United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-09-2022, 12:33 PM
windy waffles

Thumbs up Welcome to Wrexham

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney have made a documentary about their takeover of Wrexham from the moment they decided to buy it to the present day. Really enjoying it to be honest, they both seem like really decent guys but can't help but feel they won't be in it for the long haul. Ryan Reynolds is as £#%&!.

They have already admitted, outside of the doc, they need outside investment.

Unread 07-09-2022, 01:20 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Watched and enjoyed the first 2.

Unread 07-09-2022, 01:57 PM
windy waffles

Seeing Humphrey walk into the team meeting made me LOL. The decision to make him an executive due him knowing what football was...

Was almost like watching Louis Theoroux being appointed an executive.

Unread 07-09-2022, 02:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Seeing Humphrey walk into the team meeting made me LOL. The decision to make him an executive due him knowing what football was...

Was almost like watching Louis Theoroux being appointed an executive.
Bogart?

Unread 08-09-2022, 08:15 AM
Patty_b

Watched the first four last night, very much enjoying it. First two are worth watching for Keb Mo's cover and the intro alone.

Unread 08-09-2022, 09:10 AM
windy waffles

Love how they made it sound like they were signing Lionel Messi when they signed Paul Mullins.

Cambridge legend, however...

Unread 14-09-2022, 01:02 PM
AK14

Few episodes in and I’m enjoying it.

Both of them seem decent blokes and the one that isn’t Ryan Reynolds seems to really love what he’s doing, he’s sports mad isn’t he

Would be good if they draw Salford in the cup so we get to have a doc-off.

Unread 17-09-2022, 10:00 AM
dunk

Episode 7

Basically just them 2 @#%&!ting about.

Unread 17-09-2022, 05:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Episode 7

Basically just them 2 @#%&!ting about.
The show needed more of them. Too much focus on the Wrexham fans and their private lives which I couldn't give two shits about.

Unread 17-09-2022, 07:44 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
The show needed more of them. Too much focus on the Wrexham fans and their private lives which I couldn't give two shits about.
Guessing they wouldn’t want it to seem like it was all about McIlhenney and Reynolds and more that it was Wrexham’s story.

I’ve not got Disney+ so haven’t been able to watch it, but personally I’d be watching it for those two. A couple of funny entertaining lads make for better viewing than a bunch of miserable Welsh alcoholics.

Unread 17-09-2022, 07:59 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Guessing they wouldn’t want it to seem like it was all about McIlhenney and Reynolds and more that it was Wrexham’s story.

I’ve not got Disney+ so haven’t been able to watch it, but personally I’d be watching it for those two. A couple of funny entertaining lads make for better viewing than a bunch of miserable Welsh alcoholics.

Ive got a defo man crush on Ryan Reynolds. One cool mofo.

Read yesterday that they have actually bought the freehold for the Racecourse Stadium so fair £#%&!s to em.

Unread 17-09-2022, 08:48 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Watched the first 2 episodes and was bored shitless.

Unread 18-09-2022, 08:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Watched the first 2 episodes and was bored shitless.
same feedback I got from a mate whose a fan of both of them. I’m giving it a wide berth I think.

Unread 18-09-2022, 08:42 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
same feedback I got from a mate whose a fan of both of them. I’m giving it a wide berth I think.
Yes I like both. It's not them, it's the Wrexham public I found uninteresting. That landlord bloke, the two old women outside the caff, all so forced. The Sunderland one did it so much better.

Unread 18-09-2022, 09:18 AM
armchair

Yeah, the Sunderland one was far better.

Unread 18-09-2022, 09:43 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Yes I like both. It's not them, it's the Wrexham public I found uninteresting. That landlord bloke, the two old women outside the caff, all so forced. The Sunderland one did it so much better.
Yeah this was my gripe with it. Couldn't give a shit about them. Just give me Reynolds, Rob and Hugh and see their reactions when they need to spend £100k on a new pitch, please.

Unread 18-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Rorschach

I caught up with this last night (ep5-8) and am still enjoying it.

Had to laugh at the stupid @#%&! calling for the manager's head because they were only mid-table after 9 games.

I know one of the lads in the band has got/had cancer but if I hear that £#%&!ing "Less than a mile..." song again, I'm likely to stick my boot through the screen.

Can't beat a bit of Charlotte Church though, so I'm still on board.

Unread 18-09-2022, 12:04 PM
Ethers

Wrexham is an absolute shithole and full of @#%&!s.

Unread 18-09-2022, 12:05 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Quote from Ryan Reynolds?

Unread 18-09-2022, 01:47 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The programme does highlight this. Stoke with sheep.