Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:12 PM
Drexl

Default Pellistri debut

Didn't see the game (radio reds), but had a good game

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:25 PM
Dr Stranger

He’s always looked like he has something about him. Being around the Uruguay squad in the World Cup will have helped him massively. Certainly far more about him than Elanga.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Good feet, extremely lightweight.....

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:32 PM
dunk

Baffled me that he’s not had any minutes this season given the dearth of options tbh. Exactly the sort of player you want on the bench, creative, quick, can beat a man and is clever. He is lightweight but can play in World Cups and Copa Americas for Uruguay, so surely he can manage 15-20 minutes in the PL? He has to be a better option than Elanga ffs. If either is to go on loan it should be Elanga, he offers £#%&! all.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Baffled me that he’s not had any minutes this season given the dearth of options tbh. Exactly the sort of player you want on the bench, creative, quick, can beat a man and is clever. He is lightweight but can play in World Cups and Copa Americas for Uruguay, so surely he can manage 15-20 minutes in the PL? He has to be a better option than Elanga ffs. If either is to go on loan it should be Elanga, he offers £#%&! all.
He’s been injured up to the World Cup though, hadn’t he? Had a decent tour and I reckon we’d have seen a few more cameos had he been fit.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s been injured up to the World Cup though, hadn’t he? Had a decent tour and I reckon we’d have seen a few more cameos had he been fit.
Nah, missed the first month/6 weeks I think, he’s been on the bench a few times just not made it to the pitch.

A lot of talk of him going on loan this month. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nah, missed the first month/6 weeks I think, he’s been on the bench a few times just not made it to the pitch.

A lot of talk of him going on loan this month. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Was he? Thought it was longer. Fair enough.

Definitely worth having around. I think a lot will depend on Sancho. If he comes back and can find some form, then it’s Antony, Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho for 2 positons. Hard to see Elanga or Pellistri getting much game time then.

Elanga definitely need a loan. Permanently. In exchange for money.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:43 PM
dunk

Sancho can play left or right, I’d keep Pellistri regardless.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Was he? Thought it was longer. Fair enough.

Definitely worth having around. I think a lot will depend on Sancho. If he comes back and can find some form, then it’s Antony, Rashford, Garnacho and Sancho for 2 positons. Hard to see Elanga or Pellistri getting much game time then.

Elanga definitely need a loan. Permanently. In exchange for money.
Send him to Chelsea for a loan fee of 30 million. Their recruitment is currently run by an idiot

Quote:
Sancho can play left or right, I’d keep Pellistri regardless.
100% we have lots of games and games like the reading FA cup would be perfect for him.

Elanga has to be binned.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:45 PM
Seamus

he done well against a mid table 1st division team that was blowing out of its arse after 80 minutes of chasing shadows.

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
he done well against a mid table 1st division team that was blowing out of its arse after 80 minutes of chasing shadows.
I think it’s more , elanga is way worse. Nobody is saying pellestri is our answer to the RW but he should be given chances ahead of elanga .

Unread 11-01-2023, 12:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
yes. very well.

Unread 11-01-2023, 01:28 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Good at jumping tbf

Unread 11-01-2023, 03:20 PM
armchair

Very naive the way he ran forward at speed with the ball instead of stopping and trying a few tricks.

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:43 AM
Weekend Hussler

Will be better than Garnacho

Unread 12-01-2023, 01:02 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
£#%&! off are you blind!

Unread 12-01-2023, 04:01 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMUFC2020
£#%&! off are you blind!
Feel free to bump the thread in 5 years pal.

I'll still be here, will you?

Unread 12-01-2023, 08:25 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
He'll never be as good as garnacho is now.

Unread 12-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Seamus

Quote:
no chance

Unread 12-01-2023, 09:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Basically a garnacho, Antony, Sancho hybrid ..

Santchollestri..
Closed Thread