United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:32 PM
hopkins

Default Re: OFFICIAL: United v City thread (teams, links and doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
the last thing I am saying on the matter. just watching the HT analysis:

Foster did call for the ball. However, not only does Rio not follow it through for him, he casually let Tevez run right past him (drops his shoulder as if to open up the path). Rio SHOULD have protected the ball and blocked Tevez's path.

Highly unfair just blaming Foster for this one, lads.
Rio should have done a bit more to help, but it does not excuse Foster not putting his foot through the ball and punting it over the main stand

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Foster did call for the ball. However, not only does Rio not follow it through for him, he casually let Tevez run right past him (drops his shoulder as if to open up the path). Rio SHOULD have protected the ball and blocked Tevez's path.

Having seen it again I have to say I agree Rio should have carried on running. If either a) Rio had carried on in the direction he was running or b) Foster had just £#%&!ing kicked it like he should have done, they wouldn't have scored.

Still, Rio clearly thought 'Ben's got it'. There was no reason for him to think otherwise as Foster was favourite by a million miles.

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:33 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
how the £#%&! can you manage to find a way to have a go at a player for sitting on the £#%&!ing bench bloody hell.

some of the comments on this thread

city are not running the game ffs, it's a very even match with united on top up to the last 15 minutes. city have created two chances apart from the foster £#%&! up and united look comfortable enough at the back. the problem is the midfield where we need either an extra man to match city's three (de jong, barry and ireland with tevez and bellamy dropping back a lot as well) or we need some width.

i think the change is valencia for park. there's not too much threat from city's left and valencia could really stretch them, with giggs tucking in more on the other side. at the moment there are too few options for us when he have possession. i'd sooner see giggs in the middle as well, with anderson wide to push swp back. richards is having one of his good games and giggs will do a lot more good in the centre, giving us more control.

some of you need to have a look at yourselves tbh.
i think it's the players who should be doing that.

i had a good half.

nft.

Ginners

Quote:

shut up you tart

Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
vida needs his hair blowing from fergie. why put yourself on a yellow in that position?
Because Wright Phillips was in behind our defence if he didn't. If anyone deserves blame for that, it was our midfield for not covering the left side while Evra and Ando were high up the pitch.

El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Having seen it again I have to say I agree Rio should have carried on running. If either a) Rio had carried on in the direction he was running or b) Foster had just £#%&!ing kicked it like he should have done, they wouldn't have scored.

Still, Rio clearly thought 'Ben's got it'. There was no reason for him to think otherwise as Foster was favourite by a million miles.
Rio doesn't look fit to me.

nft.

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Withers

We had this in control until the £#%&! up.

Because Tevez was involved it seems to have knocked the stuffing out of the team, and the crowd.

Start the first half on the front foot and set the tone for the rest of the game.

I have a funny feeling Owen is going to score the winner.

Ethers

Quote:

Would you like Rio to wipe Foster's arse for him too while he's at it?

It should have been a standard clearance if the goalie doesn't start acting like a #@&%!. End of story.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
shut up you tart
bite me.

Tronics

Quote:

even if that was the case.

he should have just smashed it into row z when he came out of his area.

instead he decided to come out and drag the ball back into the box

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini

It should have been a standard clearance if the goalie doesn't start acting like a #@&%!. End of story.
Correct.

Boot the ball out, Edwin would've ffs.

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Mr_Ed

Take your tinters off Borsuk... Citeh had the better of it for me.

However we've still got 45 minutes. Last season we had Ronaldo to dig us out of the odd situation and get a goal in a game like this - we need somebody to do that for us.

denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

i had a good half.

nft.

BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
No, just acted a bit more alert and blocked Tevez (even a little) in that nano-second of time....

Anyway £#%&! it. Come on you £#%&!ing REDS.

poppy

I fancy us strongly this half. Tweak the midfield and with Rooney being bang on his game we'll run out comfortable winners.

No changes as of yet.

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Sloppy

Garrido coined.

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:38 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
No, just acted a bit more alert and blocked Tevez (even a little) in that nano-second of time....

Anyway £#%&! it. Come on you £#%&!ing REDS.
barry stop £#%&!ing going on we get the point

Unread 20-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Jack Duckworth

"a missile was thrown from the stretford end"

ffs, there's nothing like blowing something out of proportion

Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
how the £#%&! can you manage to find a way to have a go at a player for sitting on the £#%&!ing bench bloody hell.

some of the comments on this thread

city are not running the game ffs, it's a very even match with united on top up to the last 15 minutes. city have created two chances apart from the foster £#%&! up and united look comfortable enough at the back. the problem is the midfield where we need either an extra man to match city's three (de jong, barry and ireland with tevez and bellamy dropping back a lot as well) or we need some width.

i think the change is valencia for park. there's not too much threat from city's left and valencia could really stretch them, with giggs tucking in more on the other side. at the moment there are too few options for us when he have possession. i'd sooner see giggs in the middle as well, with anderson wide to push swp back. richards is having one of his good games and giggs will do a lot more good in the centre, giving us more control.

some of you need to have a look at yourselves tbh.
We might get reasonable money for Carrick. Sell him asap and buy a big hitter mid field player.
United's mid field squad is lamentable, some far too old or nearing the nackers yard, some too young and we expect too much of them as midfielders -Carrick has nowt... just a big lump of misery..I do hope I'm proved wrong about him.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten

i had a good half.

nft.