United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM
MUFC One Love

Default The nerves are kicking in for Saturday...

It's gonna be horrible watching it.

Unread 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think Carrick will play a big part.

If he goes missing like he did against Lille and Fulham then Liverpool will win.

I'm blue in the face saying Saha should start and if Fergal does what he does worst by putting Rooney on the wing and playing a defensive to counter attack game then we will lose.

Doom.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM
mark o

Time to start drinking now then is it?

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Torquemada

The first 15 minutes are going to be horrible. If we can get through that, then we might have a chance. Saha has to play though.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
denis lawless

we wont lose.....might not win...but we wont lose

a draw satdee and a draw at stamford bridge v the rentboys and we'll be ok.

chelsea will drop points before the end of the season too.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Whalefish

It'll be 4-3-3 on Saturday, with Henrik alongside Rooney and Ronaldo IMO.

I've got no problem with that formation, especially in tough away games (and this is one of them) but I'd prefer Saha in the attacking line up.

We line up with a 4-4-2 against them, and I fear the worst tbh. Especially in midfield.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Torquemada

I have this irrational fear that for some unfathomable reason, we won't be able to deal with Kuyt and Crouch up front. On paper, you'd think Ferdinand and Vidic would have them both in their pockets, but I'm not so sure.

I agree about Carrick needing a good game - with the Murderer's midfield it's going to be important to have someone who can break up their runs, especially Gerrard's. I can see Rooney and Saha getting starved of alot of ball though, so chances will be few and far between.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Whiteside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
I have this irrational fear that for some unfathomable reason, we won't be able to deal with Kuyt and Crouch up front. On paper, you'd think Ferdinand and Vidic would have them both in their pockets, but I'm not so sure.

I agree about Carrick needing a good game - with the Murderer's midfield it's going to be important to have someone who can break up their runs, especially Gerrard's. I can see Rooney and Saha getting starved of alot of ball though, so chances will be few and far between.
isnt crouch injured?? he got a broken nose didnt he??

sorry if there is news on this already as not heard anything

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside
isnt crouch injured?? he got a broken nose didnt he??

sorry if there is news on this already as not heard anything
He did, but you can normally play with a broken nose, especially if you're John "Iron Man" Terry. Incidentally, people say that there are no paradigm truths in life, but I defy anyone to disprove the statement that it is impossible to make the Liverpool attacking line-up look more ugly.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Whalefish

I'll be surprised if Crouch plays, most probably Bellamy and Kuyt. I think those two will cause us more problems especially the formers pace.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:21 AM
violater

they win, i can tell you that...

my worst fear is if larrson starts...

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:22 AM
denis lawless

Default about 7 stitches as well as a broken nose........

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
24hr Leavesey

Saha has a calf injury after Reading kicked lumps out of the poor fella.

Not sure if this rules him out though.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
gigo

If we attack the bastards we'll win,if he plays a more cautious approach we'll get beat.

ATTACK THE £#%&!ERS !!!!!!!

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:27 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Saha has a calf injury after Reading kicked lumps out of the poor fella.

Not sure if this rules him out though.
ffs.
i dont fancy that fairy starting at anfield...

its like playing two support strikers...

we need sahas presence and pace against the scousers.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
He did, but you can normally play with a broken nose, especially if you're John "Iron Man" Terry. Incidentally, people say that there are no paradigm truths in life, but I defy anyone to disprove the statement that it is impossible to make the Liverpool attacking line-up look more ugly.
Can you?

Not in my personal experience.

Van der Sar couldn't manage it either.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
ffs.
i dont fancy that fairy starting at anfield...

its like playing two support strikers...

we need sahas presence and pace against the scousers.
That's because Henrik isn't a striker who leads the line as such, never has been that sort of striker IMO. If Saha isn't fit then he can't play so there'll be no point moaning about his selection if it happens. However if Saha is on the bench I'll be pissed off.

Midfield will be key and their options ahead of the Barca clash (us with a tough fixture vs Lille) are much better than ours.

If we lose I fully expect Chelsea to capitalise and for this and other Utd forums like it to explode in doom. Predictable doom.

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Can you?

Not in my personal experience.

Van der Sar couldn't manage it either.
Kevin Moran would've

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That's because Henrik isn't a striker who leads the line as such, never has been that sort of striker IMO. If Saha isn't fit then he can't play so there'll be no point moaning about his selection if it happens. However if Saha is on the bench I'll be pissed off.

Midfield will be key and their options ahead of the Barca clash (us with a tough fixture vs Lille) are much better than ours.

If we lose I fully expect Chelsea to capitalise and for this and other Utd forums like it to explode in doom. Predictable doom.

You'll be too busy decorating to worry

Unread 01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
puressence

can you all £#%&! off ..... doom mongering bastards ..............
Closed Thread