going to happen during successful times were that they'd take more money out of the club. As reprehensible as that is, personally I could still enjoy the on the pitch success while utterly despising the parasitic goblin £#%&!s.

If the Qatari's get their hands on the club success will soon follow nqat, they'll be pushing for every tiny bit of success they can get with the club. But for their own political aims. Red line for me that one. Can't seriously enjoy the success if I know those are the reasons for it.

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:35 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
I'd like to think that United had more moral and ethical integrity than to get into bed with such a corrupt and abusive regime. f*** the money - we are better than this.
we are. the glazers aren't.

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:36 AM
Lok

No thanks.

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:47 AM
puressence

Welcome to m16

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:53 AM
The Butcher

Can't see the rainbow reds flag lasting long.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Ethers

Grim.

After what’s come out this week, feels more important than ever to keep our moral integrity and not get involved with that lot who think money washes away all their sins

Come on Jim.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:22 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Political influence and maneuvering. Possibly worse than being a bloodsucking leech. We'd a vessel for them to whitewash and promote their bullshit.

I won't ever stop loving the club, but I think I'd be pretty much done with top flight football if it happens. It's already hard to stay that emotionally invested with how stupid it's all got over the past 10-15 years.

At the very least with the Glazers it always felt as though we were being held hostage, and that the heart of the club was still there despite our @#%&! owners The support has always been overwhelmingly united in their hatred against them, and that any success under them was entirely in spite of their ownership. Tthe worst that was going to happen during successful times were that they'd take more money out of the club. As reprehensible as that is, personally I could still enjoy the on the pitch success while utterly despising the parasitic goblin £#%&!s.

If the Qatari's get their hands on the club success will soon follow nqat, they'll be pushing for every tiny bit of success they can get with the club. But for their own political aims. Red line for me that one. Can't seriously enjoy the success if I know those are the reasons for it.
Post.

Our success under Ferie was the product of him being able to reignite a sleeping giant. We were one of the biggest clubs at the time he came and he went onto make us even bigger. Our previous success and history generated our future success. We invested what we generated. We were and still are a sustainable football club. One of the biggest on account of our endeavours.

City’s success is entirely built on black goo being pumped out of the ground. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the club itself, its history or its support. It’s support are now merely voyeurs looking in on an industrial scale sports washing exercise - and they’re all grinning like fools convincing themselves that this somehow belongs to them.

Like you the glazers have tested me more than anything but at the end of the day, they are leeches taking money from our success - they haven’t contributed a penny towards it.

Qatar come in throwing disproportionate money around and we lose most if not all of that. We will become hugely dominant - but for all the wrong reasons.

Come on big Jim.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:42 AM
BarryX

Wonder if Agent Becks has anything to do with this

With PattyB and the Rothster on this, but it does feel a bit damned if we do, damned if we don't, in terms of our ability to compete with our rivals (domestically and on the continent). The whole sport needs shaking up from top to bottom, IMO, but realistically just can't see salaries and transfer fees capped, etc., anytime soon.

So where does it leave us in a world where Real Madrid can throw 60-70 million Euro at 16 year olds and PSG can spend God knows how much per week on Mbappe's wages? Would love the club to be owned by am ethical consortium, with a true Utd fan at the helm, but would they be able to compete and get us another CL or 5??

It's all a bit but I'm United till I die.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:45 AM
Patty_b

Tin hat on here.

Government white paper on the independent regulator for football was meant to be released today wasn't it, but was pushed back on Monday.

Suddenly, and supposedly, a Qatari bid on United is now imminent.

How about that then...

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:45 AM
The Butcher

I'd take Hitler reincarnated over the glazers.

Welcome shiek.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:47 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Post.

Our success under Ferie was the product of him being able to reignite a sleeping giant. We were one of the biggest clubs at the time he came and he went onto make us even bigger. Our previous success and history generated our future success. We invested what we generated. We were and still are a sustainable football club. One of the biggest on account of our endeavours.

City’s success is entirely built on black goo being pumped out of the ground. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the club itself, its history or its support. It’s support are now merely voyeurs looking in on an industrial scale sports washing exercise - and they’re all grinning like fools convincing themselves that this somehow belongs to them.

Like you the glazers have tested me more than anything but at the end of the day, they are leeches taking money from our success - they haven’t contributed a penny towards it.

Qatar come in throwing disproportionate money around and we lose most if not all of that. We will become hugely dominant - but for all the wrong reasons.

Come on big Jim.
Good points. Qatari money would imo undermine the great work Erik is doing at the club. Feels like we’re getting better based on spirit and good management. Of course we’ve spent sizeable amounts of money as well, but Qataris take over and all well hear about it how we bought success.

Let’s it be the bitter @#%&!s eh?

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:50 AM
Pop

It'll all feel a bit 'cheat mode enabled' won't it?

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:52 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
When the other players are already using it

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:53 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
If we had to abide by FFP rules like we all expect we would it would be no different to what we've done for the last 30 years.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Grim.

After what’s come out this week, feels more important than ever to keep our moral integrity and not get involved with that lot who think money washes away all their sins

Come on Jim.
But he’s only worth a few billion…. Booooooo!!!

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:58 AM
RedNick80

I'd have thought that the recent actions of the PL actually help justify Big Jim's bid, insofar as he can buy the club and run a proper business - without danger of competition via financial doping.

If City get off then why would anyone want to invest in a club/business when its competition is rigged?

Unread 08-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Bunker Buster

£#%&! these lot, not interested in becoming a cash launderette....

Unread 08-02-2023, 09:19 AM
wiganste

Football is £#%&!ed

All billionaires are @#%&!s. Whoever buys us will be a @#%&!

Unread 08-02-2023, 09:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Football is £#%&!ed

All billionaires are @#%&!s. Whoever buys us will be a @#%&!
True, but big Jim won’t have the capacity to cheat his way for us to win like the Arabs .

Which let’s face it, as much as we hope they wouldn’t ,these guys have never been told no and will throw money at cheating the first opportunity they get.

I suppose we find out after the first year if we have any Arab sponsors
Closed Thread