United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Paul Mcgrath
 
Default Anyone been to Vegas?

Im going there in a couple months time, a mate reckons you have to dress proper smart to get into the clubs and stuff, ie shirt trousers and shoes. Ive always thought that just a smart shirt and plain black trousers looked a bit dorky, can i get away with smart jeans, shirt and jumper or something?
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:14 PM
tatty
 
Default

You'll feel more 'dorky' if you go all the way to vegas and can't get in to the top clubs because you're dressed like a tramp.

You should be worrying about how to cram 6 months of drinking, gambling and whoring into a week.
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Paul Mcgrath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
You'll feel more 'dorky' if you go all the way to vegas and can't get in to the top clubs because you're dressed like a tramp.

You should be worrying about how to cram 6 months of drinking, gambling and whoring into a week.
I dont mean it like that mate, im happy to wear really smart stuff, but ive always found that smart shoes, a long sleeved shirt and trousers looked a bit plain and nerdy. Im just wondering if anyone else has been and worn different things on nights out etc.
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Billy Baroo
 
Default

strict dress code at all the 'best' ones (or considered the best there, they were absolutely f***ing ****ola, I'd rather have stayed in my room and eaten a shit sandwich)
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:20 PM
tatty
 
Default

I was there in 2000 and as a rule:

casinos/bars:

anything goes (fat yanks slobs in shorts & trainers)




decent clubs:

I used to wear trousers and shirt but i'm not sure whether that's a policy
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:22 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

If you're doing enough cash on the tables they'll beg you to go in the clubs irregardless of what you're wearing.

Depends on the club but as long as you're not dressed like a paraffin you'll be OK
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Billy Baroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
If you're doing enough cash on the tables they'll beg you to go in the clubs irregardless of what you're wearing.

Depends on the club but as long as you're not dressed like a paraffin you'll be OK
that simply isn't true

half of them are not even part of or affiliated to hotels/casinos
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:28 PM
NinoyAquino
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
strict dress code at all the 'best' ones (or considered the best there, they were absolutely f***ing ****ola, I'd rather have stayed in my room and eaten a shit sandwich)

Couldn't have put it better myself. There six months ago. Clubs on the whole are shite. Stick to gambling, w****s (if you're away from your missus) and stuffing your face with food. If you are intent on going clubbing and at the same time getting ripped off, then try the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio, one of the best.

If money isn't tight then stay at the Bellagio or the Wynn.

If you want something cheaper but nice try the mgm, mandalay bay, monte carlo or new york, new york.

If you want something budget and shite then I can't help you.
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Paul Mcgrath
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino
Couldn't have put it better myself. There six months ago. Clubs on the whole are shite. Stick to gambling, w****s (if you're away from your missus) and stuffing your face with food. If you are intent on going clubbing and at the same time getting ripped off, then try the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio, one of the best.

If money isn't tight then stay at the Bellagio or the Wynn.

If you want something cheaper but nice try the mgm, mandalay bay, monte carlo or new york, new york.

If you want something budget and shite then I can't help you.
Its all booked up mate, we're staying somewhere budget and horrible, only for the fact that the hotel is right in the middle of the strip, and we dont intend to stay in our rooms other than sleeping, so we arent too fussed about conditions. More money for beer/food/gambling that way.
 
Unread 15-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Billy Baroo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Its all booked up mate, we're staying somewhere budget and horrible, only for the fact that the hotel is right in the middle of the strip, and we dont intend to stay in our rooms other than sleeping, so we arent too fussed about conditions. More money for beer/food/gambling that way.
if you just want a beer in a decent place away from the casinos etc then try the windmill

save your cash and avoid the clubs
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Anyone been to Vegas?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Las Vegas... Whatever Off Topic 20 25-09-2007 11:35 PM
Leaving Las Vegas Gazw649 Off Topic 5 06-08-2007 02:56 PM
vegas dakpul Off Topic 7 14-03-2007 07:02 PM
so I was in Las Vegas... m14red Off Topic 82 13-01-2007 03:17 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.