United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:04 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
He should take some time off.
Agree. Could take the time to count his millions.

Manager has to take some responsibility as well - should have been dropped months ago

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:06 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Agree. Could take the time to count his millions.

Manager has to take some responsibility as well - should have been dropped months ago to find his head.
Convinced there’s a clause in his contract that he must start when fit and available.

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
Reported

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:11 PM
Surfers do Charlie

I really don't understand why players sit on their social media at 3am, or any time for that matter. I can't imagine anything worse for someone who may be suffering from anxiety or depression.

Just take on board the views of your friends, family and the people at the football club who understand your situation and actually care about you ffs.

The days when players lived in digs and caught the bus to the match along with the fans have long gone unfortunately.

Unread 26-04-2024, 12:15 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post
The days when players lived in digs and caught the bus to the match along with the fans have long gone unfortunately.
get it right, 4 buses

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfers do Charlie View Post
I really don't understand why players sit on their social media at 3am, or any time for that matter. I can't imagine anything worse for someone who may be suffering from anxiety or depression.

Just take on board the views of your friends, family and the people at the football club who understand your situation and actually care about you ffs.

Wrong generation mate I’m afraid. They’re obsessed with how they’re perceived online.

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:20 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Wrong generation mate I’m afraid. They’re obsessed with how they’re perceived online.
Harsh on…

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:31 PM
armchair

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
“I’ve been up since 7 this morning”

Must be tough getting up at a normal time.

Unread 26-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Coming out swinging !!!

Unread 26-04-2024, 03:33 PM
Neo

Looks like Erik and Marcus are tag-teaming the vultures across the media. Siege mentality in the lead up to the Cup Final.

Vg2c.

Thinking of getting a hashtag trending in support of our homegrown lad.

#DontBashTheRash

Thoughts and input from the forum welcome...

Unread 26-04-2024, 03:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Looks like Erik and Marcus are tag-teaming the vultures across the media. Siege mentality in the lead up to the Cup Final.

Vg2c.

Thinking of getting a hashtag trending in support of our homegrown lad.

#DontBashTheRash

Thoughts and input from the forum welcome...
I think #DontPickThe#@&%! might get more support.

Unread 26-04-2024, 03:38 PM
no fun

I’ve wrote him a poem to cheer him up

There was a young man from the ‘Shawe
Who’s performances were very poor
Twitters so cruel he cried
I’ve saved poor childrens lives
I wish someone would show him the door

Unread 26-04-2024, 03:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I think #DontPickThe#@&%! might get more support.
I wouldn’t pick it, I’d opt to stroke it instead

Unread 26-04-2024, 03:46 PM
Glenn Lodbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Sick to death of him tbh. First he says 'if you doubt me, even better', then when people doubt him he calls it 'abuse'.

Footballers are so thick. Just perform on the pitch and everything will be forgiven. Don't perform and you'll get criticised.
It's not even about performance on the pitch for Rashford. It's effort and application. Just £#%&!ing put the hard yards in. That's the least the fans deserve.

Unread 26-04-2024, 05:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
in an interview, with hristo stoichkov, mourinho called out four players in particular - marcus rashford, anthony martial, luke shaw and jesse lingard - for their lack of drive.

Speaking in november 2018, mourinho said: "they are lacking maturity. When i say that, i mean maturity at a personal level. We are more men, we are more mature, we were more prepared to face life. We were less protected. In england, they call it ‘spoilt’."

mourinho added: "today, we’re talking about ‘spoilt kids’. Our children are more ‘spoilt’ than we were.

"i think kids these days have a different social life than us, and players have around them an ‘entourage’, and i mean a personal entourage, the people that surround them, that protect them more, give them more affection, more excuses. They reach maturity more slowly.

"for example, this kid, luke shaw, who is currently the national team’s left-back, when i arrived here two years ago, he didn’t know how to compete. He had great potential, yes, but he didn’t know how to compete.

"when we talk about luke shaw, [anthony] martial, [jesse] lingard, [marcus] rashford, we’re talking about kids with great potential but still lack a word i can’t say but that you like a lot… they lack a bit of that. Character, personality, as they say in spain as well, bad blood, that natural aggression that you had."

amazingly, three of the four players are still with the premier league giants, with only lingard moving on from the club in the years that have followed.

Lingard left the club in 2022 before spending a season with nottingham forest, however the 31-year-old has been without a club since leaving the city ground last summer.

Unread 26-04-2024, 05:09 PM
madhattricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Lodbrok View Post
It's not even about performance on the pitch for Rashford. It's effort and application. Just £#%&!ing put the hard yards in. That's the least the fans deserve.
This. Rashford has shown plenty of times over the years that when the going gets tough he shuts the effort level down to a minimum.

Unread 26-04-2024, 05:21 PM
Sparky***

Another mental midget.

Speaks volumes about where his priorities are if he’s on Twitter searching his own name at nearly 1am ffs.

Unread 26-04-2024, 05:24 PM
NedKelly

If Rashford were in front of me right now, I wouldn't say a single word to him. I would listen to what he has to say, and that's what no one’s done.

Unread 26-04-2024, 05:50 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
If Rashford were in front of me right now, I wouldn't say a single word to him. I would listen to what he has to say, and that's what no one’s done.
He’d just run into you.