United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2022, 07:06 AM
Patty_b

Default Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest : Official Premier League Matchday Thread 27/12/2022 @ 8.00pm

[SIZE="5"]Team News:

Quote:
Speaking first on the already-returned United players who competed in the Middle East, Erik told club media: ''The feeling is good. The players from the World Cup are back, are integrated again and you feel they are excited.

''[They had] massive impressions there [in Qatar], but now they are back, and you feel their energy.

''They are looking forward to the restart [of the Premier League].''

Maguire - who performed valiantly for England during the Three Lions' run to the quarter-finals - is expected to be back for the arrival of Steve Cooper's men on Tuesday evening.

Ten Hag provided an update on the captain's return while speaking to club media on Friday, as well as adding that he is hopeful of Martinez and Varane also being back soon.

''We had some problems with illness like Harry Maguire, but he was back on the training pitch today so I’m happy with that,'' the boss added.

''Returning from Rapha Varane and Licha Martinez, they are not there [back at United] but we hope on their comeback [soon].''

[SIZE="4"]Man United:

Out: Varane, Martinez (away from club),

Doubts: Dalot

[SIZE="4"]Notts Forest:

Out: Dean Henderson (ineligible), Omar Richards, Cheikhou Kouyate, Moussa Niakhate and Guilian Biancone

Doubts: Serge Aurier and Morgan Gibbs-White

---------------------------------------------

[SIZE="4"]vBet Thread

Unread 27-12-2022, 07:23 AM
Stickman

Hopefully we get a first half goal and kill any struggling side gamesmanship.

Their second choice keeper being called upon has to be an advantage.

2-0

Goal in each half.

Unread 27-12-2022, 10:01 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 27-12-2022, 10:18 AM
Dr Stranger

We SHOULD be ok here. Good options, plenty of fresh players and a few hitting some good form.

Would like see Rashford left, Antony right and Martial up front. A lot of potential in that as a front three.

Is Dalot back?

Unread 27-12-2022, 10:24 AM
waynes ear's

god I hope Martinez plays and snaps Lingard

Unread 27-12-2022, 10:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Absolute cakewalk

3-0

Unread 27-12-2022, 10:47 AM
AK14

2-1 United.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:08 AM
Coracao

Hopefully start the game well and not in a malaise.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:24 AM
NedKelly

Hope Dean “the hat” Henderson has an absolute nightmare.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:26 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hope Dean “the hat” Henderson has an absolute nightmare.
Unable to find his seat and has to ask a steward?

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:27 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Unable to find his seat and has to ask a steward?
I hope my hands up here, I’ve had a bigger mare than he will.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I hope my hands up here, I’ve had a bigger mare than he will.
May be best holding them up pal. God ain't gonna rescue you on this one.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Jethro

Someone will bag a hat-trick

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:39 AM
Hyman_Roth

Should piss it. Forest are absolute shite. Lingard will no doubt get one at some point.

4-1

Hopefully Steve Cooper’s perma hung over Asian man in a Welsh face won’t crack a smile at any point.

Unread 27-12-2022, 11:45 AM
Joe Biden

Hopefully United inserted a loan clause with Henderson that he must play against his parent team in both games.

4-1 United. Martial 2 Bruno 1 Casemiro 1

Unread 27-12-2022, 12:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Lindelof is shit . But I feel Casemiro is wasted at CB. Maybe slab comes back in to partner lindelof , it really is a pick the best of a bad bunch. Dalot and shaw either side

If he starts Casemiro at CB rather Fred than The Scottish Player as the other CM

Then the usual Eriksen , Antony Bruno rashford martial to make up the rest

Unread 27-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Lindelof is shit . But I feel Casemiro is wasted at CB. Maybe slab comes back in to partner lindelof , it really is a pick the best of a bad bunch. Dalot and shaw either side

If he starts Casemiro at CB rather Fred than The Scottish Player as the other CM

Then the usual Eriksen , Antony Bruno rashford martial to make up the rest
Garnacho is better than Antony. He needs to start.

Unread 27-12-2022, 12:12 PM
Tuco

No The Scottish Player or Fred please

Unread 27-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He’s still on the raw side. We’ll likely see him from the bench more this season. Great sun to have. Antony provides a better balance, as Rashford can play in his best position. Could really do with Jadon Sancho finishing up the Bell Jar and getting his arse back into gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
No The Scottish Player or Fred please
If Maguire is back, we should thankfully be spared of that. The Scottish Player was appalling against Burnley.

Unread 27-12-2022, 12:33 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Garnacho would have to start on the left. Rashford is in form. Also Antony has bags of potential, it’s his first season, not even that, 3-4 months of premier league-ish and you’re writing him off on a teenager who has played about half a dozen times.

He has a very good left foot , is quick, isn’t a wimp and loves to drive forward and attack. Give him time to settle in, new country , culture language etc. then give him time to develop.

Personally I think he has player well for us this season. I think there is much more space for him to go, that’s a good a thing but come on, you can’t start garnacho ahead of him