United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:03 PM
Tronics

it doesn’t get spoken about more than it should cause they have so many fans in the media

but bloody hell how bad are they? if Klopp walks they will implode 100%

they don’t have much money, they won’t get a lot for Salah at his age, Mane isn’t better than Neymar no matter how much they say he is and their recent signings have been flops, including Thiago

what a joy to see them like this, the most insufferable fanbase in world football outside of Arsenal and Barca fans imo

Unread 07-03-2021, 09:51 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
1938, we were also promoted from the 2nd division.

Nofers attended his 1st game the following season.

PS, the blue noses were also the divisions top scorers when they went down.
There were no games the following season you plank, the war that claimed my grandfathers life started

Unread 07-03-2021, 09:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
it doesn’t get spoken about more than it should cause they have so many fans in the media

but bloody hell how bad are they? if Klopp walks they will implode 100%

they don’t have much money, they won’t get a lot for Salah at his age, Mane isn’t better than Neymar no matter how much they say he is and their recent signings have been flops, including Thiago

what a joy to see them like this, the most insufferable fanbase in world football outside of Arsenal and Barca fans imo
Good post to keep the WUM going.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Coracao

His team selection today was straight up mental Especially given they are 2 up on Leipzig.

A Chelsea win tomorrow and it is 7 pt deficit with 10 games left. And a couple of others above them have a game in hand.

They will need some luck to win the CL, give how bad they are looking.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:17 PM
tatty

I can't remember ever seeing a team go from so good to so bad, so quickly.

It makes no sense to me.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

It makes no sense to me.
Injuries

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:23 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
There were no games the following season you plank, the war that claimed my grandfathers life started
Why, what happened mate?

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:28 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
There were. Only a few tho.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:38 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
There were. Only a few tho.

I knew somebody would check (or know).

My money was on riccers.

Unread 08-03-2021, 12:05 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:

It makes no sense to me.
The trajectory of Klopp's Dortmund is strikingly similar - when they imploded, they imploded totally

Unread 08-03-2021, 12:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

It makes no sense to me.
It was always a castle made on sand type thing. Klopp extracted incredible performances from a decent but largely unremarkable bunch - all momentum and belief rather than actual ability. When they lost that belief, they became what they truly are. Unremarkable.

Fair play to klopp for driving that - but it’s unsustainable and there’s very little foundation there when it goes to shit.

Unread 08-03-2021, 12:46 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
There was a full season you #@&%!.

Unread 08-03-2021, 01:03 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
There was a full season in 38/39.

The season after was cut short...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939–4...ed_F.C._season

Unread 08-03-2021, 03:02 AM
jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
His team selection today was straight up mental Especially given they are 2 up on Leipzig.

A Chelsea win tomorrow and it is 7 pt deficit with 10 games left. And a couple of others above them have a game in hand.

They will need some luck to win the CL, give how bad they are looking.
Shame the second leg isn't at anfield

Unread 08-03-2021, 08:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoli
didn’t city win the title one season and go down the next....about 100 years ago

if they dont get cl next season be a fire sale at liverpool . will proper £#%&! em over financially . cant see a cl final with the defence as bad as it is ..

Unread 09-03-2021, 07:15 AM
Danoli

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp retains the full support of the club's owner, Fenway Sports Group, despite their recent poor form. (Times - subscription required)

Vote of confidence from the owners

Unread 09-03-2021, 11:10 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp retains the full support of the club's owner, Fenway Sports Group, despite their recent poor form. (Times - subscription required)

Vote of confidence from the owners
It's highly unlikely to happen, but IF they lose to Liepzig tomorrow & go out of the CL, the fallout would be lovely to see.

Unread 09-03-2021, 02:02 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
It's highly unlikely to happen, but IF they lose to Liepzig tomorrow & go out of the CL, the fallout would be lovely to see.
Leipzig are bang in form and had a bit of an off day last time. If they score the 1st goal you never know....

Unread 09-03-2021, 02:59 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Not sure where Leeds finished in 92/93 but I'm pretty sure they didn't win an away game all season
Leeds were pretty abysmal that season.
Closed Thread