United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2023, 12:12 PM
53RedRum

So almost a billion less and that's with most of it borrowed from banks with huge interest levels.

He's a complete bluffer.

This is your hero?

Unread 18-02-2023, 12:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53RedRum
So almost a billion less and that's with most of it borrowed from banks with huge interest levels.

He's a complete bluffer.

This is your hero?
Who’s called him their hero

These continual new accounts seem to be taking their toll on your memory.

A billion less than what btw? There’s been no figure for the Qatari bid. Rumours are they think the Glazers have overvalued the club, and didn’t want to have their pants pulled down, so they’ve put in a lowball first offer.

Unread 18-02-2023, 12:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
His aim is to be a long-term custodian of Manchester United and set the standard for a progressive approach to club ownership. As locally born, he wants to put the Manchester back into Manchester United."

Sources close to the Ratcliffe bid also say that any money borrowed to fund the takeover of Manchester United will be borne by the INEOS group, rather than the club, meaning no fresh debt will be added to the balance sheet.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:23 PM
AK14

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:24 PM
53RedRum

Majority ownership

He's trying to keep the glazers involved. £#%&! him. Chelsea bastard.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:26 PM
Dr Stranger

‘Majority ownership’?

Could the parasites be tempted by that?

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Majority ownership

It’s a worry.

Lower bid than Qatar but the possibility of them sticking around and picking up a payout each year for the foreseeable?

I could see the leeches going for that if it’s on offer.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:28 PM
NedKelly

Go on Jim

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Ethers

Are you guys aware that the Glazers don’t own 100% of the club anymore, yeah?

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:31 PM
Finport Red

So, an extension of the current set-up with more noses in the trough and a plethora of Wall Street leeches to satisfy. Debt remains, but hidden under a paragraph of grandiose throwaway sound bites of ‘making United great again’. An idea that might last as long as Jim’s ticker holds out, but will be gone soon after that.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
So, an extension of the current set-up with more noses in the trough and a plethora of Wall Street leeches to satisfy. Debt remains, but hidden under a paragraph of grandiose throwaway sound bites of ‘making United great again’. An idea that might last as long as Jim’s ticker holds out, but will be gone soon after that.
That's how it strikes me.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:34 PM
53RedRum

Compare the two statements. He's Chelsea not United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Are you guys aware that the Glazers don’t own 100% of the club anymore, yeah?
Open your eyes. Jim glazer has taken you for a ride.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:35 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Majority ownership

When was the last time he was at a game? Honest question.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/evilone44...21367114219520

Compare the two statements. He's Chelsea not United.

Open your eyes. Jim glazer has taken you for a ride.
Being told to open my eyes by the thicko that thinks majority ownership must mean him keeping the Glazers around

You have no idea what you’re on about, you’re just regurgitating what you read on Twitter.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’s a worry.

Lower bid than Qatar but the possibility of them sticking around and picking up a payout each year for the foreseeable?

I could see the leeches going for that if it’s on offer.
Yep. We know they like money and we know they like sticking around. Ratcliffe knows he can’t compete financially, so there’s the cherry of keeping them around.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:37 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Shenners and Ethers both make very valid points. But let's face it, we're not going to happy no matter what. This mythical top red billionaire is a fallacy.
The idea that he's some hardcore red who won't use the club to pay back the money he's borrowed sounds like fanciful nonsense.

Some people are lauding him without knowing anything about him if we're honest.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Being told to open my eyes by the thicko that thinks majority ownership must mean him keeping the Glazers around

You have no idea what you’re on about, you’re just regurgitating what you read on Twitter.
So it’ll be for the share percentage of what the glazers own and the rest will stay where it is?

The debt is a worry, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
When was the last time he was at a game? Honest question.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:40 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
When I see phrases like 'modern, progressive fan-centred approach to ownership', it makes me think of Woodward and co. saying stuff like 'United DNA'

What does that really mean when owned by a massive petro-chemical company owing money to Wall Street banks.

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So it’ll be for the share percentage of what the glazers own and the rest will stay where it is?

The debt is a worry, no?

Unread 18-02-2023, 01:43 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
When I see phrases like 'modern, progressive fan-centred approach to ownership', it makes me think of Woodward and co. saying stuff like 'United DNA'
It’s marketing garbage. They’re just not dumb enough to replace ‘fan’ with ‘customer’.

And if anyone thinks by ‘fan’ they mean the middle aged blokes who frequent here and who live within fifteen miles of Old Trafford, they’re deluding themselves.
Closed Thread