United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The best bit are the usual tropes . “What style are they playing? Etc “

Well if they haven’t been doing it for the last 15 games they won’t just turn up and play like 1970s Brazil one week will they?!

Results and clean sheets will breed confidence, the current shit we are in will take a while to properly come out of. Maybe ratcliffe comes in and we manage to get a couple of January signings.

Don’t know how long Martinez and shaw are out for but bringing them back will improve our ball retention and attack play considerably.

Diallo once back needs a go at that right side too. I think he could surprise a few . Don’t know when he comes back but I hope it’s soon.
This.

You can’t pull confidence out of your arse, but you can do the basics well. We haven’t been doing that recently, but we did today. We made ourselves tougher to beat. Yes, Fulham aren’t very good, but neither are a lot of teams who have totally outplayed us this season.

We’ve been far too easy to play through all season. We’ve shipped six goals in a week, so a hard fought clean sheet deserves a lot of credit.

Plenty of shouts this week that he’s lost the dressing room. We wouldn’t have won it in the 90th minute if that was the case. We’d be 2 down at half time instead.

The ‘style of play’ shout is getting tedious too. You’ve got £#%&!ers like Jenas saying he can’t see a style, but we should also change things up.

These people talk like they’ve never watched football. Context is everything today. This is the most scrutiny and doubt that ETH has faced since he joined. Today was never about answering long-term questions and showing how far we’ve come. It was about winning and showing character. We did both.

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:49 PM
red in cumbria

Was just thinking when 90 minutes was approaching, we haven't drawn a game yet this season have we?

And indeed, still haven't

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Was just thinking when 90 minutes was approaching, we haven't drawn a game yet this season have we?

And indeed, still haven't
Got that clean sheet too (though what Onana was doing for the save in the second have when he pushes it back into danger who knows ) still a clean sheet is a clean sheet

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:53 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Stupidly harsh that ...
The issue is why he's getting himself offside like he can't time his runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Hopefully you get filled in
Unlikely in Fulham unless he starts over the lack of lemon juice on his smashed avocado on sour dough.

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:55 PM
Danoli

Good to see Onana settling in and getting over his dodgy period.

Garnacho played well and was a threat.

Maguire did well, and good to see Wan B play the full match

Unread 04-11-2023, 03:59 PM
magic_cantona

You take Bruno out of the side, and who else can score a goal like that? Yeah, he's been stroppy and shite at times but he's not been playing where he's effective. Delighted for him. Good to see the tenacity from Pellers to help with the goal. Thought Maguire was decent, as was AWB.

Dalot has to be dropped ffs. Has to.

Unread 04-11-2023, 04:00 PM
shenwen

Huge mood swinger that

Bruno Commentator I had mentioned his goal and assist stats in 200 games. Outstanding. He's got to get back to that form.

Lucky in the end. Boring game, but did play better than we have recently. Started to drop once Eriksen reached exhaustion. But defence looked steadier - WB makes a difference. Fair play to Maguire. That knock made him a better defender. Could be what's been missing.

Unread 04-11-2023, 04:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

A fair few positives. Garnacho, Maguire, Bruno, AWB, Pellistri.

Need to build off it now. United fans in great form too - you can often sense you’re going to get something from a fairly dead match as a fan and it makes a big difference when our crowd is positive.

Unread 04-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not a very nice way to talk about our manager, poor form or not.

Unread 04-11-2023, 05:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Who’s this £#%&!ing slag?
AK14 has been around a while tbf

Unread 04-11-2023, 05:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Dalot has to be dropped ffs. Has to.
It would help if we got some of our absentees back tbf, is this ever happening?

Unread 04-11-2023, 05:46 PM
larry

can anyone explain why they didnt find a reason to disallow bruno's goal?

Unread 04-11-2023, 05:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
can anyone explain why they didnt find a reason to disallow bruno's goal?
…yet.

Unread 04-11-2023, 08:07 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
this is the worst United team i think I’ve ever seen.

I don’t know how anyone can watch us every week from the league cup final and think the manager is worth sticking with.

Look at the football being played, his summer signings on the bench….

One of you voted to keep him until the end of the season. Get with it.

Unread 04-11-2023, 08:24 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

Unread 04-11-2023, 09:23 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

Unread 04-11-2023, 10:12 PM
marlo

Garnacho as raw as he is has to start every game.

Looked good and dangerous today.

I don’t need my winger passing the ball back every touch. Run and players and commit them we have a striker in the box.

Unread 04-11-2023, 10:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
I thought you didn’t like it when a player was guaranteed a start no matter what?

Unread 04-11-2023, 10:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

Looked good and dangerous today.

I don’t need my winger passing the ball back every touch. Run and players and commit them we have a striker in the box.
You were worried earlier that rashford would get a long term injury, and we might have to rely on Antony.

Or, at least, one of you did.

Unread 04-11-2023, 10:52 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I thought you didn’t like it when a player was guaranteed a start no matter what?

They should keep some kind of handover book so they know what the other has been saying.