United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2021, 01:57 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
At the moment it's basically that we're constantly shit, the manager is clueless, but Bruno and penalties have pulled us out of the shit time and time again.

Oh, but, Bruno is actually a shit penalty merchant and massively overrated.

Which paper do you write for dunk?

Unread 22-03-2021, 01:59 PM
NedKelly

The shittest Arsenal team in my lifetime have won the FA cup 4 times in the past 7 years. It would have been nice to win, but it’s hardly a great measure of a team’s worth these days. We are still in the Europa. If we can win that, and place 2nd, that’s progress imo.

That was a terrible performance yesterday but there’s no accounting for Fred making that suicide pass. Really demoralising conceding like that. Def needs a clip around the ear for keeping Fred on after halftime though.

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:01 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The shittest Arsenal team in my lifetime have won the FA cup 4 times in the past 7 years. It would have been nice to win, but it’s hardly a great measure of a team’s worth these days. We are still in the Europa. If we can win that, and place 2nd, that’s progress imo.

That was a terrible performance yesterday but there’s no accounting for Fred making that suicide pass. Really demoralising conceding like that. Def needs a clip around the ear for keeping Fred on after halftime though.
Well done, great post.

Maguire passing to Fred like that was as bad as Fred's pass. Absolute mare all round. Maguire has that same perma-confused look on his face that Giggs used to have.

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Which paper do you write for dunk?
I would never stoop so low.

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

The dilemma yesterday was any one of 9 players could have been hauled off. Probably wanted on Fred for his energy that matic seems to sap. He should have taken off both matic and Fred for The Scottish Player and cavani . Either way we lost yesterday due to shit individual errors.

You could argue he shouldn’t have played them. But he had to rotate somewhere. Outside of our best XI we aren’t very good. If had rotated before you could bet we would have dropped points or lost to Milan.

The only time he should have really rotated was that second sociadad game in which Bruno and rashford played. Felt like a fully fit pogba and we would have been ok.

The Scottish Player was very poor for the last set piece , you can’t give your man that much space , even more so when it’s your only job. We need to finish strong , hopefully win europa to shut some of these bastards up and sign the correct players.

Haaland is more wishful thinking for me. Would take him in a heartbeat but can’t see utd pulling it off as we never seem to make the correct obvious transfers.

Need a CM who can pass ( two if pogba leaves) and a CF. If we can a CB too, I’m still skeptical wrt lindelof . He has been brilliant lately but he seems to shit the bed when things get physical. If we want to challenge for champions league to, it’s easy to look good vs Ac Milan but they are Europa league quality.

Pray amad diallo turns up and Greenwood improves and we might get away with not signing a RW

Unread 22-03-2021, 02:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If you're a United fan, whether you think he should be our manager or not - you can agree that the way he's been treated since he was made permanent manager by the media in this country has been a £#%&!ing disgrace.

He's never given any credit when we do well and it just seems every win or good result is a temporary reprieve until they can come down on him again. He is held to a standard that no other manager in this country is. Not one.
Unread 22-03-2021, 02:57 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
If you're a United fan, whether you think he should be our manager or not - you can agree that the way he's been treated since he was made permanent manager by the media in this country has been a f***ing disgrace.

He's never given any credit when we do well and it just seems every win or good result is a temporary reprieve until they can come down on him again. He is held to a standard that no other manager in this country is. Not one.
tbf....they've been waiting for United to lose and fail but £#%&!ing hell it's been so long that they have all of this pent up frustration so they finally get a chance to blow it off

don't take into account the injuries recently, the schedule, leicester having a week off leading into the match, an away match so even more travel

that and the fact they are ABU's and £#%&!ing don't like Ole in general....Ole should tell all the media to £#%&! off and not do anymore pre or post match interviews

Unread 22-03-2021, 03:01 PM
Coracao

Quote:
If you're a United fan, whether you think he should be our manager or not - you can agree that the way he's been treated since he was made permanent manager by the media in this country has been a £#%&!ing disgrace.

That comes with the Job of being a United manager / player.

Unread 22-03-2021, 03:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:

The problem is you can account for that suicide pass. He did two before that one and is maybe the worst player to have in that position taking a pass from the defence while facing goal.

These games happen and it’s shit to happen when it did. My only issue on the manager’s part is that we hardly rotate all season and then we do so with an international break coming up. Still, I suppose in Ole’s defence all the players we brought in are experienced internationals. Not like we rotated with kids.

Unread 22-03-2021, 03:55 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
It might be a good point if it weren’t for the fact Ray Wilkins was nicknamed the crab.

Carrick would transform our midfield. So would Ray Wilkins. Probably throw one of you two in to be fair.

But let’s not stray from the point. Manager and coaches are doing a satisfactory job for where we are as a club.

Buckle in. They’re going nowhere.
They will be gone soon enough, Unless you are happy that your club is just competing for the top 4 trophy every year? You sound like a Glazers dream.

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
They will be gone soon enough, Unless you are happy that your club is just competing for the top 4 trophy every year? You sound like a Glazers dream.
The owners or Ole and his team?

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do you think with the squad we have we should be higher than 2nd then?

Serious question

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Vida_15

at minimum we should be in the top 4 every year....that gives you a platform to get better players and compete for trophies both domestically and in europe

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:14 PM
dunk

We're at the beginnings of putting a solid structure in place. It takes time, and was never going to be ripping leagues up brilliant from the start. We're making definite progress despite transfer constraints and a £#%&!ing pandemic. People need to stop being knee-jerk #@&%!s.

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Do you think with the squad we have we should be higher than 2nd then?

Serious question
Didn't say that did I? We should be competing for the FA cup and trying for a good league finish. It's people like you thinking 4th place is some kind of achievement that rankles.
Winning the FA cup never did Fergie any harm in 1990 did it?

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Didn't say that did I? We should be competing for the FA cup and trying for a good league finish. It's people like you thinking 4th place is some kind of achievement that rankles.
Yeah and it only took him 4 years and finishing 2nd, 11th and 13th in the process.

Not the greatest example on your part pal.

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:24 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
We are trying to a good league finish aren't we? I mean we are second?

The way Ole was stitched up in the transfer market back in the summer by the owners, he's doing amazingly well this season, overachieving if anything.

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Nobody thinks 4th is an achievement. People can see the foundations being laid to challenge for the title next year. Provided we sign the right people. Of course people want trophies but it isn’t that black and white.

We don’t have a good squad, combine it with a shit Covid schedule and injuries . We are still second and in Europa. Going three years without a trophy isn’t a disaster. Esp since he has only been at the club fully for two of the seasons .

But there’s almost two sets of groups and you fall in the trophies now or he is shit. Nothing I will say will change it .

With the right players we will compete next year. Trophies are pointless if he isn’t backed and ends up sacked the next year. Long term . You mention Ferguson, how long did it take him to get his first trophy?

I know times have changed but trophies without a good squad or luck will be a struggle . We have had tough draws the last few seasons and we don’t have a good enough squad to compete .

Unread 22-03-2021, 04:45 PM
dinger

Let’s be honest lads, this Ole out / in conversation will still be happening this time next season. His recruitment (if he’s backed) will be hit and miss again & considering he needs to strengthen the spine of the team for him to be able to do it successfully in the summer in one window is highly unlikely

Unread 22-03-2021, 05:27 PM
MUFC One Love

People say when Mourinho finished 2nd it was an achievement with that squad. Whats the difference now?

Also when he won the League Cup and Europa he finished 6th didn't he?
Closed Thread