United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2022, 01:44 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Garnacho is better than Antony. He needs to start.

Unread 27-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Garnacho would have to start on the left. Rashford is in form. Also Antony has bags of potential, it’s his first season, not even that, 3-4 months of premier league-ish and you’re writing him off on a teenager who has played about half a dozen times.

He has a very good left foot , is quick, isn’t a wimp and loves to drive forward and attack. Give him time to settle in, new country , culture language etc. then give him time to develop.

Personally I think he has player well for us this season. I think there is much more space for him to go, that’s a good a thing but come on, you can’t start garnacho ahead of him
Where did I wrote antony off

Garnacho is better than him though. Its not even than close.

If antony were the youth product and Garnacho the 100m signing this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Garnacho would have to start on the left. Rashford is in form. Also Antony has bags of potential, it’s his first season, not even that, 3-4 months of premier league-ish and you’re writing him off on a teenager who has played about half a dozen times.

He has a very good left foot , is quick, isn’t a wimp and loves to drive forward and attack. Give him time to settle in, new country , culture language etc. then give him time to develop.

Personally I think he has player well for us this season. I think there is much more space for him to go, that’s a good a thing but come on, you can’t start garnacho ahead of him
I think Antony will be a different animal by March/April.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Where did I wrote antony off

Garnacho is better than him though. Its not even than close.

If antony were the youth product and Garnacho the 100m signing this wouldn't even be a discussion.
This guy

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:26 PM
Joe Biden

Antony simply can't score the goal garnacho did against Fulham. He's not fast enough or direct enough.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Antony simply can't score the goal garnacho did against Fulham. He's not fast enough or direct enough.
Any evidence of this?

Any evidence that Garnacho can score the goal Antony did at the Etihad, for instance?

Or are you taking 2 players at vastly different points of their careers and comparing and deciding the one you like most is better?

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:35 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Any evidence of this?

Any evidence that Garnacho can score the goal Antony did at the Etihad, for instance?

Or are you taking 2 players at vastly different points of their careers and comparing and deciding the one you like most is better?
This antony display at the etihad is going to go down in folklore like the beek motm display against Watford.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Run at pace and side foot into the corner? I think he can.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:36 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Run at pace and side foot into the corner? I think he can.
Bit more to the goal than that. You should watch it back.

Unread 27-12-2022, 02:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
This antony display at the etihad is going to go down in folklore like the beek motm display against Watford.
Suitably pathetic response.

Unread 27-12-2022, 03:13 PM
Peter13

Predicted Manchester United XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

Unread 27-12-2022, 04:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
Predicted Manchester United XI: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.
a team good enough to beat forest.

Unread 27-12-2022, 04:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Bit more to the goal than that. You should watch it back.
I never said there wasn’t, but I’m still failing to see what Garnacho exhibited that you think Antony couldn’t.

Did you see his goal at Everton? Quite fast and direct.

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:12 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a team good enough to beat forest.
That back 4 is terrifying though

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:23 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
Predicted Manchester United XI: De Gea;[SIZE="5"] Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Casemiro, Eriksen; Antony, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
That back 4 is terrifying though
Love the Matthew Hopkins pic

Mr Witchfinder

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:26 PM
dunk

De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw…

£#%&!ing hell doesn’t matter how much we £#%&!ing spend we end up with the same £#%&!ing shit@#%&!s starting

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Rumours:

Antony, rashford and martial start.

Plus a ‘surprise’ at the back …. (Varane)

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:35 PM
Baron

We should eviscerate them 5 nil, they’re utterly shit & incoherent - pace and quick, decisive passing.

Martial brace, one a lovely dink. Incoming.

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:37 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
We should eviscerate them 5 nil, they’re utterly shit & incoherent - pace and quick, decisive passing.

Great minds think alike pal. Two goals incoming for our French maestro

Unread 27-12-2022, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Yeah that 'should' is doing some heavy lifting there.

Manchester United have pretty much been the poster boys for chronic underachievement for the last 10 years now, with their party piece being making hopeless dogshit sides look miles better than they are.