United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:23 PM
Patty_b

Seems a tad unfair to criticising a players performance 35 minutes before the game even kicks off.

He had a good game the other night, and its possible that he's been training well too.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Ethers

Jamo about to prove a few people wrong tonight. He’s back to his best. Deal with it

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:24 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that 4-1

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Seems a tad unfair to criticising a players performance 35 minutes before the game even kicks off.

He had a good game the other night, and its possible that he's been training well too.
I think the concern is based more on what we’ve seen from him on a regular basis. I’m more surprised that a decent turn in a europa game has seen a complete change of tune towards a player nobody wanted anywhere near the side up to a week ago.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
As a £40m player expected to be a regular starter, I would expect he would, yes.

It was more a flippant remark that he Ole seems to can’t wait to get James in, and can’t wait to get Donny out. I hope we can move past this.
James has barely played for us this season. I’d hardly say starting a couple of games in late February indicates that Ole can’t wait to start him.

The Welsh Messi, or Wessi (coined by bunks, I believe).

Tuco

Martial and Matic.. £#%&! off

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Did a good job defensively as well, doesn't hurt having his pace tracking back against a team trying to hit us on the counter attack.
no, he didn't.

we'd be much better off playing mata and/or greenwood and telling wan b to stay the £#%&! in his own half.

Ethers

Quote:
I think the concern is based more on what we’ve seen from him on a regular basis. I’m more surprised that a decent turn in a europa game has seen a complete change of tune towards a player nobody wanted anywhere near the side up to a week ago.
Are you ok? Why is this bothering you so much?

Maybe, just maybe, it’s based on more than just that? Maybe Ole is working from a place of slightly more knowledge than Dr Stringer off the Internet.

jem

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Martial and Matic.. £#%&! off

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
He hasn't played on a regular basis this season, and the last time we saw him play, he played well.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
James has barely played for us this season. I’d hardly say starting a couple of games in late February indicates that Ole can’t wait to start him.

The Welsh Messi, or Wessi (coined by bunks, I believe).
He’s started him a few times this season when form and alternatives pointed elsewhere.

Like I say, nobody wanted him anywhere near the 11 a week ago.

Surprised he’s been picked, hope he does well.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:28 PM
Knockers

I just don’t get the hate for James. He’s fast as £#%&! and has contributed to loads of goals if I remember correctly. He’s not Ronaldinho. So what? Who is?

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Maybe, just maybe, it’s based on more than just that? Maybe Ole is working from a place of slightly more knowledge than Dr Stringer off the Internet.

Quote:
He’s started him a few times this season when form and alternatives pointed elsewhere.

Like I say, nobody wanted him anywhere near the 11 a week ago.

Surprised he’s been picked, hope he does well.
I have always liked James and felt the criticism was unjustified.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
He hasn't played on a regular basis this season, and the last time we saw him play, he played well.
He doesn’t start regularly, but the majority of his cameos and starts end more often than not in disappointment.

I seem to have stepped into some weird parallel universe where one the most maligned players in the squad is popular again.

Oh well. Made my point. Hope the lad does well.

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

What worries me isn't the inclusion of Daniel James.

It's the two sideways passing traffic cones in the middle of the pitch. We're going to have the lions share of the ball today, do we really need to start both the serbian lamp post and only brazilian in the history of football who kicks the ball like he's wearing diving flippers?

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:33 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

It's the two sideways passing traffic cones in the middle of the pitch. We're going to have the lions share of the ball today, do we really need to start both the serbian lamp post and only brazilian in the history of football who kicks the ball like he's wearing diving flippers?
Second. Anderson was as bad around the box

Unread 21-02-2021, 07:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Second. Anderson was as bad around the box
Fred makes anderson look like £#%&!ing Romario

Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

We’re just talking about the 11. We do it on every match thread, and usually have our gripes. Is that ok?

I don’t doubt Ole knows far more than me, so I guess by that logic that’s the end of us debating any decision he’s ever involved in from this point forward.

I’m surprised James is starting given his general performance level for us this season. Really nothing more to it than that. Shall we move on?

Vida_15

lindelof against their 2 CF's makes me a bit nervous after seeing him getting bullied that last couple of matches

wish he would have stayed with Henderson in goal

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

It’s obviously to deal with Professor Xavier Shelvey and Longstaff when he comes on to try and score his usual goal against us.