United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:08 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Van de Beek must be protected from twitter fans

We will agree to disagree patty lad.....

Start Beek.
Free Beek
Tbf, we do agree for the most part. I would start him and I'd £#%&! Pogba off. But at the same time I understand that we might be bedding him in cautiously instead of throwing him in.

Honest question, why do you think he's not been played yet?

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Windy not missing the chance to put a passive aggressive boot into ole.

How strange...
By agreeing with bunks that Big Donny needs to be playing?

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Tbf, we do agree for the most part. I would start him and I'd £#%&! Pogba off. But at the same time I understand that we might be bedding him in cautiously instead of throwing him in.

Honest question, why do you think he's not been played yet?
My answer - I've no idea and that what worries me the most, it's almost a £#%&!ing crime why he isn't getting a start or minutes when he has the ability to score and unlock defences...

It's utterly bizzare..

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:13 AM
Ethers

Wow, Patty B backtracking big time here ..... “No, we do agree after all Bunky”

Pretty pathetic but when Bunks drops some Eredivisie Bombs it’s very hard to argue against tbf.

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:14 AM
AK14

Don’t really get the idea he needs easing in tbh

Alex Telles had been here a couple of weeks and starts a huge Champions league opener

Axel hadn’t played for 12 months but started the exact same game

Donny gets a league cup game against a lower division team and the last few minutes of games here and there

It’s £#%&!ing odd when the likes of James is getting league starts ahead of him imo, somethings not quite right...

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Ethers

The easing in argument is absolute shite, I could maybe understand it if we were throwing out 10/10 performances every week. But we’re not. We look toothless at times going forward, and when this lad has been on the pitch we’ve looked much better.

It’s not rocket science. He should be starting.

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:37 AM
ZiggyStardust

At this stage it’s clear he wasn’t a Ole signing as all those have gone straight into the team (James, Wan-Bissaka, Maguire and Fernandes)
Those reports that Ole wanted Grealish seem to be accurate

Doesn’t mean he won’t force his way into the team or turn into a successful signing
Personally I think Pogba will prevent this as Ole is going to be under pressure to play Pogba or give minutes to Pogba that Van De Beek should be getting

I can see us using 2 creative players in the starting 11 (Mata and Fernandes at the weekend) but we won’t be using more than that
I’d like to see Van De Beek and Fernandes given a run together but is Ole brave enough to pick him ahead of Pogba
Doubt it

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:54 AM
windy waffles

Can't help but think his advisor slagging off the club after not starting the first game of the season has had some part in this...

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Can't help but think his advisor slagging off the club after not starting the first game of the season has had some part in this...
That's was no body connected to Donny, it wasnt even his agent....

Unread 27-10-2020, 10:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
That's was no body connected to Donny, it wasnt even his agent....
We know that but the papers have him down as his 'advisor'.

Unread 27-10-2020, 11:02 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
We know that but the papers have him down as his 'advisor'.
So you CAN help but think....

Unread 27-10-2020, 11:07 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The easing in argument is absolute shite, I could maybe understand it if we were throwing out 10/10 performances every week. But we’re not. We look toothless at times going forward, and when this lad has been on the pitch we’ve looked much better.

It’s not rocket science. He should be starting.
Of course
If easing in was a thing what about Cavani? Couldn't wait to get him on the pitch

wonder if anything in the stories that Beeky is on a strength programme? Surely not?

I think it's more Ole doesn't know where he fits and/or who he replaces in the team. It's easier with Telles or Cavani.

Unread 27-10-2020, 11:37 AM
Stickman

It’s £#%&!ed. I’ve little doubt he’d be one of our better players from the little I’ve seen of him, he actually stands out. Our midfield options are bang average.

Unread 27-10-2020, 11:43 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Keita and Fabinho were coming into a team that had just reached a CL final and got 100 points in the league.

Apart from that, the scenarios are very similar.
They both came in after Liverpool had just finished 4th in the league and 25 points off top.

Unread 27-10-2020, 11:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
If we're still in the same situation by Christamas, maybe.
Whiffs of him maybe being a non-ole signing, woodward trying to appease him after failing with his top targets? Ole deciding not to use him if possible? Bizarre but possible.

Or, he's just bedding him in slowly and he's pogbas long term replacement.
If we’re still in the same situation at Xmas, maybe you say?

Pogbas not playing mate.

Quote:
Van de Beek must be protected from twitter fans

We will agree to disagree patty lad.....

Start Beek.
Free Beek
Empty grounds too. There’s never been a better time to “throw someone in”.

Unread 27-10-2020, 12:23 PM
windy waffles

Maybe Ole is concerned he is splitting his time between football and Strictly Come Dancing.

Unread 27-10-2020, 01:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
So you CAN help but think....
koppas can't even think.

This van de Beek thing is just annoying. I want to support Ole but he's pissing me off. Sticking with Dan James, yet marginalising this magnificent beast who's not put a foot wrong in the precious few minutes he has had, it's just not right.

Unread 27-10-2020, 01:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
koppas can't even think.

This van de Beek thing is just annoying. I want to support Ole but he's pissing me off. Sticking with Dan James, yet marginalising this magnificent beast who's not put a foot wrong in the precious few minutes he has had, it's just not right.
I agree with you.

Unread 27-10-2020, 01:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
By agreeing with bunks that Big Donny needs to be playing?
Quote:
I agree with you.
Sigh.

Unread 27-10-2020, 02:25 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Sigh.
Can't help if people share my expert wisdom? Says a lot about them.