Unread 08-04-2013, 10:15 PM
saffers

Default Lack of goals from wingers and welbeck really hurting us now

These are shocking stats, all comps.

Welbeck - 2 goals
Nani - 2 goals
Young - 0 goals
Valencia - 0 goals

I guess its pretty clear now why we wanted Hazard and why we wanted to pay silly money for Lucas.

Will definitely be more than just Nani leaving this summer I reckon. Fergie already has ignored the mediocrity in the centre of midfield for too long, adding the wings to it will just mean more performances like the one tonight.

Young, Giggs and Welbeck as part of a midfield 4. , Yet people are questioning RvP, deary me.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Mr Castro

We need Ronaldo

Though why would he leave Madrid for us?

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
We need Ronaldo

Though why would he leave Madrid for us?
Why wouldn't he, we are better than them even with no midfield.

He was being booed there up until last season.

Question should be, why should we blow 60mill on him when we could get 3 fantastic young players for a similar amount? Ron is 28 now...

Meanwhile at the Dragon stadium earlier tonight

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Mr Castro

We just need much better wingers. Young and Valencia aren't top class, and that's what we need.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Aman27deep

Stat - United's three full backs have scored twice the number of goals (8) than four wingers (4).

That is a very disturbing fact. And it is correct as I have compiled it myself.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Alan

It's OK, world beater zaha has got 6 goals all season against the elite defenders of the championship.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Welbeck can almost be classed as a winger right now, such is the frequency with which he plays wide. All our attackers struggle with consistency, be it in front of goal or otherwise. Symptom of a disorganised, disjointed mess with no regular system or playing philosophy.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
It's OK, world beater zaha has got 6 goals all season against the elite defenders of the championship.
£#%&!ing hell, he and Welbeck will be terrorizing defenses throughout the continent of Europe next season to the tune or three, maybe even FOUR goals between them

Roll on the quadruple!

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM
dunk

Welbeck is the only attacking player we have got that can actually run and beat a man*. We have 4 front line strikers and 3 wingers and only one that is actually athletic enough to do the jobs required.

*I don't include Nani as his head is wedged firmly up his arse.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:55 PM
MJ Ramone

I'd be interested to know Welbeck, Young, Nani & Valencia's assist stats too.
I'd be surprised if its anywhere near double figures combined.

We've had a fantastic season from Carrick & a superb first 5 months in the shirt from Van Perise. That contribution alone has given us this 12pt lead.

Apart from that the season has been untidy with no flow, enjoyment or style.

Fergie often talks about "ticking off the games till you run out" - that's ok during the final run - those last half a dozen games, but we've started taking that approach in November ffs
It's so functional & dull.

The more you look at our run-in the more worried you get. Even Villa at home won't be a stroll. They'll still be fighting to stay up.
Stoke & West Ham away will be tough...& that's before Chelsea & Arsenal ffs

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

We've had a fantastic season from Carrick & a superb first 5 months in the shirt from Van Perise. That contribution alone has given us this 12pt lead.

Apart from that the season has been untidy with no flow, enjoyment or style.

Fergie often talks about "ticking off the games till you run out" - that's ok during the final run - those last half a dozen games, but we've started taking that approach in November ffs
It's so functional & dull.

The more you look at our run-in the more worried you get. Even Villa at home won't be a stroll. They'll still be fighting to stay up.
Stoke & West Ham away will be tough...& that's before Chelsea & Arsenal ffs
I don't even think it's really intentional. I don't believe for a minute Fergie has decided on a functional side that grinds out results. It's more than he can't make his mind up on how he wants to play, what his best team is and how to fit it all together. It's a mess. The fact that we're walking the league playing as we have says everything about the state of the Premiership right now.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Welbeck is the only attacking player we have got that can actually run and beat a man*. We have 4 front line strikers and 3 wingers and only one that is actually athletic enough to do the jobs required.

*I don't include Nani as his head is wedged firmly up his arse.
Athletic enough, £#%&!ing hell. What use is being athletic enough when he's got zero goal threat, zero vision, and the touch of a rapist?

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't even think it's really intentional. I don't believe for a minute Fergie has decided on a functional side that grinds out results. It's more than he can't make his mind up on how he wants to play, what his best team is and how to fit it all together. It's a mess. The fact that we're walking the league playing as we have says everything about the state of the Premiership right now.
but we won't walk the league - after we have played some of the harder fixtures that ciddy have already completed it'll be close.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Athletic enough, £#%&!ing hell. What use is being athletic enough when he's got zero goal threat, zero vision, and the touch of a rapist?
Alan. Back out of the thread, there's a good boy, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Utterly shite.

1 Wayne Rooney 12
2 Robin Van Persie 8
3 Anderson 5
4 Antonio Valencia 5
5 Danny Welbeck 5
6 Javier Hernández 5
7 Michael Carrick 5
8 Nani 5
9 Patrice Evra 5
10 Shinji Kagawa 4
11 Ashley Young 3
12 Rafael 3
13 Ryan Giggs 3
14 Tom Cleverley 2
15 Alexander Büttner 1
16 Darren Fletcher 1
17 Jonathan Evans 1
18 Paul Scholes 1
19 Rio Ferdinand 1

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Utterly shite.

1 Wayne Rooney 12
2 Robin Van Persie 8
3 Anderson 5
4 Antonio Valencia 5
5 Danny Welbeck 5
6 Javier Hernández 5
7 Michael Carrick 5
8 Nani 5
9 Patrice Evra 5
10 Shinji Kagawa 4
11 Ashley Young 3
12 Rafael 3
13 Ryan Giggs 3
14 Tom Cleverley 2
15 Alexander Büttner 1
16 Darren Fletcher 1
17 Jonathan Evans 1
18 Paul Scholes 1
19 Rio Ferdinand 1

better than I thought tbh
which says a lot.
That @#%&! Rooney at the top of the list who hasn't contributed again this season. Seething

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Alan. Back out of the thread, there's a good boy, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Translation: 'you've just criticised my favourite player and I have no comeback, so I'll insult you instead'.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Translation: 'you've just criticised my favourite player and I have no comeback, so I'll insult you instead'.

I just don't communicate with fools about football. Don't take it personally, it's not your fault.

Unread 08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Alan

Quote:
I just don't communicate with fools about football. Don't take it personally, it's not your fault.
And you still can't discuss the subject at hand without an insult from the safety of your keyboard.

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
And you still can't discuss the subject at hand without an insult from the safety of your keyboard.

No. I can't discuss the subject with you, specifically for the reasons mentioned, based entirely on the evidence of your posting history.

You've done this to yourself.

And I'd love to meet you face to face pal, love to. I'm a people person.
Closed Thread