United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:07 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This isn't a thing ? You can't have a 3 month break on a winning run..
It's always been a thing

Arsenal's 49 match unbeaten run was over 2 seasons which beat the previous record set by Notts Forest in the late 70s which was also over 2 seasons

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:12 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looks like the press have been briefed.

Loads running with similar stories of Ole facing the sack if we suffer a heavy defeat to Liverpool and that he’s blaming the players.

So here we go again.
He has to take the blame too but, absolutely, the players have to take the blame. They haven't performed for God knows how long - they are pushing managers under the bus.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He has to take the blame too but, absolutely, the players have to take the blame. They haven't performed for God knows how long - they are pushing managers under the bus.
Why are so many getting new contracts?

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:18 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Why are so many getting new contracts?
Because it's cheaper than buying new players...

And a stance which could see us relegated.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:21 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
The players should take the majority of the blame along with the board at this point. It’s becoming ever-clearer that our managers hold little to no sway over the squad, as they know they can run to Woodward should things not go their way.

Let’s be honest as well, throwing a manager under the bus indicates the players could perform better if they wanted to; I genuinely think the majority of our squad are as shit as they look.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:26 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The players should take the majority of the blame along with the board at this point. It’s becoming ever-clearer that our managers hold little to no sway over the squad, as they know they can run to Woodward should things not go their way.

Let’s be honest as well, throwing a manager under the bus indicates the players could perform better if they wanted to; I genuinely think the majority of our squad are as shit as they look.
Whilst I do agree with this, they should still be capable of beating teams such as Rochdale, Newcastle and Crystal Palace.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Vedder

Can we just start again? From the conference. Whole club needs gutting ffs

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:28 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Whilst I do agree with this, they should still be capable of beating teams such as Rochdale, Newcastle and Crystal Palace.
As others have said though, you take out Martial, Pogba, Maguire, De Gea and AWB, and you’re looking at a championship team. Three of those are currently no where to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Can we just start again? From the conference. Whole club needs gutting ffs
Would be nice if Fergie walked into the next conference, sat down laughing and said “got ya”. But the truth is, he really did think Moyes was going to work out.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
I’ve been saying he should be backed until the Summer; that was with the understanding that perhaps the club really was invested in taking a slower but more worthwhile approach. As it is, I don’t think Ole is the guy to beat the board, so to speak. Because that’s what it’s going to take.

If he goes, it doesn’t matter who we get in. We might have a slight upturn, but eventually the results will start turning to shite again and the lack of character in our squad will shine through.

I hope all the people who have been so quick to turn on OGS realise that even if they get their wish, absolutely nothing is changing. We will never be at the top with Woodward running the show. Just look at the spineless way he operates, one minute putting out the clubs full backing to Ole, yet the next day all of these articles start appearing twisting the knife into him. I love United, and I always will, but right now I really don’t like us.
I think we need get really lucky, because that’s the only way we’ll be successful again under this ownership. A manager to come in and galvanise the current squad, improve them and be able to work within the budget and under people like Woodward and Judge... a perfect storm of luck

I was hoping it would be Ole, but it doesn’t look like it will be sadly and like a few of us said when Mourinho was sacked, there was quite a big probability that woody and co would do the same to Ole. They failed to fully back him in the summer and allowed the squad to be gutted with out replacements, Ole was always going to be fighting a losing battle this season.

Until either the glazers shit the bed at seeing their cash cow in jeopardy and completely restructure the football side of the club or they sell up and take woody and co with them then not much is going to change.

Unread 08-10-2019, 10:57 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
As others have said though, you take out Martial, Pogba, Maguire, De Gea and AWB, and you’re looking at a championship team. Three of those are currently no where to be seen.

Would be nice if Fergie walked into the next conference, sat down laughing and said “got ya”. But the truth is, he really did think Moyes was going to work out.
Even with them in the team we have still played like a championship team tbf.

I'm excluding Maguire and AWB from the list as I think they have been great signings but they are playing with a bunch of lazy b*stards.

Unread 08-10-2019, 05:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
But the truth is, he really did think Moyes was going to work out
Which is why it should *never* have been his - effectively unilateral - decision in the first place.

Unread 27-10-2019, 10:08 PM
armchair

Unread 28-10-2019, 12:08 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Newcastle away was hopefully the nadir.

Unread 28-10-2019, 12:14 AM
Jack Duckworth

team ole

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:08 PM
barca99

Lets not waste another 2 or 3 years.

Get him out the second any half decent manager becomes availible

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Lets not waste another 2 or 3 years.

Get him out the second any half decent manager becomes availible
Awful call.

He was shockingly poor today though.

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:15 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Awful call.

He has limited resources but his management of the squad has been very poor it must be said.

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Awful call.

Good subs, far too late though, Fred should have been off from 60 minutes..

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good subs, far too late though, Fred should have been off from 60 minutes..
We needed quality behind the front three and he brought on Lingard.

Unread 02-11-2019, 06:25 PM
puressence

Lingers did more in his 25 mins than. Perrera in 65. Fact
Closed Thread