United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
They did something which is 100% more than anyone that sits back and laughs at it but whinges about the Glazers and the manager not being backed in the transfer window.
What a shit answer.

I'll try again for the hard of thinking, which you appear to be.

What did they expect to achieve?

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
What a shit answer.

They want Ole to ask the owners nicely to sell up.

I'm sure it'll work.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
I think it’s going over your head a bit.

Some fans have gone to Carrington and interrupted training to show they’re not happy with the owners and how the club has been treated both recently and over the last 15 years.

I’m sure they know that the manager isn’t in charge of the club and that he doesn’t make the important decisions with how the club is run. I doubt they expected the manager to agree with them on the Glazers but they had the rare opportunity to communicate with him face to face and it was probably worth a try.

What they’ve done has gained media coverage and has impacted the club more than venting on Twitter or a football forum.
Yeah you’re right. It’s way too intricate for me.

There are supporters of this club, even plenty on here, that love nothing more than labeling others as a Glazer stooge so they can jump on their bully pulpit, we both know it. No one likes them, no one wants them; most can say it, some can’t. It’s really not that complicated.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
What a shit answer.

Media coverage, awareness, a warning that we can get in anywhere....

Numerous reasons why protest is route to take at a good time for it....

Why are you against it ?

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Why are you against it ?
You just said yourself we can't.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:50 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Why are you against it ?
Against it? I think they're already aware we're against the Glazer ownership.
The media already know we are.

The Glazers know the fans will fold like a red hot Mars bar and come back through the turnstiles. Too many "top Reds" without bed sheets who won't stop going to matches.

That's how you hit them where it hurts. Right in the £#%&!ing pocket. If they gave a £#%&! about what the fans thought of them, they'd have gone a long time ago. We're a cash cow and they keep milking the fans plus the TV rights.

Green and gold is a great sentiment but you've still paid £50 to get into the ground to tell them they're @#%&!s.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:50 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
What a shit answer.

I don’t think you understand what a protest is..

They expressed their disapproval of the owners. Which is what people who protest aim to achieve..

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:51 PM
utd99

Why has this story changed from the idiocy of expecting Ole to slag off the Glazers to criticising the protest? Protest away, everyone’s behind it, just don’t expect Solskjaer to do something you yourself wouldn’t do 10% of.

Quote:
I don’t think you understand what a protest is..

They expressed their disapproval of the owners. Which is what people who protest aim to achieve..
Odd how no one but you understands mate. Just make your point; leave the egoistic %@#$&!s by the front door.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:56 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why has this story changed from the idiocy of expecting Ole to slag off the Glazers to criticising the protest? Protest away, everyone’s behind it, just don’t expect Solskjaer to do something you yourself wouldn’t do 10% of.

Odd how no one but you understands mate. Just make your point; leave the egoistic %@#$&!s by the front door.
No problem with the protest itself - not sure what the need was to speak to Ole and the players/staff was? The only language the Glazers have understood is money. The Malcolm Glazer effigy hung from the Stretford End didn't stop them taking over the club. Asking Ole to get them to sell isn't either.

Unread 22-04-2021, 03:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Some fans have gone to Carrington and interrupted training to show they’re not happy with the owners and how the club has been treated both recently and over the last 15 years.

I’m sure they know that the manager isn’t in charge of the club and that he doesn’t make the important decisions with how the club is run. I doubt they expected the manager to agree with them on the Glazers but they had the rare opportunity to communicate with him face to face and it was probably worth a try.

What they’ve done has gained media coverage and has impacted the club more than venting on Twitter or a football forum.
this.

Quote:

what young ryan said.

this kind of visible venting of frustration, which appeared on the beeb's lunchtime news, can lead to more.

I know you won't be happy until I get into a lift with joel and only one of us comes out, though.

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:00 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this.

what young ryan said.

this kind of visible venting of frustration, which appeared on the beeb's lunchtime news, can lead to more.

I know you won't be happy until I get into a lift with joel and only one of us comes out, though.
Does one of you have to come out? Can we not get Howard Payne on the case?

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
No problem with the protest itself - not sure what the need was to speak to Ole and the players/staff was? The only language the Glazers have understood is money. The Malcolm Glazer effigy hung from the Stretford End didn't stop them taking over the club. Asking Ole to get them to sell isn't either.
It’s crazed ranting. The bloke’s trying to do a tough job which won’t get much easier from a settee in Norway.

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
They weren't asking ole to tell Joel to sell

It is a show of power that you can block training and demand to speak to manager (Red Karen's)

Protesting football owners that live in Florida is a little tough in Manchester....

All forms of it are to be welcomed and encouraged, it's about awareness and the potential....

Training interrupted today, match day next ?

I'm sure the league will be impressed with delayed kick off or players and managers complaining about intimidating mobs

The optics of ridiculing this on an ONLINE internet forum

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:03 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

This.

Quote:
And this.

Should've have just peacefully interrupted everything without demanding to speak to anyone. Cause a fuss for as long as possible and get the word spread.

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:05 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
They weren't asking ole to tell Joel to sell

It is a show of power that you can block training and demand to speak to manager (Red Karen's)

Protesting football owners that live in Florida is a little tough in Manchester....

All forms of it are to be welcomed and encouraged, it's about awareness and the potential....

Training interrupted today, match day next ?

I'm sure the league will be impressed with delayed kick off or players and managers complaining about intimidating mobs

The optics of ridiculing this on an ONLINE internet forum
£#%&! off you ponce.

I simply wanted a better understanding of what the goals of the protests were.

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:06 PM
jem

don't follow follow follow
cause united aren't going to stop joel
there'll be maybe ten reds
with a sheet off their beds
but united aren't going to stop joel

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
£#%&! off you ponce.

I simply wanted a better understanding of what the goals of the protests were.
Classy....

You simply wanted a better understanding

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:09 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
don't follow follow follow
cause united aren't going to stop joel
there'll be maybe ten reds
with a sheet off their beds
but united aren't going to stop joel
What tune?

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:12 PM
utd99

Optics.

I’m out.

Unread 22-04-2021, 04:14 PM
NedKelly

Lads, we should all be rejoicing that Woodward is gone. Joel’s got this. Let’s just get along and support each other as reds. We’re better than this.
Closed Thread