United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2022, 04:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Default Idiot Pundits

I’ve got Soccer Saturday on. I haven’t sat and watched it in a while. Never ceases to amaze me how they manage to unearth brand new levels of thickie.

Merson has always been the quintessential idiot. Clinton Morrison sounds like he has peanut butter stuck to the roof of his mouth and Kris Boyd can’t even spell his own name.

But…. I think Michael Dawson might be the biggest £#%&!ing belm of the lot.

You know it’s bad when Sue Smith is the best of the lot.

Who gets YOUR vote as the country’s biggest punditry dunce?

Unread 27-08-2022, 04:47 PM
AK14

I’ve mentioned him quite a bit over the last few weeks

He’s without a doubt the thickest ‘pundit’ they ever had on any of these score update shows.

Last week he described the Newcastle forward as the vocal point of their attack

Unread 27-08-2022, 04:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’ve mentioned him quite a bit over the last few weeks

He’s without a doubt the thickest ‘pundit’ they ever had on any of these score update shows.

Last week he described the Newcastle forward as the vocal point of their attack
At least Merson kind of knows he’s impaired. Dawson is that worse kind of moron: he thinks he’s smart. Like Martin Keown or Jermaine Jenas.

Unread 27-08-2022, 04:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Jermaine Jenas.
Doesn't he mostly do "lifestyle" TV now?

Unread 27-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Doesn't he mostly do "lifestyle" TV now?
Whatever keeps him off my telly.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Pop

Be easier to list the decent pundits. 99% of them are absolute #@&%!s.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Be easier to list the decent pundits. 99% of them are absolute #@&%!s.
Decent pundits -
Roy Keane

….

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:07 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I can live with most of the ex-players tbh, at least they know the game, but these professional tv presenter types who know FA about the game, endlessly reeling off stats and making out like they are experts do my head and make the stuff unwatchable and now they have a load of women at it as well

Again, don't mind the women ex-players, some of them are pretty decent, but some didn't even play any sport when they were at Oxford and have got high paying jobs opinionating about football

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I can live with most of the ex-players tbh, at least they know the game, but these professional tv presenter types who know FA about the game, endlessly reeling off stats and making out like they are experts do my head and make the stuff unwatchable and now they have a load of women at it as well

Again, don't mind the women ex-players, some of them are pretty decent, but some didn't even play any sport when they were at Oxford and have got high paying jobs opinionating about football
Thing is, half the ex players don’t know the game that well. They could play it, but that doesn’t mean they can comment on or analyse it. They’re usually just to damn thick. And then arrogant because they’ve played. Jeff Stelling, for example, is far more insightful than any of that moronic panel.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:18 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
They’re usually just to damn thick.
*chuckle*

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
*chuckle*

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
*chuckle*
Ahhhh %@#$&!s.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:24 PM
Arnold Muhren

I had the misfortune to hear Dean Saunders on Talksport the other morning with Ally McCoist and the woman presenter. He’s bonafide special needs isn’t he?

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
I had the misfortune to hear Dean Saunders on Talksport the other morning with Ally McCoist and the woman presenter. He’s bonafide special needs isn’t he?
Oooh, yes. He’s a bad one. He’s odd as well.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:29 PM
Mr_Ed

Redknapp is as thick as mince. Him and Jenas are useless.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Thing is, half the ex players don’t know the game that well. They could play it, but that doesn’t mean they can comment on or analyse it. They’re usually just to damn thick. And then arrogant because they’ve played. Jeff Stelling, for example, is far more insightful than any of that moronic panel.
There are always the odd exceptions, as there always was, but in general I'd just rather listen to someone who was a player than some media type who is just selling Sky to the masses on the basis of their good looks or charismatic personalities.

Most ex players aren't thick, least not about the game, and do tend to have opinions based on having played it at the top level, but again there are always exceptions.

I don't tend to listen to punditry and often watch games with no volume, so maybe I shouldn't be posting on this thread

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:31 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
A despicable @#%&!.

State of him in this video, choosing to get behind the wheel in that condition

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:49 PM
Chopper

I watched the game and build up on BEIN Sports,
And the muppet team of Gray, Keys and McAteer.

Like they were all spaced out on drugs. Couldn’t get their sentences together, the camera jumping between them, focusing on lads who weren’t talking, sitting there looking dormant.

Unread 27-08-2022, 05:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
There are always the odd exceptions, as there always was, but in general I'd just rather listen to someone who was a player than some media type who is just selling Sky to the masses on the basis of their good looks or charismatic personalities.

Most ex players aren't thick, least not about the game, and do tend to have opinions based on having played it at the top level, but again there are always exceptions.

I don't tend to listen to punditry and often watch games with no volume, so maybe I shouldn't be posting on this thread

Unread 27-08-2022, 06:02 PM
Finport Red

I can’t be doing with Richard Keys. Sleazy, dirty, vacuous breakfast tv presenter. Was average at that, terrible at everything else. Carried along for years by Gray. Would like to see his bloated head explode live in tv some night, the hairy handed moron.

And as for the other mono-browed cretin. More famous as a dunce than a footballer, managed to get a job in the studio when the most important factor was you had to have played for Liverpool, they scraped the bottom of the barrel one more time just in case, and out he popped - Jason McAteer. There are wiser eating grass.
Closed Thread