United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:08 AM
marlo

Default united v everton - how will it go?

replacing the matchday thread as antonin has gone awol.

the team i would pick if i was manager.

vds

oshea
evans
vidic
evra

park
fletcher
anderson

nani
rooney
tevez

should be able to win the game in the 90 minutes

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:12 AM
wiganste

Fletcher is out I believe.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Whalefish

It'll be a tense cagey affair. Everton will foul a lot and hoof the ball towards Screech and Cahill. They'll be a threat from set pieces and defend like 4 JTs for much of the game. Howard's twitchy performance against Villa will be a thing of the past. Our four efforts on goal will all be dealt with comfortably and there'll be talk later of Utd selling him too soon.

Pip Neville will be the midfield enforcer we've missed all season.

Me, well it'll be post Sunday roast () so I'll be quite tired. I may have a few Guinness during the game and that will mean potential for a kip. Especially if the game's shite. Which it may well be. I may need a shower at half time to liven things up.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:15 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
whats wrong with him?

our medical team will probably do their best to get him back in time for pre season.

still dont know what happen to the da silva twins and why they just happened to return to fitness 'together'?

i dont even recall when or what happen to wes brown and £#%&! knows what happen with park (not complaining with that one though)

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I expect Anderson's competition to start, Gibson.

ReligiousRed

All i would really change in that, is put Rio in with Vidic ( if he is fit ? ) thought we looked solid again with them two together on weds night, keep the back tight and we got enough in our attack to go win it in 90 IMO .

hopkins

Marlo, the new bedders, I like it

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Whalefish

Wes broke his foot against Everton. Only came on for a few mins.

Rafael is back in training.

The latter may well be involved tomorrow. No word on Wes, or rather there's conflicting reports. He may feature Sunday or he may have only just resumed fitness work.

Fabio doesn't really exist.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Ginners

i think we need our strongest 11 available, everton are no mugs.

vds

rafael
rio
vidic
evra

ronaldo
carrick
anderson
nani

rooney
berbie

if theyre all fit.

that team will win comfortably, if he starts putting foster, wellbeck, gibson etc in then its simple, we will lose.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:25 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
It'll be a tense cagey affair. Everton will foul a lot and hoof the ball towards Screech and Cahill.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Sloppy

Reds to ring the changes

Sir Alex has confirmed he may make a number of changes to his United line-up for Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Everton at Wembley.

The boss says that Wednesday's Champions League win in Porto, and its high-speed nature against tough opponents, took a lot out of his players.

“It was gruelling and there was never any period where it was comfortable. It was always played at a high tempo and credit to Porto they kept going," he said. "The pressing of the ball from both teams was the best I’ve seen in Europe for a long time.

“There is a subsequent loss of energy in some parts of my team; I need to recognise that and make some changes on Sunday because it’s a big game.”

Darren Fletcher, who missed the Reds' trip to Portugal, should return but Sir Alex faces a decision on the match-readiness of Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick. “There aren’t any serious injuries, but we’ve got quite a few bumps and bruises. Rooney got a knock, and Carrick got an ankle knock, but nothing serious. The good news is Fletcher has trained in the last few days and he should be OK for Sunday."

Another boost is the return to full training of Wes Brown. He could taste action on Monday night when the Reserves play Preston North End in the Lancashire Senior Cup semi-final.

"Wes started training with the first team today, which is great news for us. I’m contemplating playing him in the Reserves on Monday. It’s maybe a bit early, but given the time of the season and the importance of the games coming up we may rush him back a little bit. It’s a thought for Monday. Other than that everybody is fine.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:37 PM
koppas

Rafa is back, apparently.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:39 PM
The Return of JC

Marlo, you seem to have left Berbatov out. He's fit, you know....

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

we'll do 'em, but it will tight. 1-0 or 2-1 tops imo

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:40 PM
rebelcountyred

foster
rafael evans oshea neville
anderson gibson scholes nani
macheda wellbeck

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
foster
macheda wellbeck
you dont want us to win then?

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Ether

Quote:
foster
macheda wellbeck
What. The. £#%&!

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:44 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
you dont want us to win then?
rather keep the players we need as fresh as possible tbh, i'd give that team a fighting chance too, everton have their own injury problems.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

actually i'd like to make a change to that line up, i'd have tosic in instead of nani, great experience for the fringe players.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:47 PM
koppas

Quote:
rather keep the players we need as fresh as possible tbh, i'd give that team a fighting chance too, everton have their own injury problems.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

actually i'd like to make a change to that line up, i'd have tosic in instead of nani, great experience for the fringe players.
Prime example why you are not a football manager.

Unread 17-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Marlo, you seem to have left Berbatov out. He's fit, you know....
he's alright, but he's not really my type.

i've already got my coat
Closed Thread