United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
he needs to learn how to £#%&! off away from free kicks.
True.

Although, some other £#%&!er needs to show some %@#$&!s and insist on taking them.

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:51 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
True.

Although, some other £#%&!er needs to show some %@#$&!s and insist on taking them.
Young is better. why is rashford always taking them he's £#%&!kkkkk
pogba is better at them. £#%&! me if everybody is £#%&! at them, just cross it or pass it short. they're always terrible.

of course Bruno is great at them but we didn't want him eh...but that's none of my business.

Unread 28-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm all for it now. £#%&! it.

I'd rather a few young lads make mistakes and try their %@#$&!s off than a load of 'galacticos' on stupid money cry-arsing and huffing round the pitch every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Budget was £60-70m nett, it was spent, they looked at a few cheap options but they were a bit shit. Truth is unless some of these kids come good it's going to take 10 years to get the players we require on the current budget, so rather than loan them we need to play them, invest in them, and be patient. It's going be painful..

This I look forward to seeing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
James has done more in his 2 OT games than sanchez in 2 seasons.

Id rather spend money on mongs like him than dogs like sanchez.

was insane that we got sanchez considering his age and how he'd been playing.

Unread 28-08-2019, 07:40 AM
windy waffles

Deal agreed.

Inter have not agreed an option to buy at the end of the season, however....

Unread 28-08-2019, 07:51 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Deal agreed.

Inter have not agreed an option to buy at the end of the season, however....

Well it's good to know that utd will only be paying him £215,000 a week to play for someone else this season and he'll be back until July 2022 then and that the financial/football genius who put the deal in place is still captaining the ship.

Go Glazer Reds.....

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Well it's good to know that utd will only be paying him £215,000 a week to play for someone else this season and he'll be back until July 2022 then and that the financial/football genius who put the deal in place is still captaining the ship.

Go Glazer Reds.....
It is shocking stuff but no one knew just how poor he would prove to be. I think they had to get him out of the club purely for morale. Seeing someone pocketing that kind of coin for doing nothing was impacting other players.

Hopefully he wil do ok and put himself in the shop window for another club.

We are dangerously low on forward options now though. Is anyone available as a free agent?

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:04 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
It is shocking stuff but no one knew just how poor he would prove to be. I think they had to get him out of the club purely for morale. Seeing someone pocketing that kind of coin for doing nothing was impacting other players.

We are dangerously low on forward options now though. Is anyone available as a free agent?
Wilfred Bony.

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Wilfred Bony.
At Newport at the moment. It would just sum us up wouldnt it?

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
At Newport at the moment. It would just sum us up wouldnt it?
Apologies, Wikipedia still had him down as no club as did TransferMarket.

Llorente it is then. Or Ben Arfa. Or that Larvoikic who last at the dippers who can play up top.

Let's be honest, youth is all well and good, but we are desperately short on numbers. You'd hope we have someone lined up in January but no idea who...

Unread 28-08-2019, 08:14 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar

Yep.

I'm very surprised to hear people say there is no change in transfer policy.

I'd say it's quite clear there is. We're binning big lummoxes and refusing to bow to wage demands.

Herrera, fellaini, Lukaku, dybala, James, AWB, Sanchez all point to this in various ways.

We've said how we need to rid ourselves of shit@#%&!s or we'll just use them as a crutch. Sanchez a prime example. Because we MIGHT need him now is not a reason to pass up the chance to get rid.

The cost is that its leaving us very thin, but I'll take it all day long if it changes how we go about things in the long run.

This is a 5 window rebuild.

This window: purge and get players that want to be here.

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Cream

Quote:
Apologies, Wikipedia still had him down as no club as did TransferMarket.

Llorente it is then. Or Ben Arfa. Or that Larvoikic who last at the dippers who can play up top.

Let's be honest, youth is all well and good, but we are desperately short on numbers. You'd hope we have someone lined up in January but no idea who...
Big Zlat will be back in January.

Unread 28-08-2019, 09:09 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yep.

I'm very surprised to hear people say there is no change in transfer policy.

I'd say it's quite clear there is. We're binning big lummoxes and refusing to bow to wage demands.

Herrera, fellaini, Lukaku, dybala, James, AWB, Sanchez all point to this in various ways.

We've said how we need to rid ourselves of shit@#%&!s or we'll just use them as a crutch. Sanchez a prime example. Because we MIGHT need him now is not a reason to pass up the chance to get rid.

The cost is that its leaving us very thin, but I'll take it all day long if it changes how we go about things in the long run.

This is a 5 window rebuild.

