United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-12-2020, 08:02 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
It's the lowering of the standard of our supporters that sticks out to me
If it was just about anyone other than Tronics I'd think it was an attempt at humour. Who's the gold standard for pressers these days? Is there a table? xPC?

Unread 16-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Knockers

I’ll never understand the Ole-outers. We’ve tried every permutation of ‘top manager’ and they’ve all been different shades of shite.

Just imagine Ole winning the league. It’d end me.

Unread 16-12-2020, 08:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
If it was just about anyone other than Tronics I'd think it was an attempt at humour. Who's the gold standard for pressers these days? Is there a table? xPC?
I've heard that Arteta gives brilliant press conferences.

Unread 16-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Tronics

You lot on here are jokes

I’m just a simple man sharing my views on football and some peeps get so upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I've heard that Arteta gives brilliant press conferences.
I enjoy Mourinho’s best, he looks like a top manager, he could be a good option when Old gets sacked

Unread 16-12-2020, 09:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
I’m just a simple man
Agreed.

Unread 16-12-2020, 10:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
YI enjoy Mourinho’s best, he looks like a top manager, he could be a good option when Old gets sacked
Yeah well all we got was how shit we were and shiting on constantly about Chelsea. @#%&!.

Unread 16-12-2020, 10:56 PM
armchair

Quote:
I’m just a simple man
confirmed.

Unread 16-12-2020, 11:43 PM
silv

It will all end in tears

Unread 16-12-2020, 11:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Liverpool and Spurs draw - we win the games in hand and we go joint top

Ole Out
Well done jinxy

Unread 17-12-2020, 12:11 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well done jinxy

Unread 17-12-2020, 01:04 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Is this a bot?
No, just pointing that you my not need an experienced manager to succeed if the manager has the proper footballing vision for the club. But in this day and age managers like Busby are few and fair between.

SO who knows me might even have been better off if the club had hired a bloke (ex-player) that had no prior manager experience, than hiring bloke that has Molde and Cardiff on his CV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I’ll never understand the Ole-outers. We’ve tried every permutation of ‘top manager’ and they’ve all been different shades of shite.

Just imagine Ole winning the league. It’d end me.
Not sure I did consider Moyes a top manager was out of his depth.
Van gaal was stuck in the 90s.
Mourinho is not the manager you want for the rebuild if United had hired him once SAF had retired in 2013, we might have won another EPL or 2 with that team.

As for Ole I think the jury is still out, but I think he will get see out his current contract at minimum as for winning the league who knows, it s more open this season than last season, maybe the tide could turn if we ruin Liverpool's league home record

Unread 17-12-2020, 01:25 AM
Fat Al

I can't remember if Fergie was talking about one year in particular or just in general, but I'm sure he did say "if we're there or thereabouts at the turn of the year then we've got a great chance.”

Win our games in hand, we're second. Now, I ain't saying we'll win the league but we've a chance. And we're easily capable of getting 2nd.

Unread 17-12-2020, 01:32 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
I can't remember if Fergie was talking about one year in particular or just in general, but I'm sure he did say "if we're there or thereabouts at the turn of the year then we've got a great chance.”
He said that most years. Muddle through the first half of the season with a load of rotation, stay in touching distance of everyone busting a gut to beat us, step it up from Jan onwards. Ferg

Unread 17-12-2020, 02:17 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well done jinxy

TBF calling the draw wasn't a million miles out was it ?

Have to be content with a 2 points behind the leaders and looking down the table on Spurs ,City and Chelsea

Could be worse

Unread 17-12-2020, 02:45 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al

Win our games in hand, we're second. Now, I ain't saying we'll win the league but we've a chance. And we're easily capable of getting 2nd.
Liverpool are out on their own at the moment, but we're as good as any of the rest, and it's not like they are the Barca team of 10 years. They can be caught and surpassed.

Just keep building on what we have (faster please).

Unread 17-12-2020, 07:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We used to have the best press conferences in Europe tbf in our pomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Search van gaal pressers on here. They were a very important part of the managers job then.

Unread 17-12-2020, 07:21 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Search van gaal pressers on here. They were a very important part of the managers job then.
Search Matt Busby's and Alex Fergoz's and they didn't matter a £#%&! .Nobody cared about them

Mind you that was a time when people focused on supporting the team rather than regurgitating fancam social media bullshit

Unread 17-12-2020, 07:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Search Matt Busby's and Alex Fergoz's and they didn't matter a £#%&!
I know. that's kind of my point.

Unread 17-12-2020, 07:26 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I know. that's kind of my point.
Fair enough .Wrong end of stick and all that .Apols

Unread 17-12-2020, 11:00 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Fair enough .Wrong end of stick and all that .Apols