United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
so he came off on the 72 min how is he hauled off after one hour and then not involved for 20 mins?

Rashford came on for him which was the correct decision to stretch the game even further.

It's the same shit with you over and over again as soon as you declare a player to be shit then anything they do is shit. You don't actually watch the games at all. Your mind is made up.

I am not saying rom is £#%&!ing amazing but I will watch the games and judge them on how they play. Last night he was poor.
Not at all. He's had some good games, Friday wasn't one of them. Lovely ball through for Sanchez, cracking composure and finish from Sanchez (who was also shit for the rest of the time he was on the pitch), and a nice ball for Jesseh for the second. The rest of his game was a story of poor control leaden footedness and generally being on the periphery of the game.

He just frustrates me as he could be so much better. Looks unfit and is slow to react a lot of the time.

Get the impression you do as the pundits and assume if they score or assist they must've been awesome throughout

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:07 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not at all. He's had some good games, Friday wasn't one of them. Lovely ball through for Sanchez, cracking composure and finish from Sanchez (who was also shit for the rest of the time he was on the pitch), and a nice ball for Jesseh for the second. The rest of his game was a story of poor control leaden footedness and generally being on the periphery of the game.

He just frustrates me as he could be so much better. Looks unfit and is slow to react a lot of the time.

Get the impression you do as the pundits and assume if they score or assist they must've been awesome throughout

the point of attacking players is to score or create goals pal sorry to remind you of that. All round play is important but if you don't score or create then what's the £#%&!ing point ?

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
the point of attacking players is to score or create goals pal sorry to remind you of that. All round play is important but if you don't score or create then what's the £#%&!ing point ?
This is true, and he gets credit for that.. vision and pass for Sanchez were superb, it's few and far between though and he doesn't do the simple things well at all, hence I can't give him MotM for a performance like Friday. The amount of times he's on his heels when the ball is played into him and the defender nips in, or he just flat mis-controls the ball, or overhits a pass is amateur at times.

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:26 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
This is true, and he gets credit for that.. vision and pass for Sanchez were superb, it's few and far between though and he doesn't do the simple things well at all, hence I can't give him MotM for a performance like Friday. The amount of times he's on his heels when the ball is played into him and the defender nips in, or he just flat mis-controls the ball, or overhits a pass is amateur at times.

which was last night.

against arsenal he made mistakes but his impact on the game was huge he is inconsistent(utter £#%&!ing sunday league then world class in the space of 2mins) which is infuriaitng .

Ozil has the best touch control and passing of anyone I can think off but so many games he has little to no impact.

Shinji had a great touch and vision and honestly worked his balls off just had £#%&! all impact in big games or could influence how other teams played.

Rom in the other games he has came on as a sub he has scored and done well recently, last night was £#%&!ing dross so £#%&!ed if I know

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
which was last night.

against arsenal he made mistakes but his impact on the game was huge he is inconsistent(utter £#%&!ing sunday league then world class in the space of 2mins) which is infuriaitng .

Ozil has the best touch control and passing of anyone I can think off but so many games he has little to no impact.

Shinji had a great touch and vision and honestly worked his balls off just had £#%&! all impact in big games or could influence how other teams played.

Rom in the other games he has came on as a sub he has scored and done well recently, last night was £#%&!ing dross so £#%&!ed if I know
And most of Friday night.

The lad is well off form. He's had a tough season.

Unread 30-01-2019, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I see Poch has vowed not to leave Spurs..
A "pledge" worth about as much as your current Venezuelan currency, of course

Unread 30-01-2019, 06:07 PM
saffers

Dunk a proper Ole soldier, did not realise it till now.

Unread 30-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Man of the match or not, the point is that his inclusion, as an effective £75m striker, shouldn't be considered complacent.

This is the squad we have. We have a £#%&! ton of games. Making three changes to our current best 11 when we're at home to Burnley shouldn't be a problem.

Especially when two of the replacements are Lukaku and Mata.

The alternative is we play the same side Every week and we're knackered by mid-March

Unread 30-01-2019, 08:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Man of the match or not, the point is that his inclusion, as an effective £75m striker, shouldn't be considered complacent.

This is the squad we have. We have a £#%&! ton of games. Making three changes to our current best 11 when we're at home to Burnley shouldn't be a problem.

Especially when two of the replacements are Lukaku and Mata.

The alternative is we play the same side Every week and we're knackered by mid-March
I think it's more, as Whip says, that all of those decisions combined - Pereira, Mata and Lukaku - maybe represented complacency.

People might not like it but Lingard adds pace to our play and makes us more unpredictable for our opponents with his movement.

Didn't see the game so hard to comment on detail, but I wasn't loving the line-up when it was released. Anyway this is the job at United. When you fail to beat Burnley at home people will ask whether you made the right decisions. And he'll critique himself.

Unread 30-01-2019, 08:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think it's more, as Whip says, that all of those decisions combined - Pereira, Mata and Lukaku - maybe represented complacency.

People might not like it but Lingard adds pace to our play and makes us more unpredictable for our opponents with his movement.

Didn't see the game so hard to comment on detail, but I wasn't loving the line-up when it was released. Anyway this is the job at United. When you fail to beat Burnley at home people will ask whether you made the right decisions. And he'll critique himself.
we look much worst without him tbh

Unread 30-01-2019, 08:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
we look much worst without him tbh
He's a player the other players will appreciate more than anything. Sometimes you have a guy who isn't a world-beater but offers something unique at that particular period that makes him invaluable. Right now he's very important to the balance of what we do.

Unread 30-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

I don't see it as complacency. Just utilising the squad.

We made three changes to our best 11, not 6 or 7.

We just didn't play well. We didn't against Brighton either. That wasn't due to the line up.

Unread 31-01-2019, 12:02 PM
windy waffles

Sold Fellaini.

Give him it Now.

Unread 31-01-2019, 12:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I don't see it as complacency. Just utilising the squad.

We made three changes to our best 11, not 6 or 7.

We just didn't play well. We didn't against Brighton either. That wasn't due to the line up.
3 changes isn't complacency, if he'd changed half the first 11 then maybe.

It's just the combination of changes that killed us, taking the pace of Lingard and Martial out and moving Rashford out of the centre, and putting static, slow replacements in. Hopefully Ole will have learned a lot from that. The fact he dragged Lukaku suggests he probably has..

Unread 31-01-2019, 01:40 PM
barca99

He talked recently about the need to win trophies over top 4 - be interesting to see how he approaches the Chelsea cup game.

If Lukaku is in the starting line up he's lying.

Unread 01-02-2019, 08:00 PM
ziggyman17

During Solskjaer’s tenure, no side has won more points (19), scored more Premier League goals (19), had more shots (121), created more chances (87) or conceded fewer goals (6) than Manchester United

Are you not entertained..😎

Unread 01-02-2019, 08:01 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
During Solskjaer’s tenure, no side has won more points (19), scored more Premier League goals (19), had more shots (121), created more chances (87) or conceded fewer goals (6) than Manchester United

Long may his reign continue.

Unread 01-02-2019, 08:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

Long may his reign continue.
And Pogba is the most productive attacking player in Europe over the same period, I believe...

Unread 01-02-2019, 09:21 PM
red in cumbria

You can prove anything with stats

Unread 01-02-2019, 09:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17

Imagine how good we’d be with Harry Maguire in the side?
Closed Thread