United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-12-2023, 11:32 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Is that me or Keys?

Also, racist - reported.

Unread 17-12-2023, 11:38 PM
Gordon Hill

It's a shame nobody@skysports pointed that to Van(whatever the rest of bloody name is) because his face would have been an absolute picture if they had

Unread 18-12-2023, 01:46 AM
Dacter

Really, really, REALLY pleased with that performance and result.

Yes, we were unadventurous in our attacking. Yes, Scott The Scottish Player proved unequivocally that he isn’t fit to be to our main attacking midfielder. Yes, Amrabat looks like he could be beaten for pace by roadkill.

But in a game where the most important things were concentration, organisation, effort and togetherness I think those lads came up trumps today.

Against teams managed by non-neurotypical #@&%!s like Klopp and Guardiola, you know you’ve had them over when they spend the entire evening after the game whinging about being the only one’s trying and not getting what they deserved.

They were shite, a large part of that was because we were solid and resolute, and they got pissy about not being able to do exactly what they wanted.

£#%&! the Scouse bastards, £#%&! every last one of the unusual freaks.

United

Unread 18-12-2023, 02:27 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

Yes, we were unadventurous in our attacking. Yes, Scott The Scottish Player proved unequivocally that he isn’t fit to be to our main attacking midfielder. Yes, Amrabat looks like he could be beaten for pace by roadkill.

But in a game where the most important things were concentration, organisation, effort and togetherness I think those lads came up trumps today.

Against teams managed by non-neurotypical #@&%!s like Klopp and Guardiola, you know you’ve had them over when they spend the entire evening after the game whinging about being the only one’s trying and not getting what they deserved.

They were shite, a large part of that was because we were solid and resolute, and they got pissy about not being able to do exactly what they wanted.

United
Yeah klopp and guardiola are always full of compliments about managers and teams who turn up and play like naive idiots against them

Dare I say it Jose would have been proud of that today.

Unread 18-12-2023, 03:16 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah klopp and guardiola are always full of compliments about managers and teams who turn up and play like naive idiots against them

Dare I say it Jose would have been proud of that today.
Yeah I knew the toys would come out of the pram from the scousers for not just letting them play. We definitely restored some pride with that performance,however tinged with a little frustration Garnacho and Hojlund couldn't take those chances. Think if Rasmus has some league goals behind him he scores that.

Unread 18-12-2023, 05:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Yeah I knew the toys would come out of the pram from the scousers for not just letting them play. We definitely restored some pride with that performance,however tinged with a little frustration Garnacho and Hojlund couldn't take those chances. Think if Rasmus has some league goals behind him he scores that.
Given hes left footed its all the more perplexing he didn't try curling it in first time.

Unread 18-12-2023, 07:46 AM
Patty_b

Can't remember going to Anfield and ripping them to shreds, or even coming out looking like the better team even when we were the best team in the world.

Going there and getting a point with the form they're in and with our team where they are is a brilliant result. Individual and team performances, desire, intent etc etc can £#%&! off out of the window. It's the result that matters and we're happy with it, and they're seething. Wonderful stuff.

Better result than any of our previous wins this season and must put more belief into the team that despite being absolutely ravaged by injuries, out of form, our best player banned and our highest paid player dropped, we can still go there and work hard for a result no one expected us to get.

Roll on the rest of the season.

Unread 18-12-2023, 07:49 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Can't remember going to Anfield and ripping them to shreds, or even coming out looking like the better team even when we were the best team in the world.

Whilst I don’t disagree with most of it, we completely outplayed them in these wins:

96-97 - Cole fluffed a 1 on 1 at the end 3-1 up.
97-98
99-2000
07-08

To echo the sentiment though, i’ll always take a point there unless we need to beat them in a title race like 98-99 or because I think we’re the best around like 07-08.

Unread 18-12-2023, 07:55 AM
CyrilSkeer

That was the game in May 99 where that utter @#%&! David Ellary sent off Irwin for 2 yellows, the second being an absolute joke decision and he missed the FA Cup final as a result. Probably where that weak chinned sack of piss from yesterday got his inspiration from to send off Dalot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
“They were buzzing with a point”

Oh the shame, eh?

Unread 18-12-2023, 08:54 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Going there and getting a point with the form they're in and with our team where they are is a brilliant result. Individual and team performances, desire, intent etc etc can £#%&! off out of the window. It's the result that matters and we're happy with it, and they're seething. Wonderful stuff.

