United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:07 AM
Sandman

If Solskjaer is looking to rebuild with mainly young players, he'll probably want Odegaard from Madrid.

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:10 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
If Solskjaer is looking to rebuild with mainly young players, he'll probably want Odegaard from Madrid.
Is he still there?

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:32 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Is he still there?

Yes.

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:41 AM
The Stella Fella

Will lower his wages to join Madrid yet wanted huge £#%&!ing wages from the team he was at as a youngster for years. If true of course

I so £#%&!ing wish one club would put a “star” in the reserves for 3 years and £#%&! their career. That’s the only way clubs will get power back from players.

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Patty_b

I hope this is true, get the £#%&!er out of the club. I'm not even that greedy, as long as we sell him for more than we paid then I'm delighted, surely we can't £#%&! that up.

I can't wait to see his face the first time he gets abuse from about 70,000 Madrid fans after one of his trademark mardy performances. It took Ronaldo several years of tearing La Liga apart before the fans warmed to him. Pogba has no chance

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Dasilvatwins

160 million pounds, minimum. If they dont pay up dont sell him. He can rot for a year in the europa league.

Unread 11-06-2019, 07:48 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
160 million pounds, minimum. If they dont pay up dont sell him. He can rot for a year in the europa league.
So he ll have to rot then. You ll be lucky to get £90/£100m

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
So he ll have to rot then. You ll be lucky to get £90/£100m
If madrid are desperate. Coutinho and dembele went for around 120-130 and pogba is the much bigger name/ far superior. I am quickly begining to despise him and lingard.

Even more so than jones and young. Jones and young are crap at football but they dont piss about and have a poor attitude towards it. Rashford is following the ways of jesse too. Its a mess. So many players need to leave or atleast change their approach to the game. i just hope ole gets it right

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I am quickly begining to despise him and lingard.
£#%&! them both off. Obviously Lingard will end up staying as the manager either sees him as a useful player (he's not) or he's keeping around to amuse the squad with his wacky faces and clown clothes.

Pogba can just £#%&! off.

Unread 11-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&! them both off. Obviously Lingard will end up staying as the manager either sees him as a useful player (he's not) or he's keeping around to amuse the squad with his wacky faces and clown clothes.

Pogba can just £#%&! off.
Lingard dines off one goal at the emirates . You would think as a 26 year old man he would be more embarassed that both of liverpools full backs have more assists than him....FULLBACKS

Nope lets post "0.012% to show how far we have come" £#%&! off you dancing @#%&!

Unread 11-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Lok

I think we're stuck with him. I highly doubt Madrid can afford him, even if they do shift Bale and co.

They went for Hazard as their big signing and have already spent a fortune elsewhere.

Hopefully Juve have the cash but that also seems unlikely considering how much they must be paying Ronaldo.

Our only hope is that Ole can get a tune out of him. Doesn't sound likely.

Unread 11-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Our only hope is that Ole can get a tune out of the squad. Doesn't sound likely.
Fixed

Unread 11-06-2019, 09:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Hard to disagree. Lots of money plus Isco and Bale would do me. Fernandes would be an upgrade imo if we used the money we get wisely on the rest of the team.
Of all the IFs out there, this is the biggest on record.

He's our best player and I fully expect us to sell him and replace him with someone worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think we're stuck with him. I highly doubt Madrid can afford him, even if they do shift Bale and co.

They went for Hazard as their big signing and have already spent a fortune elsewhere.

Hopefully Juve have the cash but that also seems unlikely considering how much they must be paying Ronaldo.

Our only hope is that Ole can get a tune out of him. Doesn't sound likely.
I think Madrid have the money. Zidane was supposedly told £400m when agreeing to come back. Plus they sell well these days.

Unread 11-06-2019, 09:42 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Of all the IFs out there, this is the biggest on record.

He's our best player and I fully expect us to sell him and replace him with someone worse.
We'll replace him with a worse talent but doesn't mean we'll replace him with a player who will perform worse than Pogba has

Maybe the player we sign won't get as many goals and assists (certainly won't if they don't take the penalties ) but in terms of an overall contribution to the team with and without the ball as well as a consistent level of performance....think we could do better even with a worse "talent"

Unread 11-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We'll replace him with a worse talent but doesn't mean we'll replace him with a player who will perform worse than Pogba has

Maybe the player we sign won't get as many goals and assists (certainly won't if they don't take the penalties ) but in terms of an overall contribution to the team with and without the ball as well as a consistent level of performance....think we could do better even with a worse "talent"
Liverpool sold Countinho and replaced him with Keita.

They're better and won the CL.

We have some good players, but we could sell any of them and become greater than the sum of our parts.

Because our sum is shit.

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:16 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

We could do better, but it’s more likely we will do worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Liverpool sold Countinho and replaced him with Keita.

They're better and won the CL.

We have some good players, but we could sell any of them and become greater than the sum of our parts.

Because our sum is shit.
I think you could very easily argue they replaced Coutinho six months earlier with Salah.

When we sign someone like that I’ll feel much better about letting the best player leave. And even then the structureless mess we are would probably ruin whoever that player is too tbf.

Unread 11-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We could do better, but it’s more likely we will do worse
We need a latin motto.Spurs have Audere est Facere (to dare is to do) and Everton have Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (nothing but the best is good enough).

I reckon: "Suus 'tantum iens impetro pejus"

Unread 11-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Madrid will make the money overnight with the dabs and shirt crew. He is huge with regards to marketing.
The club think he hasn’t lived up to their expectations on the commercial side.

Unread 11-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We need a latin motto.Spurs have Audere est Facere (to dare is to do) and Everton have Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (nothing but the best is good enough).

I reckon: "Suus 'tantum iens impetro pejus"

Unread 11-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
roughly translates as "we're £#%&!ed"
Closed Thread