United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:04 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
there’s a lot of penalties and a 9-0 in their tbf but okay i get your point

i just think some of our fans will be in for a rude awakening next season if we have the same midfield and tactics but we swap Martial for another striker

Martial’s approach and body language leaves a lot of be desired but i can’t think of many stonewall “sitters” he has missed this season

we simply do not create enough chances for them to score
If you asked me which positions are manchester united most in dire need of an upgrade first i'd say Centre half and then i'd say centre midfield. The strikers aren't really the biggest issue right now.

The defence is shambolic and the central midfield without pogba is painfully average.

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:06 AM
The taste of...

SOP and Big Dion calling out Fraudy Tone VVG2C

Oust him Ole.

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:41 AM
armchair

Unread 22-02-2021, 01:01 AM
otbarney

There's some right moaning @#%&!s on the matchday thread.

Unread 22-02-2021, 01:05 AM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If you asked me which positions are manchester united most in dire need of an upgrade first i'd say Centre half and then i'd say centre midfield. The strikers aren't really the biggest issue right now.

The defence is shambolic and the central midfield without pogba is painfully average.
Most certainly have to strengthen the spine of the group because it’s just soft and doesn’t produce goals or gives up shit easy goals

Unread 22-02-2021, 08:09 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He couldn't pass water but love the lad.

Unread 22-02-2021, 09:25 AM
NedKelly

Woke up feeling positive after a vital 3 points were secured. Reminded me of one of those old school games under Fergie where we don’t play great but we do what is necessary.

I feel a bit sorry for the guys coming on here to moan about individual players etc., as it looks like they’re unable to enjoy the win and that makes me question why they come on this forum.

Unread 22-02-2021, 10:15 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
Most certainly have to strengthen the spine of the group because it’s just soft and doesn’t produce goals or gives up shit easy goals
think scott is upthere with any midfielder for goals scored

Unread 22-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Jethro

Pulling apart how we're top scorers

Who gives a shit

Unread 22-02-2021, 10:54 AM
programmes?

Quote:

i just think some of our fans will be in for a rude awakening next season if we have the same midfield and tactics but we swap Martial for another striker

Martial’s approach and body language leaves a lot of be desired but i can’t think of many stonewall “sitters” he has missed this season

It's not about missing sitters. He is never in the position to miss them, that's the point.

Apart from Cavani, we do not have a forward who is pushing the last defender, is on his shoulder, making sure the centre half is always unsure of where he is. It's too easy for the defenders to face up and stop our attackers, because they start from outside the box and run at them. We have no-one to whip crosses into, between the keeper and defensive line. Granted, Cavani is capable, but he's not playing every game.

Unread 22-02-2021, 11:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Pulling apart how we're top scorers

Who gives a shit
Some are trolls , some are shite wums, some want ole to fail so they could say “I told you so” . The state of football fans today. If you don’t enjoy it , simple stop watching it. 2nd in the league top scorers, and playing the best football in the last ten years.

Sure there’s room for lots of improvement , but that’s part of the journey. Some people are like , oh we arent clear by 10 points in his second season, he’s a shit p.e teacher.

Despite the only team above us spending about 200-300 million more than us

I’ve just checked it , pep guardiola has spent 832 million since he became Man City manager. 832 million he has spent on that squad

Unread 22-02-2021, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:

He missed about 3 against Leeds.

Unread 22-02-2021, 12:32 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
It's not about missing sitters. He is never in the position to miss them, that's the point.

Completely this. Missing sitters takes effort. Tone doesn't do effort.

Unread 22-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Vida_15

Unread 22-02-2021, 08:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
There's some right moaning @#%&!s on the matchday thread.
Twas always thus, and wouldn't have it any other way tbh.