United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-12-2018, 05:09 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Sparky***

ole interview on MUTV now... first question "a lot of games in a short space of time does that give you much of a chance to analyse the opposition"..... great answer..."we have a great team of analysts here but it's not about the opposition, it's about what we can do.."

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:48 PM
S/Side.Red

These first few games aren't about tactics tbh. They're about those players buzzing and destroying defences the way they should.

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:50 PM
dragflick

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
ole interview on MUTV now... first question "a lot of games in a short space of time does that give you much of a chance to analyse the opposition"..... great answer..."we have a great team of analysts here but it's not about the opposition, it's about what we can do.."

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:54 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
how refreshing is that to hear eh? bloody hell Mourinho was a miserable £#%&!ing bastard wasn't he

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:56 PM
ScarFace

Seems odd not having a sour-faced, aggressive, depressive, unlikeable bore giving that interview.

Joyyyy to the world !

Unread 20-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Sparky***

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
how refreshing is that to hear eh? bloody hell Mourinho was a miserable £#%&!ing bastard wasn't he
I hope he's pandering a little bit tbh. Opposition analysis is pretty important, especially as you're looking to find their weaknesses as much as anything. But right now we should be confident enough to be @#%&!ting these five sides we're playing next.

Spurs in January will be a big test for him.

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Whoever's decision it was to bring him in, it looks brilliant so far.

So far being zero games in tbf

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I hope he's pandering a little bit tbh. Opposition analysis is pretty important, especially as you're looking to find their weaknesses as much as anything. But right now we should be confident enough to be @#%&!ting these five sides we're playing next.

Spurs in January will be a big test for him.
he's been a manager for nearly 10 years so i very much doubt he ignores opposition.

But it's important to make your team aware of the other team's strengths but don't make them fearful. That's where Mourinho got it totally wrong.

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:06 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
it's not about the opposition, it's about what we can do.."
next to £#%&! all

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
he's been a manager for nearly 10 years so i very much doubt he ignores opposition.

But it's important to make your team aware of the other team's strengths but don't make them fearful. That's where Mourinho got it totally wrong.
Fearful and for it to come across that you don't trust them to impose yourselves. I reckon our players spent a lot of time under him wondering why they weren't far more aggressive in asserting ourselves. Tbh I don't know much about Solskjaer's methods, but that piece you highlighted about his Europa exploits is promising. You don't out-perform those sides in this era just through enthusiasm.

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:11 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:15 PM
AK14

Positivity!

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:17 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
These first few games aren't about tactics tbh. They're about those players buzzing and destroying defences the way they should.
...woah yeah...something tells me I’m onto something good

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Oh My God.

I'm so happy.

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Vedder

I £#%&!ing love that man

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Buck

Quote:

he gets us la

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Clownbones

Easy to say he's pandering.... but I wish Jose £#%&!ing pandered more.

He's well spoken, composed and confident.

Let's not forget his job: bring some positivity back.

If properly coached and given a platform, this group of players are good enough to beat most of the teams in this league. They all get a fresh start. They should all feel confident of making an impression.

We have some kind fixtures and the pile of games is probably a good thing for once. It'll give him time to experiment, opportunities to make mistakes and quickly correct them and we suddenly have a situation where the fans are looking forward to next few weeks.

What a crazy week.

Unread 20-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Switching Off

Just watched that interview. Convinced

Ollie
Closed Thread