United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2022, 04:53 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He'll take a pay cut and stay just like rashford should.
Took the money he was offered and gets on with it.

Unread 20-12-2022, 08:30 AM
windy waffles

Delighted for dunk.

Maybe we can dig up Igor Akinfeev or bring back Big Serg...

Unread 20-12-2022, 08:32 AM
Selhurst Samurai

They're claiming he's on 380-400k Euros per week?

Jesus, and the fanny still won't come and get the odd whack on the head to take a high ball

Unread 20-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Dasilvatwins

Good call from ETH. Many players stealing a living. Likes of martial Sancho and rashford all north of 200k and just don’t put in performances that warrant the wage.

Even rashford who has had a mini resurgence (still has a long way to go imo) needs to take a pay cut or get lost.

Kind of hoping there is no new contract for de gea as I think we need a different type of GK for the way ETH plays. Best shot stopper in the world. Fantastic at that, but his sweeping up and distribution is piss poor.

Unread 20-12-2022, 08:50 AM
Vedder

It’s time he moved on. Haggers is the boy

Unread 20-12-2022, 09:01 AM
Lok

He'll be staying. The club aren't triggering the optional year because they can get him to sign a new contract for less.

Unread 20-12-2022, 12:11 PM
Coracao

Can't see us being in for a keeper in the summer unless we are bought by the Arabs. Too many other pressing areas, when a keeper could wait until the year after.

Ultimately, a centre forward is likely to blow the vast majority of our budget if we get one at the right level. Then, a RB, CM and arguably another wide option are required. Maybe even another CB if slabhead is moved on.

Unread 20-12-2022, 12:56 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Can't see us being in for a keeper in the summer unless we are bought by the Arabs. Too many other pressing areas, when a keeper could wait until the year after.

Ultimately, a centre forward is likely to blow the vast majority of our budget if we get one at the right level. Then, a RB, CM and arguably another wide option are required. Maybe even another CB if slabhead is moved on.
Yeah. He’s not an urgent issue but will become more so over the next year or two.

He won’t leave - just good tactics from ten Hag and Arnold.

Woodward was an absolute disaster for our club.

Unread 20-12-2022, 01:25 PM
AK14

He’s looked a lot better under Tenners but he still needs upgrading.

The Porto lad looks good from the 2 minute YouTube clip I’ve seen.

Unread 20-12-2022, 01:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’s looked a lot better under Tenners but he still needs upgrading.

The Porto lad looks good from the 2 minute YouTube clip I’ve seen.
He's 'on the radar' apparently. As well as the Leeds keeper...

Unread 20-12-2022, 06:40 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Good call from ETH. Many players stealing a living. Likes of martial Sancho and rashford all north of 200k and just don’t put in performances that warrant the wage.

Even rashford who has had a mini resurgence (still has a long way to go imo) needs to take a pay cut or get lost.

Kind of hoping there is no new contract for de gea as I think we need a different type of GK for the way ETH plays. Best shot stopper in the world. Fantastic at that, but his sweeping up and distribution is piss poor.
Not any more.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:44 AM
Ethers

Dunk was right, this guy is holding us back.

Tbh I didn’t expect us to get this good this quickly, so didn’t think it would be that much of an issue. But was pretty clear yesterday that having De Gea and his almost embarrassing lack of ability with the ball is a major barrier to this team reaching their potential.

Unread 23-01-2023, 08:51 AM
programmes?

He is an absolute fanny. Punching the ball yesterday, second half? Pathetic.

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Dunk was right, this guy is holding us back.

Tbh I didn’t expect us to get this good this quickly, so didn’t think it would be that much of an issue. But was pretty clear yesterday that having De Gea and his almost embarrassing lack of ability with the ball is a major barrier to this team reaching their potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?

both of these... he is an absolutely infuriating goalkeeper. he's probably the best shot stopper in the world but the rest of his game is that bad that it makes him an absolute liability.

that £#%&!ing punch

Unread 23-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Dasilvatwins

Forgot about the punch. Wasn’t challenged from a single Arsenal player.

However I think if we can get a RB who’s good on the ball ETH would keep him. There’s talks of a new deal and bringing it down to 200m a week. Hardly planning on getting rid of him .

Though if I had the choice I’d bin him and get someone else. I just don’t think it will happen anytime soon boys

Pray for dunk

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:02 AM
dunk

He’ll play his way out at some point. He’s causing half of the problems at the back, or was, he’s causing most of them now. I’ve been saying it for years, so Erik deffo knows.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
That was ridiculous, totally bottled it. A couple of times he should have come off his line too, but didn't and kept us under big pressure.

His distribution is bang average, and while he's made some good saves this season, he makes too many mistakes and people should be blinded to the fact that a new goalkeeper should be one of our priorities once we sign a striker.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:20 AM
jem

you don't even have to look back a week to see how he saved us from losing.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you don't even have to look back a week to see how he saved us from losing.
You can’t be this £#%&!ing simple

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:27 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You can’t be this £#%&!ing simple
it doesn't matter what he does. you focus relentlessly on the negative. you hate him. it really is that simple.

if we had a better keeper, he would be playing. he has limitations, but a new keeper is no kind of priority compared to centre forward, midfield, right back....

ramsdale's flapping handed us a goal. you think arsenal fans want him sacked? maybe they remember the saves against spurs.

playing the ball out of defence to players under pressure is our m.o., currently. wan b couldn't handle it. de gea was not at fault for the goal either - wan be was, sleeping at the far post. again.

and wan b has been playing well. you don't have to go back a week to see when he saved us from losing either. assuming zaha wouldn't have just fallen flat on his face anyway, the absolute @#%&!.
Closed Thread