United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:04 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I will, thanks.

They are to blame for everything, literally EVERYTHING. Useful idiots who still refuse to see this are their biggest asset.
Word.

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:04 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It what Ole said is true then any manager would be £#%&!ed. A max of 3 signings per season, no doubt with some kind of cap on the money we can spend. It’s nonsense.
I really think Ole was close without Ronaldo breaking his system. 4-0 Leeds opening day with fast incisive football was halcyon days compared to this before the invalid slave turned up. But different conversation.

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:05 PM
andyroo

Guh. It's just depressing.

£#%&!'s sake United

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
You’ve finally come to our side.

I am miffed at one much loved poster on here for calling me a troll when I said pre season I was seriously concerned.

We are in for a really, really tough season and I’m feel for Rasmus. He’s a lovely player it seems with bags of potential but it’s a huge ask to expect him to lead the United line this year.

No quick fix either beyond no injuries/suspensions and having some witch doctor play a blinder for us.
We create very little. Our 300k a week winger always makes the wrong decision . Our RWs are either beating women (allegedly) or playing fifa

Only at this club would the owners and suits allow for such a shitfest to take place. Give alotnof these shit players high wages. Don’t back the manager properly, maybe have some actual scouts and Listen to them rather than sign big names.

Ok the back 4 is out and that obviously plays into it , however our attacking play has been shite. The balance of playing two number 8s don’t seem to work.

Mount was decent today but he’s not a player you rely on to create lots of chances . Bruno is shoehorned slightly out of position as a result.

The back 4 has a poor slow shit the bed tempo. I mean Amrabat coming into the Center is all good and wel but maybe around 50-60th min when things haven’t changed tell him to hold his position a bit and make the pitch wide to open up gaps.

Long season ahead.

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:07 PM
Stickman

They should have had a pen as well late on for Amrabats hand ball.

Putrid.

larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
"we played good football, but we couldn't get a break."

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
who are you quoting here? this was your explanation of the first half.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's what 10h says every time we lose
at least you two are on the same page

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The only thing that can save this season is the Glazers selling up because on the pitch it’s going to be a real struggle

For ETH this season is all about getting enough results to hold off getting sacked

The final third play is atrocious
It’s all hit and hope stuff
Have we even created one clear chance for Hojlund yet

Such a disappointment after the hope we had coming into the season
It’s up to the senior players to pull their finger out of their arse and turn this around
Wtf??

Eth should get results to hold off getting sacked???

How about get results because he is good at his job.

Wether we have a 3 players limit, we’ve been bringing in about 5 every summer and in-line with what our rivals do.

It’s not like they all bring in 7/8 and we bring in 1.

It’s all just pathetic excuses.

We’ve spent 400m on a squad that’s let’s just say was abour 4th/5th best yet there’s about 10 teams in the league you would bet on beating us on any given day.

That’s down to the £#%&!ing manager.

andyroo

Dalot in loads of space

Runs towards the near post a bit

Flicks it to nobody

Repeat

Repeat

red in cumbria

I mean just imagine, as a thought experiment, if the manager had got the players in - and out - that he wanted this summer.

Just that difference, nothing else. Who seriously doubts that alone would have a real impact?

And that's what any half decent owners would at least do their best to achieve.

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:09 PM
jem

Quote:
at least you two are on the same page
we are not on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Putrid.
I think amrabat got more touches with his hands than onana.

never a pen, though. could have been booked for the two deliberate handballs, though. even he was fouled all game.

Lok

Quote:
I will, thanks.

They are to blame for everything, literally EVERYTHING. Useful idiots who still refuse to see this are their biggest asset.
They're not coaching the team. EtH clearly chose his signings. He has spending limits cut that's true for every manager apart from Guardiola. He has out spent most of his peers, certainly the ones that are beating us so easily.

The Glazers are a huge problem, but it doesn't excuse the terrible results, awful decision making and shit football we're sitting through week in week out this season.

It has to be better.

larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we are not on the same page.
re-read your explanation of the first half

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
I really think Ole was close without Ronaldo breaking his system. 4-0 Leeds opening day with fast incisive football was halcyon days compared to this before the invalid slave turned up. But different conversation.
We all love OGS and everything, but his bubble was always going to burst sooner or later - how could it not?

If it hadn't been Ronaldo, it would have been something else.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Blame the Glazers all you want but that is a billion pound squad getting beaten by a very average Crystal Palace at home.

There's no excuse for it, it was awful. Again.

Horrible season, questions have to be asked of EtH. He got outclassed by Roy Hodgson...
Happened in his first season. Eriksen came in late on a free. Casemiro who was third choice behind Rabiot and de jong

Casemiro will be showing his age. He has got vital goals this season but we need him in the middle to do his job better. Nope let’s chuck 60 million on a 30 something midfielder.

He’s a top class player. But you don’t bring him in when you’re trying to build a squad from scratch. He’s good enough for now, but in the summer we will be calling for his replacement because his legs are going every time he plays.

believe

It’s a £#%&!ing good job he didn’t get rid of the players he wanted to, we’d struggle to field a team.

August 8/10 transfer window
September shit transfer window.

shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Any decent team is beating us because they will score and we struggle to.
But yeah that’s not on the manager who has spent more than 18 managers in the league since arriving.
Of course the manager has to take some blame for that today, but it's clearly not the only factor, which you don't appear willing to accept (purposefully I suspect).

The way things are, can see a season like Chelsea's last season. We have a decent run coming up, bar city, and if we don't win those then we're done,

jem

Quote:
re-read your explanation of the first half
you re-read it.

Unread 30-09-2023, 05:11 PM
larry

Quote:
If it hadn't been Ronaldo, it would have been something else.
based on what

marlo

Quote:
I mean just imagine, as a thought experiment, if the manager had got the players in - and out - that he wanted this summer.

Just that difference, nothing else. Who seriously doubts that alone would have a real impact?

And that's what any half decent owners would at least do their best to achieve.
Ok so we didn’t get the players he wanted according to you despite him signing a young exciting talent, an English midfielder he always admired, his keeper at his previous club and a midfielder he used to manage.

But yeah he has just had shit players forced on him.

Aren’t you embarrassed….did you make the same excuses for mourinho?

ETH is failing as manager the more you delude yourself the worse it will be.

Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman

Putrid.
Right in front of us - 100% a pen.

Say what you like about the owners - we shouldn’t be as a £#%&! as that ffs. We have players earning a fortune out there being utter crap.

No goal threat - the front three were shite. The midfield was shite. Mount was just about ok.

Fuming over that shite.