View Poll Results: Happy ?
Yes - Let's Roll.... 32 96.97%
No - hanging out my Rangnick bedsheet 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Football MUFC - Summer business Complete 2022

If as Erik says in today's presser that is our business done for the season, are you happy with this summer's deals.... ?

IN

Antony Ajax Permanent
Casemiro Real Madrid Permanent
Christian Eriksen Brentford Free agent
Tyrell Malacia Feyenoord Permanent
Lisandro Martinez Ajax Permanent
Martin Dúbravka. Newcastle Loan

OUT

Eric Bailly Marseille Loan
Edinson Cavani Valencia Released
Reece Devine Swindon Town Permanent
Alvaro Fernandez Preston North End Loan
Lee Grant Ipswich Town Coaching role
Hannibal Birmingham City Loan
Dean Henderson Nottingham Forest Loan
Ethan Laird Queens Park Rangers Loan
Dylan Levitt Dundee United Permanent
Jesse Lingard Nottingham Forest Permanent
Juan Mata TBC Released
Nemanja Matic Roma Permanent
Paul McShane - Retired*
Dermot Mee Altrincham Loan
D'Mani Mellor Wycombe Wanderers Permanent
Andreas Pereira Fulham Permanent
Paul Pogba Juventus Permanent
Connor Stanley Bolton Wanderers Permanent
Martin Svidersky Almeria Permanent
Alex Telles Sevilla Loan
Paul Woolston - Retired

PENDING

AWB
GARNER
DE JONG
DEST
CHONG

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:13 PM
wiganste

It's been a good window tbf - Rome wasn't built in a day.

ETH's signings have already impressed so it does look like he knows what he's doing. Still some work to do before a title charge but we're on the right track

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

ETH's signings have already impressed so it does look like he knows what he's doing. Still some work to do before a title charge but we're on the right track
100% agree mate ...

Shifted some absolute chancers, snakes and thieves, brought in some Erik moulded players that look like they have the desire and skill to play for this club....

Consolidation, a cup run, top 4 then next year we go for the big one....

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:27 PM
shenwen

Very happy. For the outgoings alone it’s been good but feels like we’ve also added character to the team as well as quality.

Still issues to sort out but definitely an optimistic start

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:27 PM
Hyman_Roth

Fairly delighted tbh.

Club moving in the right direction. The players shifted on was crucial in setting the right tone. The whole set up already feels more professional - players working their arses off for the 1st time in ages.

Need more in and more out. Maguire and shaw have to be £#%&!ed off asap or they’ll start stinking the place out. Rashford too if he fails this season.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:28 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
100% agree mate ...

Shifted some absolute chancers, snakes and thieves, brought in some Erik moulded players that look like they have the desire and skill to play for this club....

Consolidation, a cup run, top 4 then next year we go for the big one....
I really want the Europa this season. And the FA Cup.
People scoff at the Europa but it's a £#%&!ing European trophy. Not to be sniffed at

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Fairly delighted tbh.

Club moving in the right direction. The players shifted on was crucial in setting the right tone. The whole set up already feels more professional - players working their arses off for the 1st time in ages.

Need more in and more out. Maguire and shaw have to be £#%&!ed off asap or they’ll start stinking the place out. Rashford too if he fails this season.
Thing with the three that you've mentioned (which again Erik seems to have got right) is they have direct competition to their starting places and are now being managed (dropped) as required....

Can't tell you how happy I am with Erik so far, I know I know it's early days and results will determine his ultimate fate, but I knew what we were getting, I knew what we needed, just didn't know if he would be given that power, adhered to and supported.....
.every club he has managed he was either in the learning phase as a new coach or just balls out stepped in, ripped up the rules and daily training and implemented his vision...

It's been clear to see since he arrived, he is doing it again here, it's what we needed...

A proper Boss

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Still too early for all the backslapping. Plenty folk were happy with AWB, Maguire and Shaw after a handful of games.

But you can’t argue with 5 maybe 6 players in and a load of shite out . Giddy up and ride and let’s see what we’ve got.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:37 PM
NedKelly

Love him and have loved this window. Feels like only yesterday I was saying “it’s only June” to Doom and the Gang and now I can say “I told you so”.

Some great players added to the squad, already looking like Maguire is finished here, and I fully believe Erik will be able to improve some of the other players who’ve stagnated a bit under poor management in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Still too early for all the backslapping. Plenty folk were happy with AWB, Maguire and Shaw after a handful of games.

But you can’t argue with 5 maybe 6 players in and a load of shite out . Giddy up and ride and let’s see what we’ve got.
About 3 people were happy with Maguire on here.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:37 PM
dunk

Our reluctance/inability to add a competent midfielder under the age of 30 since Carrick really, really £#%&!s me off.

Decent that aside.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:40 PM
red in cumbria

Still think there might be at least one last minute addition/departure.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Our reluctance/inability to add a competent midfielder under the age of 30 since Carrick really, really £#%&!s me off.

Decent that aside.
I’m happy with Cass though - and I’ve been very vocal in saying we needed a DM. He’s world class and still has at least 3-4 years left in him imo. Plenty of time for us to get Rice.

Unread 31-08-2022, 03:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m happy with Cass though - and I’ve been very vocal in saying we needed a DM. He’s world class and still has at least 3-4 years left in him imo. Plenty of time for us to get Rice.
I’m happy with all the signings tbf, delighted with Antony. Casemiro could be a game changer.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:02 PM
silv

I've gone with 'yes lets roll' as im a positive guy but I don't know what the question was

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still think there might be at least one last minute addition/departure.
I think there might be too.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:09 PM
Baron

He's an absolute £#%&!ing lad, already spotted the %@#$&!s & he's standing firm with Ronnie. I bet he took a shit in Fergie's parking spot as well.

CL football in the bag asap, then we can upgrade the spine of the side - but I really, really hope he can actually develop some players here. Feels like forever since someone has actually turned into a quality player since joining.

The likes of Dalot, even Fred who I think is a useless shite, could be primed for getting dragged along by the standards, coaching & the mentality change that appears to be absolutely on the nose.

High hopes, long arse way to go.

Fail we may, but sail we must.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:12 PM
dinger

No way it was getting completely over hauled in one window so happy with what we have. Casemiero sealed it, his presence alongside Ronaldo and Varane will make a difference when things get a bit wobbly

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:18 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Agreed. Not enough quality in depth in central midfield and attack, but five (maybe six) first team players is more than most of us were expecting.

Fancynus to bring in another player in January too.

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:20 PM
Whip Hubley

a million times more optimistic than I was a month ago. Even a couple of weeks ago actually - on the footballing side I'm thinking we can push for top 4 at a minimum and maybe scab a pot. Although I said that last season

The noises being made about big Jim/the Glazers are the most promising thing to come out of the summer. Actual hope they might be wavering for the first time...

Unread 31-08-2022, 04:24 PM
jem

has been an incredible window.

is it enough? no. of course not.

would have liked haaland. de jong and bellingham in january, then.
Closed Thread