United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Marvel7

Default What's it gonna take

After a magnificent victory against the mighty West Bromwich Albion, there I signs of positivity from David Moyes. I have stated in other threads what I need to see to start to support him again. What do other fans want/need to see in order for them to get behind Moyes?

None of this negative shit like 'Moyes is a @#%&!' 'hope he dies' 'Moyes is cancer' blah blah blah, none of that telling us why he will fail or why he is a @#%&!, just outline exactly what you want or need to see to begin to change your mind and get behind him.

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:40 PM
red in cumbria

Beat Liverpool and draw with ciddy (too much to expect to beat both, surely) and I will grudgingly give him until the end of the season

As far as midweek is concerned, I will settle just for us not disgracing ourselves (again)

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:44 PM
dunk

I worry he's going to get us in the Europa league

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Zorg

A complete and utter revolution in the approach he has taken to football throughout his entire management career.

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A complete and utter revolution in the approach he has taken to football throughout his entire management career.
Well, yeah

But beating the Vermin would be a decent first step

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Crumps

If for

DDG

Raf Smalling Jones Pat

Fellaini Carrick

Mata Rooney Januzaj

RVP

Three attacking midfielders can be chopped an changed at will and it should be a case of poor game you are benched until you prove yourself in training. Same with the forwards, although there will be a lot of support the movement of the 1 is vital.

Smalling and Jones need as much experience together as possible. Carrick and Fellaini need to sort out their partnership, even if we but in the summer them 2 having an understanding of each other's game could be key. The football that front 4 is capable of playing in only rivalled by a handful of teams in world football, you also have Nani, Young, Kagawa, Welbz and at a push Clev and Tony V but I feel they may be a bit too rigid or will play a bit deep for it.

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Pop

Win all the remaining games and the European Cup final playing scintilating attacking and passing football and I'll get behind Moyes at his new club next season.

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If for

DDG

Raf Smalling Jones Pat

Fellaini Carrick

Mata Rooney Januzaj

RVP

Three attacking midfielders can be chopped an changed at will and it should be a case of poor game you are benched until you prove yourself in training. Same with the forwards, although there will be a lot of support the movement of the 1 is vital.

Smalling and Jones need as much experience together as possible. Carrick and Fellaini need to sort out their partnership, even if we but in the summer them 2 having an understanding of each other's game could be key. The football that front 4 is capable of playing in only rivalled by a handful of teams in world football, you also have Nani, Young, Kagawa, Welbz and at a push Clev and Tony V but I feel they may be a bit too rigid or will play a bit deep for it.

Disagree. It'll never work with Rooney and RvP IMO.

Unread 08-03-2014, 05:23 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

round to get a job as manager of port vale, lumsden to just £#%&! off, pnev to work with the u18 and appoint some quality european coaching staff, which is what he should have done from day 1

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Why?

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:12 PM
ryanMUFC

It's gonna take time, a whole lot of precious time.

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:16 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Yeah, it was shit last season.

Continuity is the key. 42 different starting XIs so far this season.
Need to keep with the side that started today as much as possible until the end of the season.

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
6 years sounds about right

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Why?
Because Rooney is not a number 10, he can't play just floating behind a striker playing little balls through, he is no good at it. So he either plays too high up the field and he and Van Persie clash and leave us with just the option to go wide, or he drops deeper and deeper to get involved leaving too big a gap between him and Van Persie and again leaving us with only the option to go wide and play aimless balls into just Van Persie.

Van Persie is a striker that has the ability to drop off and create space for forward runs from a true number 10 or attacking midfielders, he would be no good playing deep permanently.

Rooney is a striker that has the ability to drop off and create space for forward runs from a true number 10 or attacking midfielders, he is no good playing deep permanently.

Playing Rooney as a true number 10 is just square pegs. His best seasons for us have been when he has played up top or played out wide. Playing Rooney as a number 10 is like playing Kagawa on the wing or Smalling at right back, they can do a job but that's it.

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Yeah, it was shit last season.
The key to sarcasm is when your point is not true. Van Persie was magnificent last season. Rooney was shit last season. The Van Persie and Rooney partnership/combination play was virtually non existent apart from the odd Rooney pass over the top. Do you honestly believe what you saw last season was a great partnership? Or to that point do you think United played much decent football last season?

Unread 08-03-2014, 07:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
this, obviously.

£#%&!ing hell, we won today, but let's not get carried away, eh?

moyes would have to change his whole personality or else the players would have to decide to ignore him.

Unread 08-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Aman27deep

Either win the champions league, or get 4th and I'll gladly give him the next season.

Unread 08-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Bludgeon the glazers to death, and I'd be happy for him to see out his contract.

Unread 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
And money , a whole lot of spending money

Unread 08-03-2014, 08:56 PM
jem

got my mind set on klopp.
Closed Thread