United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Rooney out looks certain and i really wouldn't have been arsed if Fergie was still here or we brought in mou but who's gonna want to come and play for david moyes?
rooney out is the only positive from this

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:08 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Can't wait to see Moyes lifting the premier trophy for the first time next season. Hope you all like humble pie with a side order of haggis and Irn Bru to wash it down
At first I was like , and then I was like :shakehead:

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Parlabane

When I heard the news of Fergie going I was quite optimistic as the team has become stale, predictable and boring.
Can't really see anything changing under Moyes just more hard working players who do a job playing mundane football.
Really doubt Moyes will be able to attract the players we need let alone inspire the ones we already have
It stinks of the cheap unimaginative option

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Scabs

I'm frightened like a baby kitten.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:21 PM
RuffyPup

David if you're reading this.....

£#%&! off you @#%&!

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Barracuda

I was all for a change, a new charismatic leader, new ideas, new style of play etc. But I wasn't anticipating the next man to be David Moyes...

It's the most uninspiring appointment I can think of - everything about the Club will be as flat as £#%&! for a while - I'm dreading the shit he comes up with.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
I was all for a change, a new charismatic leader, new ideas, new style of play etc. But I wasn't anticipating the next man to be David Moyes...

It's the most uninspiring appointment I can think of - everything about the Club will be as flat as £#%&! for a while - I'm dreading the shit he comes up with.
that's the way United roll though - the exact opposite of the Mourinho circus everyone was maybe expecting

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:33 PM
utd99

I think supporters vastly overestimate both their ability and qualifications to judge these things. Lets face it if it were up to us, Fergie would probably not have been appointed in the first place, and certainly would not have survived long enough to become what he became.

Of course people will have opinions, this is a forum after all, but there is a difference between voicing your view and writing a person off before they've even stepped through the door. There were pros and cons to every candidate, but if its to be Moyes then get behind the man, after all if he does well it means that we're doing well.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:34 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that's the way United roll though - the exact opposite of the Mourinho circus everyone was maybe expecting
I think things being 'flat' is a tad optimistic.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Aman27deep

Worst 24 hours of my life.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I think supporters vastly overestimate both their ability and qualifications to judge these things. Lets face it if it were up to us, Fergie would probably not have been appointed in the first place, and certainly would not have survived long enough to become what he became.

Of course people will have opinions, this is a forum after all, but there is a difference between voicing your view and writing a person off before they've even stepped through the door. There were pros and cons to every candidate, but if its to be Moyes then get behind the man, after all if he does well it means that we're doing well.
This

yhgr

S/Side.Red

Quote:

A few might have seen a guy who had mugged Real Madrid in a European final with Aberdeen as a decent shout, tbf.

You can't compare '86 Fergie with '13 Moyesy.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Worst 24 hours of my life.
Lucky bastard.

Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Barracuda

Quote:
When I say flat I mean gutted as £#%&!, deflated, angry, @#%&!ed off etc...

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
true. there'll be sniper shots of him crying while he's putting the cardboards out after home defeat to Palace in December ...

no matter what happens in the first season or two 'they'll' still think they can finish United until it smacks them hard in the face that they haven't

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Scabs

Quote:

I want to be enthusiastic, but I feel utterly deflated.

Not sure who I really expected to fill the big man's boots, but Moyes certainly wasn't on my list.

I really do hope that he achieves rather than fails, but his record is distinctly 'meh'.

Unread 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
A few might have seen a guy who had mugged Real Madrid in a European final with Aberdeen as a decent shout, tbf.

You can't compare '86 Fergie with '13 Moyesy.
The comparison was in the context of what the supporters were advocating at the time. The consensus at the time was similar to the reaction you're seeing for Moyes today. The popular call was Venables or Robson.

Like any decision it'll either turn out to be right or wrong. The point is merely that supporters are historically poor judges in these matters, despite their belief to the contrary. Regardless of who gets the nod, the absolute worst thing that can happen now would be for the new manager not to receive the support he needs.

Unread 08-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Cream

Obviously filled with trepidation.

Moyes does not have the winning mentality we've become accustomed to. He's steeped in 'Can't fault the lads' effort'.

Rooney could well be gone.

Unread 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Tronics

I'd take us finishing in the top 3 next season now tbh

Think some underestimate SAF's importance

And obvs I have my doubts as to whether Moyes will be able to handle the pressure!
Closed Thread