Yes - Let's Roll.... 32 96.97%
No - hanging out my Rangnick bedsheet 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Our reluctance/inability to add a competent midfielder under the age of 30 since Carrick really, really £#%&!s me off.

Decent that aside.
Yeah you’re right, would have been a real statement of intent if only Casemiro had been born 6 months later tbf. Oh well .

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:28 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Love him and have loved this window. Feels like only yesterday I was saying “it’s only June” to Doom and the Gang and now I can say “I told you so”.

Some great players added to the squad, already looking like Maguire is finished here, and I fully believe Erik will be able to improve some of the other players who’ve stagnated a bit under poor management in recent years.

About 3 people were happy with Maguire on here.
A Sage for the ages

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=504

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah you’re right, would have been a real statement of intent if only Casemiro had been born 6 months later tbf. Oh well .
You know exactly what I’m talking about you pedantic £#%&!.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
I like De Gea, love Martial, and Pogba, despite his @#%&!ishness, is a good player when he can be bothered (which is never). I was wrong about AWB. Pretty sure that was when Maguire was our best defender too. Sadly.

Try again.

Edit - I’ve never actually claimed to be a sage btw, half my posts on here are to rile you up

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Windy FFS

The anti sage

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
You know exactly what I’m talking about you pedantic £#%&!.
No, you’ve literally said under 30 because it’s an arbitrary cut off point and Casemiro is a few months older than that, so it still gives you a chance to moan after spending months telling everyone there was no money available for transfers

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I like De Gea, love Martial, and Pogba, despite his @#%&!ishness, is a good player when he can be bothered (which is never). I was wrong about AWB. Pretty sure that was when Maguire was our best defender too. Sadly.

Try again.

Edit - I’ve never actually claimed to be a sage btw, half my posts on here are to rile you up
Woosh... see the actual post I linked to (spoiler: it wasn't yours)

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Woosh... see the actual post I linked to (spoiler: it wasn't yours)
Yeah I deserve the whoosh. Sorry. Long day looking after my kid - I’m £#%&!ed

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
No, you’ve literally said under 30 because it’s an arbitrary cut off point and Casemiro is a few months older than that, so it still gives you a chance to moan after spending months telling everyone there was no money available for transfers
I’ve used under 30 because that’s the age of Eriksen, and players in their 30’s will need replacing in the not too distant future more often than not. Apologies for being frustrated at us signing players at the back end of their career for our weakest department.

I theorised there was no money to be spent, I also theorised they were going to drop £300m.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:43 PM
puressence

If before we had bought anyone and they listed ten players and we would buy of em. Those we have got would have been on a lot of lists. Needs to go strong in league. Let the other lot see the Europa league they have enough there to get through that and the league cup game.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:49 PM
redhegemony

If you look at the outgoings it shows the utter shambles the club was in. We cannot sell players so aren't bringing in any capital.

We have not renewed loads and loaned others so the loanees are still ours but hopefully they either step up or go.

His signings have surpassed expectations at last We have some backbone and players who show some passion.

It's going to take another season to get rid of the rest of the dross and improve the squad.

I'd take Jones lurking about in the treatment room for another few months for victory of the scousers.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I’ve used under 30 because that’s the age of Eriksen, and players in their 30’s will need replacing in the not too distant future more often than not. Apologies for being frustrated at us signing players at the back end of their career for our weakest department.

I theorised there was no money to be spent, I also theorised they were going to drop £300m.
Theorised

You’re not Charles Darwin you self-important @#%&!. You’re a turbo poster on a football forum, and you apparently want credit for posting two diametrically opposite predictions about our summer transfer spending in an effort to hedge your bets and avoid being technically wrong on here

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Theorised

You’re not Charles Darwin you self-important @#%&!. You’re a turbo poster on a football forum, and you apparently want credit for posting two diametrically opposite predictions about our summer transfer spending in an effort to hedge your bets and avoid being technically wrong on here
I don’t want credit for anything pal it’s a £#%&!ing football forum, for talking about football wtf is wrong with you

‘Self important’ from the bloke who wants to determine who can post what, about what and when?

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I don’t want credit for anything pal it’s a £#%&!ing football forum, for talking about football wtf is wrong with you

‘Self important’ from the bloke who wants to determine who can post what, about what and when?
Determine who can post what Still crying about the weekend pal?

You have been saying for months and months we had no money to spend, and you’ve been made to look utterly and complete wrong, again. But still want to find an angle to have a whinge

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Determine who can post what Still crying about the weekend pal?

You have been saying for months and months we had no money to spend, and you’ve been made to look utterly and complete wrong, again. But still want to find an angle to have a whinge
I’ve also been saying for weeks we’ll buy Antony, FDJ, Gakpo and a keeper by tomorrow, I’m wrong about that too. Who give a £#%&!

I come on here to discuss football and what is happening at the time. That’s what the place is for, I’m not sure what’s so £#%&!ing hard to understand tbh?

There was talk of a hugely reduced budget and the first months of the window pointed in that direction. Two weeks ago we were buying £#%&!ing Rabiot and Arnautovic ffs difficult to take from that we were on the cusp of dropping £140m on Casemiro and Antony tbf

Do you want to convey a list of topics people are allowed to post about? Maybe an acceptable number of posts per day that you’re comfortable with? Number of allowable new threads? Links? Etc. you can ask armchair to pin it to the top of the forum?

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:14 PM
AK14

Quote:

Quote:
I’ve also been saying for weeks we’ll buy Antony, FDJ, Gakpo and a keeper by tomorrow, I’m wrong about that too. Who give a £#%&!

I come on here to discuss football and what is happening at the time. That’s what the place is for, I’m not sure what’s so £#%&!ing hard to understand tbh?

There was talk of a hugely reduced budget and the first months of the window pointed in that direction. Two weeks ago we were buying £#%&!ing Rabiot and Arnautovic ffs difficult to take from that we were on the cusp of dropping £140m on Casemiro and Antony tbf

Do you want to convey a list of topics people are allowed to post about? Maybe an acceptable number of posts per day that you’re comfortable with? Number of allowable new threads? Links? Etc. you can ask armchair to pin it to the top of the forum?
Mad days nqat

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Are you alright mate? I know you don’t take being wrong about things very well, but you seem a bit rattled? I haven’t said anywhere what you or anyone else should or can post about

In the same way you can post whatever shite you like it, I’m able to take the piss out of some of the ridiculous stuff you post. That’s literally how it works. Now calm down or I’ll get into some advanced searches of your constant claims months ago that there was no money available.

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:28 PM
Finport Red

Delighted with how things have ended up, especially given where we were in June, and even two weeks ago.

I think Ten Hag has done brilliantly to get rid of so much dross in one window, being in such quality and put the other wasters in the squad that they’re on notice.

If he’s as good a coach as I hope, he will improve those that want to improve too, and when you put all those things together, I don’t think we are too far away. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win a trophy and finish in the top four.

Unread 31-08-2022, 05:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Maybe we do need a search session, clear the air etc...
Closed Thread