United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:54 PM
armchair

Spirit of 99

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
he's in both boxes all the time.

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:55 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I didn't even jump up and cheer when Onana saved it. Not because I wasn't happy, but i was waiting for VAR and these dippy Italian officials to intervene and make them take the £#%&!ing thing again.

Honestly, that was one of the softest pens you'll see given at any stage of a game, The Scottish Player barely brushed the guy who flung himself on the ground. Add to that Hojlund getting shoved over when through on goal and Rashford being pole-axed by the keeper despite being onside and the officials just sort of ignoring it - you begin to wonder are we the victims of some kind of gypsy curse. I mean how many penalties have we conceded in the first 12 games of the season? It's absolutely crazy. I think we've given one away every single game in the champions league.

Anyway, another game we should have had dead and buried going into the last 15 mins if we didn't have absolute wasters up front. Honestly, how on earth a group of international footballers conspire to mis-control and £#%&! up so many opportunities is beyond me. It's like watching some of my mates at 5 a side chasing after their touch with some of them.

Rashford looks absolutely lost, doesn't know what to do with himself. His tactic of running head first into everything and just shooting has got him nowhere so he's fresh out of ideas now. Garnacho comes on, gives the ball away for fun and then proceeds to do the same thing as Rashford, The Scottish Player somehow slices the ball wide from about 7 yards out infront of an open goal.

I despair, i really do. Show me a more out of form set of forwards in the entire league, they all look utterly bereft.

Unread 25-10-2023, 06:25 AM
shenwen

Can't beat the buzz of a last second penalty save, but is a scrappy win at home against FC Copenhagen really where we are at right now? Starting to feel like it.

Unread 25-10-2023, 08:36 AM
wiganste

We're a bit shit aren't we?

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:29 AM
Dr Stranger

The microwave ping

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We're a bit shit aren't we?
Atleast hojlund has been bright since he has joined

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Well that’s the tough run of Brentford, Sheffield United and Copenhagen out the way. Three horrific performances, but three wins. Yay.

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:46 AM
Vincent Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Atleast hojlund has been bright since he has joined
You can see him slowly becoming more lethargic and disinterested. Doesn’t even look as quick as he did a few weeks ago.

It’s pretty clear the toxic tentacles of Carrington are getting to him.

Unread 25-10-2023, 09:49 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Chase
You can see him slowly becoming more lethargic and disinterested. Doesn’t even look as quick as he did a few weeks ago.

It’s pretty clear the toxic tentacles of Carrington are getting to him.
Didn’t know what a games console was when he arrived. Now he’s got a PS5 and a Switch.

Unread 25-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Can't beat the buzz of a last second penalty save, but is a scrappy win at home against FC Copenhagen really where we are at right now? Starting to feel like it.
Don't forget the scrappy win at home against Brentford

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Hate winning, it's awful isn't it....

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Sheik JaBooty

Won a lot of games under Solskjaer in the Covid season too. Makes you wonder what on earth people were worried about.

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:40 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
£#%&!ing brilliant (again)

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:52 AM
Sparky***

Sensational

Unread 25-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Everything this guy says lands.

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Dalot is £#%&!ing shit. Even when he was apparently playing well he was straining every sinew to be average ffs.

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dalot is £#%&!ing shit. Even when he was apparently playing well he was straining every sinew to be average ffs.
You knew as soon as Eriksen came on and we started attempting to be more expansive we'd be absolutely wide open at the back. Happens every game more or less.

Decent teams will continue to score hatfuls against us because our players apparently haven't got the slightest clue how to do basic defending.

Unread 25-10-2023, 01:18 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Superb. Gavisconana

Unread 25-10-2023, 01:20 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It's nothing we didn't already know. He's our best option at right back when going forward but not defensively, and AWB is the opposite. When AWB is back fit then I reckon they'll just be rotated by ETH for what he thinks is best for relevant game.

If life was fair it'd be accepted that they both only really count as half a player each and let us play both as one player.