Better result than any of our previous wins this season and must put more belief into the team that despite being absolutely ravaged by injuries, out of form, our best player banned and our highest paid player dropped, we can still go there and work hard for a result no one expected us to get.

Roll on the rest of the season.
Juanfield

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:02 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

United
Well said, mate.

The “only one team tried to win” argument has never held any weight. You can’t don Christmas jumpers mocking a 7-0 thrashing less than a year ago and then moan when that team tries to put it right. And you can’t beat them. If we’re such a laughing stock, you should have no problems beating us.

I don’t think any United fan is ‘celebrating’ in the way they’re suggesting either. Most seem more pleased with how pissed off they are at not winning

The reason its satisfactory is that the team showed something that 90% of us, myself included, didn’t think they were capable of doing. We showed a bit of character, a discipline we haven’t seen in a big away fixture and took a bit of pride after that 7-0 last season.

Most teams would take a point there too. Arsenal are there next and are top of the league. they’d take a drab 0-0 right now if you offered it to them.

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:04 AM
believe

I’m reading across different threads that that was a good performance yesterday yes the result is great considering we were going to get hammered but we were absolutely shite from front to back barring a semi decent performance from Mainoo and possibly Garnacho.

Liverpool £#%&!ed themselves by playing like they were going to beat us 7-0 from the kick off but I hope we never play like that again this season.

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:05 AM
magic_cantona

Again, another totally baffling sending off for something I don't think I've ever seen. I mean, yes, I've seen players get sent off for going well over the top with dissent and the ref will ask the player to calm it and a minute later, the players gone back for another go and has then been sent off but Dalots was crazy. Was our ball, in the dying seconds and he was pissed out with the decision and gobbed off. You can't do him for saying two things in the same rant though And I fully expected the @#%&!s to score seeing as their past 6 points have come gift wrapped from the officials.

Delighted to see Klopp spewing. As has already been said, he's a patronising @#%&! who slaps managers on the back and pays them huge compliments when they've turned up and totally played into Liverpools hands. £#%&! them. We were on our absolute bear bones and deserved a point. It was United reserves B ffs. Its not massive because we don't know what United will show up vs Villa but surely ETH now sees the importance of Mainoo+Amrabat against quality opposition?

Liverpool have utterly scabbed results and we even had the best chances yesterday. We were controlled and calm. Fair play. We didn't celebrate like Ince after a 2-2 draw and hopefully we can progress now. Marvellous. And the famous Anfield atmosphere was once again exposed as absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:06 AM
Patty_b

Turns out my memories shit ...

Was never an easy place to go even when we were flying and they were crap. Getting a point when form and players available are taking into account is huge.

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m reading across different threads that that was a good performance yesterday yes the result is great considering we were going to get hammered but we were absolutely shite from front to back barring a semi decent performance from Mainoo and possibly Garnacho.

Liverpool £#%&!ed themselves by playing like they were going to beat us 7-0 from the kick off but I hope we never play like that again this season.
It felt like a means to an end. We simply had to play that way to stand a chance it was good to see us taking a pragmatic approach. With better quality in the final third, we’d have nicked it too. The ‘good performance’ aspects were the basics we’ve been badly missing in those games, but the performance level with the ball wasn’t great.

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:14 AM
Bunker Buster

Buzzing with a draw....

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Leaving aside the Bournemouth game, we’ve looked pretty difficult to play against, vs Ncstle, Chelsea @nd the rats. All different types of games and contradictory elements. Chelsea often strolled through us, but lost. Open game . Newcastle nor Liverpool looked like scoring despite dominating. Two away games against decent sides and one vs Chelsea where the onus was on us to break through. We played with 9 men at Newcastle and 11 injured vs dippers. If we actually had just one striker, with the team pulling together, even allowing for absentees, we’d be in the mix. Not serious title threats but with a few astute additions, we’re not far off Arse, Liverpool. Just get rid of Martial, Rashford and t shit@#%&!s

Unread 18-12-2023, 09:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

It was good compared to what was expected.

We looked shambolic at times, but still restricted them to pretty shit chances. We had lots of opportunities to hit them on the transition, and with better decisions/execution we should have scored at least once. We even forced them to make tactical changes at one point.

When people are worrying about how many we were going to get beaten by going into the game, that’s going to feel like a good performance in comparison.