This window: purge and get players that want to be here.
1. We do need him, preferably an improved version of him.
2. We are not rid of him, just paying him £215,000 a week to play for Inter this season.
3. Why are we paying a striker to play for someone else when we are desperately short of attacking players.
4. I really hope this is not "how we go about things in the long run"

Unread 28-08-2019, 12:37 PM
utd99

When you’re paying someone 200k per week and it’s just as likely they come back in May -one season older- as not, then you haven’t gotten rid of them at all have you? If we couldn’t properly move him on then we should have kept him and tried to get a tune out of him. No way he’s worse than what we are fielding now; he may play as badly, but he has the potential to be much, much better.

If he didn’t respond at all then we could easily have re-visited it in the winter window. Clubs are always looking out for players mid-season, and this shit sandwich of a deal would have still been on the table for sure; probably improved for clubs with injury problems.

Another awful decision.

Unread 28-08-2019, 12:42 PM
puressence

Has he gone yet

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I get that. But he would offer more than greenwood or any of the other youth.

I have nothing against greenwood . Seems like he isnt ready for first team football. Even having sanchez as a back up 4th choice strikee behind greenwood would better than not having him.

The squad is paper thin. Hopefully rashford and martial stay fit this year
Its more than individual stats on paper. It’s about sorting the dressing room dynamics and team spirit issues so the whole can improve. Changing the culture as ole calls it. Getting the poison out of the dressing room as soon as the opportunity arises, even if it leaves us short and risks negative results in the short run. Previous managers weren’t prepared to take that risk. It also solves an issue with future recruitment, as it’s clear the need for sales slows deals for new signings.

Quote:

Go Glazer Reds.....
Shows how toxic ole considers his presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
When you’re paying someone 200k per week and it’s just as likely they come back in May -one season older- as not, then you haven’t gotten rid of them at all have you? If we couldn’t properly move him on then we should have kept him and tried to get a tune out of him. No way he’s worse than what we are fielding now; he may play as badly, but he has the potential to be much, much better.
What if his presence is toxic and has a negative effect on the dressing room dynamic?

Ole has a battle to win in the dressing room or they’ll down tools and get him the sack. I’d say he sees the absence of sanches to be a positive step in that battle to change the dressing room dynamic/culture.

Quote:
If he didn’t respond at all then we could easily have re-visited it in the winter window.
Which would probably stall any deals for reinforcements during that window. Much as it probably did this past window.

If he’s injured in January or we couldn’t get a deal done for him then, it would be another window without someone being brought in. From a medium/long term view of making the necessary fundamental changes, it makes every sense to get rid as soon as the opportunity arises.

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
1. We do need him, preferably an improved version of him.
2. We are not rid of him, just paying him £215,000 a week to play for Inter this season.
3. Why are we paying a striker to play for someone else when we are desperately short of attacking players.
4. I really hope this is not "how we go about things in the long run"
1. We dont need him. We need somebody. We need rid of him more. This short-term crutch view is what is keeping the shit@#%&!s here.

2. It's a start. It's a reduction and its him out of the dressing room. The fact that is a small mercy shows what a dreadful deal it was in the first place.

3. Because he has no future at the club. He doesn't fit what the manager wants to do. This is an extension of point 1.

4. This sets the tone. The issue is not that we are getting rid. It's that we signed him in the first place.

We are sacrificing now to safeguard the long term.

I hope

Quote:

If he didn’t respond at all then we could easily have re-visited it in the winter window. Clubs are always looking out for players mid-season, and this shit sandwich of a deal would have still been on the table for sure; probably improved for clubs with injury problems.

Another awful decision.
Lot of 'ifs' and 'maybes' in there.

We always knew shifting him would be tough and a loan was somewhat likely.

If there's a chance to take it, it's a tough one to pass off

Given him form and injury record, I'd say it's far more likely he'd be stinking up the joint and harder to shift in six months than he would have any positive impact.

It's a shit situation and far from ideal. Blame the signing in the first place. One of the worst we've ever made.

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:54 PM
shenwen

Did someone actually post about Sanchez having “potential”?

Wow.

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:58 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Another awful decision.
Also, 99ers, I remember our conversation on Maguire where you were mentioning how we should trust Ole's judgement, as someone who sees him more thoroughly than we do.

He's seen enough of Sanchez this summer to allow him to leave, despite being short up front.

If we are to offer him a certain level of trust on incoming players, we surely have to for departures too.

Unread 28-08-2019, 02:50 PM
ScarFace

I absolutely love dogs.

I'd kick his though right up the arse. Go ON, GET THE £#%&! OUT !

Unread 28-08-2019, 02:51 PM
redhegemony

He was number one on most people's lists to go - ok 2 after Fellani. He's very very hard to get rid of because of the wages - he's now half way out of the door.

If Ole didn't want to play him we're saving 175k per week and it opens up a slot in the squad...why would anyone complain?
Closed Thread