United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:39 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Who was better than him at United between 2007-2009?
He had a great year. He'd scored loads. He might have been our best for that one year.

I love him but he wouldn't get in my best United team.

He's never been as good as Rooney.

Unread 29-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He had a great year. He'd scored loads. He might have been our best for that one year.

woah

Unread 29-07-2022, 11:01 PM
dunk

Great. Sideshow #@&%!

Unread 29-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:

Rooney

Unread 29-07-2022, 11:30 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Rooney
Tbf there was a time when Rooney was looking like he was the better of the two.

Unread 29-07-2022, 11:38 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Tbf there was a time when Rooney was looking like he was the better of the two.
Yeah - 16 years ago.

Ronaldo won 5 Ballon D'Ors since then.

Ronaldo was our top scorer last season in a proper shit team.

This was Rooney last season:

Unread 30-07-2022, 06:37 AM
believe

I never fancied her anyway

Unread 30-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
There’s two kings hundred times better than him who played association football at old Trafford
Word

Unread 30-07-2022, 09:37 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
There’s two kings hundred times better than him who played association football at old Trafford
There's 2 kings who deserve our respect more. It would be pretty foolish to argue that they were better players.

Ronaldo will be remembered as the greatest player of all time.

Pretty tired of the circus now. It's not worth it when he'll be going next year anyway.

Unread 30-07-2022, 11:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Ronaldo will be remembered as the greatest player of all time.
Very debatable. He wouldn’t have scored half the goals he did if he’d been around 40 or so years ago. Same with messi. They’re amongst the best ever, but it’s arguable where they stand.

There’s plenty of ex United players I’d take over him. As good as he was for us, he wasn’t better than the likes of best, law, charlton, edwards. Same level, but not better. And I’d also take the likes of robson, keane, cantona, van nistlerooy over him any day of the week.

Unread 30-07-2022, 11:48 AM
Ethers

It really isn’t debatable tbf, I think it’s pretty much universally acknowledged

Are you saying the standard of football was better 40 years ago? What’s your exact point with this 40 years thing?

Unread 30-07-2022, 11:51 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Very debatable. He wouldn’t have scored half the goals he did if he’d been around 40 or so years ago. Same with messi. They’re amongst the best ever, but it’s arguable where they stand.

There’s plenty of ex United players I’d take over him. As good as he was for us, he wasn’t better than the likes of best, law, charlton, edwards. Same level, but not better. And I’d also take the likes of robson, keane, cantona, van nistlerooy over him any day of the week.
He’d have scored more ffs. Messi wouldn’t have had the growth hormones available so would have been the original Hasbulla, but Ronaldo would be laughing against teams consisting solely of men who’d been on the piss all night beforehand.

Unread 30-07-2022, 11:54 AM
Lok

Quote:

Whilst you're entitled to your opinion, it's a very silly one.

Unread 30-07-2022, 12:08 PM
Bunker Buster

People now rating RVN above Ronaldo because he didn't fly out and play Melbourne victory...

Heads have gone...all hail the GOAT

Unread 30-07-2022, 12:16 PM
Boring Dave

Quote:

Unread 30-07-2022, 12:20 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:

Wow

Ronaldo is levels above every player you mentioned. Absolutely levels.

Unread 30-07-2022, 12:37 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
People now rating RVN above Ronaldo because he didn't fly out and play Melbourne victory...

Heads have gone...all hail the GOAT
I’m convinced you’re on a wum

Unread 30-07-2022, 01:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
but Ronaldo would be laughing against teams consisting solely of men who’d been on the piss all night beforehand.
Not how it works.

Unread 30-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Not how it works.
How does it work mate, you sound quite the authority on it?

Unread 30-07-2022, 01:27 PM
NedKelly

Thumbs up

Quote:
Not how it works.
ok pal
Closed Thread